Apple spokesperson: Recent staff cutbacks were a mistake
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Aug 2012, 04:12
It appears Apple has realized that laying off staff in the period that's preceding major device launches is not a very wise thing to do...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2012, 07:46 3 0
Not an oversight mate, they know they will not need so many staff for the next iPhone launch. That's the writing is on the wall for the next iPhone.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Aug 2012, 05:36 11 1
Apple is a douche.....seriously and the people who were laid off should really consider who they're working for.....smh
3. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2012, 05:54 3 1
One of the richest companies on earth cuts important personnel, where is the proper focus at?
4. jsdechavez posted on 17 Aug 2012, 06:24 3 0
Perhaps because they wanted to save on employee benefits from extending their contracts.
5. nicholassss posted on 17 Aug 2012, 06:46 1 3
Good news for me, I just applied at my local apple store. haha.
15. Lift_Off posted on 17 Aug 2012, 15:43 0 2
Because its a good job. Fairly High pay, and easy to sell products to people. Even if I didnt like Apple I would apply there.
9. mukrenol posted on 17 Aug 2012, 10:38 5 0
cut old staffs, hire new ones
it will save them money... in the long run....
but then you get more newbies on the job that knows little about the product or their history.....
14. W.P._Android_in_that_Order posted on 17 Aug 2012, 15:12 1 0
With as much as Apple products are made for people with the lowest possible I.Q. i'm sure the new people will do just fine.
10. Savage posted on 17 Aug 2012, 11:46 5 0
Apple, If you spend less on your lawyers and more on your products, employees need not be fired.
12. downphoenix posted on 17 Aug 2012, 13:00 1 0
They are a corporation that has run amok with its profit mongering. Layoffs are sad but understandable for companies like RIM and Nokia that are both in dire straits, but its just pure greed when a company that is making record breaking profits hand over fist like Apple.
13. Pdubb posted on 17 Aug 2012, 13:22 0 0
My thoughts exactly! What could have possibly happened that they felt the need to lay off people? The economy is bad everywhere but they have record profits, the most "valuable corp." in the world and a new product launch which usually requires extra work. Seems a bit strange especially considering they are suing Samsung for 2.5 billion and they have a small work force to begin with when you consider other companies.
16. remixfa posted on 17 Aug 2012, 15:52 2 0
they had to cut back. they dipped under 60% profit margins and just couldnt take it! screw the front line people!! yeeaa!! lol.
seriously, exactly what reason could the world's richest company that only makes MORE money every year have to "cut back". Crap like this is exactly why people scream "corporate greed" from the hilltops.
17. InspectorGadget80 posted on 19 Aug 2012, 10:33 0 0
Apple must be stupid. why the hell would they start lay off their hard workers that help them sells their products? Their a billion dollar company. i think they should lay off the executive and senior staff members and board of directors their the ones making too much money. they should give them some raises