Apple site confirms iPhone 5 name (and LTE support) prior to announcement
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 09:14 posted on
It turns out the search tool on Apple's site is very good. So good, in fact, that it has found what the name of the upcoming new iPhone is going to be. And the new iPhone is going to be called... iPhone 5! Amazing? Well, not really, but at least it's not iPhone 5 4G LTE (4.0) or something...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
mind blowing :)
26. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4767; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Nice Killer Instinct! You are the man! lol
57. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
TJ Combo, Glacius, and Sabrewulf were my go to guys lol
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
no wonder there's no apple users or fans in here commenting?
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 17584; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple fans let the droiders do all the commenting. We just enjoy using a great device.
11. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Magical, revolutionary and highly-innovative (the phone) and sarcastic (me)
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It would be ground breaking when iPhone would be banned by Samsung or Google in one or other way instantly after release. :D
36. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
More like earth-shattering, 'cause the lawsuit would have to have been filed when there was no official word about the device, Further, the trial would have had toave been held, jury decision reached against Apple, and the judge would have issued a sales ban order. The only way this could happen is if it happened in a parallel universe that was slightly out of sync with the universe we are in. And when the two universes came into contact with each other, the earth shattered (matter-anti-matter thang)....
Sounds like a story line for a movie, eh? Maybe an indie release using iMovie?
39. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Edit - to have (instead of toave). PA you need to not lock up edits so quickly....
34. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I guess people complained about the change in the naming of the iPad (from iPad# to New iPad), and so the iPhone# convention was retained.
35. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What a big joke, i believe they will call it the new iPhone....
10. Das70 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
That was the point. it was a tongue in cheek write up.
47. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Que in HTC and SAMSUNG time for the useless apple to get banned. Yes being late to the 4G party years later means that you can pay a price. Piss on Apple and it's users...
56. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
galli you didn't answer his question.
58. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
what question ?? he wants Apple to vanish and he will be happy..
55. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
lmfao that was really funny, poor Apple fans.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Dad to be 5 .... 2012 == 2+0+1+2 =5 .. c'mon it doesnt take a PhD to guess this so from here on the number system which was broke is fixed ... 2013 will be 6 and so on :)
42. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If Steve were still alive, you would get a shout-out from him at the announcement. Unfortunately Timmy isn't into that kind of esoterica.
38. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
and again... and again
9. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
100 % android fans will talk about it , tonight. they love apple.
thumb me down if u agree.
19. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I see what you did there....
12. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
is the name iphone 5 epic 4g lte touch taken?
13. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Today is Apple day buy the fruit and eat it not iPhone 5 release date will be October so don't waste time.
33. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
your profile pic is oppa gangnam style! :D
15. MelvinPainter (Posts: 58; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Maybe there will be a removable battery and a memory expansion slot.
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Don't think so. If they have come up with "Lighteneing" to draw cash out of pocket of end users they wouldn't make loss by doing this. They are cash hungry ...
16. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Big Fruity's theme song, stolen of course from The Who and its iconic hit "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Big Fruitys take: Meet the new iPhoney, same as the old iPhoney.. No you won't get fooled again.. NO NO.. You won't get fooled again... Except the fantwinks...
Big fruity can't innovate so they'd rather litigate. Enjoy your 4 inches of massive screen. I am sure NO manufacturer has NEVER offered a 4 inch screen before, let alone one housed in a rectangle with rounded corners. LMAO WOW 5 rows of icons.. HMM love the fact big fruity CONTROLS your phones, your content. Read the user agreement. Its NOT your media you buy, its Big Fruitys! You just use it!
24. bucky (Posts: 2221; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You need a job. Seems you have too much time on your hands paying attention to articles you don't care about
31. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
I have a job busting balls of people like you fantwinks.. You need a job. I have a great one, its called being a FATHER!
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And you do... is that all you can say? you didn't answer his question! Well how can you, you've got nothing to say.
40. teerex42 (Posts: 197; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Yeah oh yeah real innovative HAHA what a joke, over priced tiny crap iphone...it's an ipod boooooring!!!!!
23. kabukijoe (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
I'm kind of surprised that they're including LTE, knowing Apple's business tactics I would have assumed that they would have conveniently excluded LTE from this model only to add it to next years and call it the iPhone 5S so that everyone would go buy it again.
29. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Only the name is iphone 5...but actually it's iphone 4s+......
30. NAHEK (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
"The search goof was first found by 9to5Mac, who, we guess, are currently hitting the F5 button of their browsers every 10 seconds." Lol'd.
32. eman99 (Posts: 319; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
another device with low end specs try to play catch up
37. teerex42 (Posts: 197; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Who cares!!! iboooring!!!! Ya aint going to revolutionize s**t!!!
Ur behind android now, get use to it!!
50. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
iT shatters everything...even your mouths!!! Number 5 iS the real deal folks! Nothing is coming after this!! :P
First time i'm seeing Ray giving in to a sarcastic joke! :D
51. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Congrats Apple you did it again. I love telling people my phone has everything the Iphoine 4 does but its called the iphone 5
52. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
4G LTE.....samsung is getting ready.....lol
59. downphoenix (Posts: 2979; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Besides the Iphone 5, that picture also confirms a sequel to Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married!