Apple shares drop 6.4% on misinterpreted story
0. phoneArena 05 Dec 2012, 23:30 posted on
Apple's shares dropped 6.4% to $538 after a Digitimes story appears to have been misinterpreted by traders who dumped the stock; part of the article hinted that the Nokia Lumia 920T could compete with the Apple iPhone 5 in China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The shares are still too much. They cost almost as much as an unsubsidized nexus 4. So much for apple being the first trillion dollar company
6. brucewayne (Posts: 29; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
he said unsubsidised price.350 is subsidised price and unsubsided price is aournd 550.
10. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Unsubsidized price is $350 in the Play store.
550 is just some stupid price tag in T-Mobile.
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
Listen to this guy Munster and risk losing your house, all speculation he says has only 1 purpose: keeping Apple's stock price up.
I think the market simply reacts to disappointing iPhone and iPad sales.
13. Aeires (unregistered)
Sometimes I wonder what's more manipulated, Apple stock prices or the price of coffee. Hard to tell at times.
16. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
NO different than Goldman Sachs influencing the election - these analysts have a purpose in mind when reporting their predictions....
4. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Apple has been grossly over inflated for years. For investors' sakes I am glad it hasn't crashed completely, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it lost 99% of its value. $5.38/share sounds more accurate for such a low-volume company, even with their insane markups.
11. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Look at their P/E and P/E/G and say that with a straight face. Apple made more than Microsoft, Google, Ebay, Yahoo, and Amazon, combined, in FY12.
5. jroc74 (Posts: 6006; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Where are all those folks that bragged about Apple shares being over $700? Like I said before...Google shares were on a steady rise while Apples was up n down. Now its down again from 700. Still wish I woulda got stock in Apple years ago tho...lol.
15. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
My grandfather has APPLE shares from the thirty years ago....not sure how many.
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
'Apple Senior Vice President of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue just sold 15,000 shares for $8.76 million shares.'
Does Eddy know something that others do not? Inside information?
17. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Oh, and phonearena....you mean 8.76 million dollars...
19. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Forstall also sold good number way before departure from Apple.