Apple shares plunge on poor Chinese Apple iPhone 5 reception
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 11:46 posted on
Shares of Apple are once again approaching the magical price of $500, although this time it is on the downside as poor reception in China to the launch there of the Apple iPhone 5 has investor dumping the stock; in China, the lack of long lines for the latest version of Apple's iconic smartphone was a clear sign that something was different this time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
45. roscuthiii (Posts: 1931; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I guess iPhone popularity was a fad like that of New Kids on The Block:
"The right stuff
The right stuff
First time was a great time
Second time was a blast
Third time I fell in love
Now I hope it lasts"
I wonder where the lyrics go for the 4th time and beyond...
46. roscuthiii (Posts: 1931; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Don't judge me for knowin' some NKOTB. :-|
49. uliuli80 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
The reason why they didn't react as strongly is because they actually use their brain. The Chinese woman spoke of the truth when she said it wasn't revolutionary as Apple states and that the screen is mediocre at best.
50. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Chinese people are smart...ancient chinese secret, no doubt...
52. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
You can blame APPLE for this - lack of innovation - patent trolling and suing. You reap what you sow, apple...enjoy!!
54. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So a 40% drop in market cap from +700 level? How much does that work out in absolute numbers? Maybe 100 times what they want from Samsung for copying their black rectangle without roun der corners right? It just takes a "small prick" to puncture a "bloated ego" :D
58. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
''The iPhone 5 boosts no big innovations and is not very different from the iPhone 4s. I might wait for the next model." And from where the iphone 4s was very different from iphone 4 ? stupid china
66. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The main difference is Siri - bigger change from 4 to 4s, then 4s to 5 - for me, if I was an iphone user, the 5 would be the way to go - more icons on screen - taller phone - LTE 4G connection, better camera - nothing innovative or different than on my android, but for an iphone user the 5 is king.
74. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
I am an apple fan but i must say , APPLE LOST IT INNOVATION
59. yeminswe (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
apple .. you proud if yourself too much .. you neglect the growth of android and its innovation and didnt make NEW .. that's your point of failure... if you wanna fight back, be sure to make amazing innovations that customers used to like.
60. voxmarc (Posts: 323; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
my oh my oh my.....here in shenzhen hardly any buzz,saw the news the about the launch of ip5 on apple store in beijing and its empty and funny how employees are at the door waiting for 1 guy....gone are the days...chinese are known to use money wisely,they realised that paying that much for nothing is FengKuang De.
68. voxmarc (Posts: 323; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
that is one reason other is a lot of cheap android device with better specs...and most of my chinese friends are incline to the Galaxy Note 2 here with two sim cards...which is quite awesome...a dual sim smartphone.
69. Levon (Posts: 33; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
they could do 5 in this way
73. OSFantasma (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
around 30% plung from highest point wow that is crazy..