Apple sold more iOS devices in 2011 than Macs over 28 years
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2012, 16:51 posted on
Research firm Asymco looked into the sales of various Apple products over the years and discovered that the Cupertino based firm sold more iOS devices in 2011 than the total number of MacIntosh models sold over the 28 years that Macs have been available...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Why even comment if you are going to talk smack?
2. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
apple is such a successful company. What more can I say
4. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
Sing, sing a song make it simple so all the kids can sing along, sing along
5. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Yes apple is successful and it makes sense....most companies did not have the vision that consumers would want mobile devices that serve multimedia purposes than traditional laptops and desktops. When other brands were building and improving desktop pc's and laptops apple sat down to develop de iPhone.made sure it was out of class and marketed it well.made people believe it was the 1st phone to have what ever features it came with.apples success is a story of marketing and quick thinking.
They will continue to see success until other manufacturers work on improving their brands and better advertisements of their products....that is why Samsung is on the right track,it's the only company that can and has the ability to over throw apples success but even then it won't be this year or next.eventually they will get there and that will only happen when people come to finally understand the technicalities and functions of apple products and what android Samsung devices offer....if apple keeps going this same old way with ios they will meet their doom soon.
7. jove39 (Posts: 1838; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...Apple has advantage of huge consumer base...other manufacturers have no such advantage...save for Microsoft...Windows 8 tablets will definitely have noticeable market share if priced right...Only if Microsoft could make tablets at $500 or help OEMs to build tabs at that price point...It'll be real threat to domination of iPad.
13. Schmao (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
AKA Apple successfully brainwashes people. And they are damn good at it.
6. jove39 (Posts: 1838; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Funny...Apple has termed this as a cannibalization of mac and pc by iPad...and Apple seems to like it.
8. bbblader (Posts: 590; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
there are a very few people that would buy a $2000 Mac instead of a PC for $500
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
true & anyway who buys mac. world runs on windows
9. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Lets see, the average Mac computer costs about $1000, and iPhone costs $200. Gee, I wonder why they sold more iOS devices.
10. samirsshah (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
I want a more horizontally elongated graph.
12. Schmao (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Macs are way too expensive. Thus, Windows has like over 1 billion users and Mac has to settle for less than 15% of that.