Apple slashing iPad sales estimates, expects iPad mini to overtake it in 2013
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2013, 07:59 posted on
If last year we could only theorize about the 7.9-inch iPad mini cannibalizing sales of its bigger brother, the 9.7-inch iPad, this is now said to become the reality of 2013…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. sorcio46 (Posts: 416; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
We said that many months ago Phonearena :D!
3. tech2 (Posts: 2573; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
so basically they cut down 27 million iPads and increased mini's expectations by only 15 million ! that sounds an overall decline
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 13479; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're talking price vs expected shipments. Makes no sense.
6. tedkord (Posts: 5553; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, he's talking straight numbers. Projections for the iPad were slashed by 27 million, while projections for the mini went up only 15 million.
This is doubly damning, since not only are the overall numbers down, but the mini has a much lower margin.
12. jas0976 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
thats 100% right.
its all numbers game (math)
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6806; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Same boring news every time when millions of people already bought the ipad
7. tmcr7 (Posts: 168; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
but I thought Steve Jobs said 10" is the ideal tablet size?
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is all about the form factor.
Mini really hits the sweet spot between usability and size..people will buy it over big iPad even if it costs the same.
So, Apple can push high end specs and and charge a premium for the mini, and achieve even greater profit margin.
Mark my words and watch
9. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
i agree.. a ten inch tab is a tweener IMO, too big to be portable too small to be useful. Mini did get the size right if it weren't for that lol low rez screen that they burned everyone on it once again further proving what a anti consumer company apple is; launch it with the low rez crap screen that really does suck and looks terrible, just to refrsh it months later all for the highest price in it's class... well there i go again, even when apple does something right the over charge and screw you lol
10. funchumm1206 (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Tim said that ipad mini will not cannibalize ipad 4. what happened? LOL
11. tedkord (Posts: 5553; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Tim also said that he doesn't like lawsuits. So I'm not really sure what Tim says means all that much...
13. MrWilli5 (Posts: 74; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
its not the size of the tablet ppl are into its the damn price