Apple shares drop 6.4% on misinterpreted story
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Dec 2012, 23:30
Apple's shares dropped 6.4% to $538 after a Digitimes story appears to have been misinterpreted by traders who dumped the stock; part of the article hinted that the Nokia Lumia 920T could compete with the Apple iPhone 5 in China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gazmatic posted on 05 Dec 2012, 23:48 13
The shares are still too much. They cost almost as much as an unsubsidized nexus 4. So much for apple being the first trillion dollar company
6. brucewayne posted on 06 Dec 2012, 00:23 1
he said unsubsidised price.350 is subsidised price and unsubsided price is aournd 550.
10. TylerGrunter posted on 06 Dec 2012, 02:32 0
Unsubsidized price is $350 in the Play store.
550 is just some stupid price tag in T-Mobile.
8. raunak posted on 06 Dec 2012, 00:34 0
@brucewayne sorry didnt see your comment
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 05 Dec 2012, 23:56 7
Listen to this guy Munster and risk losing your house, all speculation he says has only 1 purpose: keeping Apple's stock price up.
I think the market simply reacts to disappointing iPhone and iPad sales.
13. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:13 1
Sometimes I wonder what's more manipulated, Apple stock prices or the price of coffee. Hard to tell at times.
16. networkdood posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:27 1
NO different than Goldman Sachs influencing the election - these analysts have a purpose in mind when reporting their predictions....
4. -box- posted on 06 Dec 2012, 00:02 5
Apple has been grossly over inflated for years. For investors' sakes I am glad it hasn't crashed completely, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it lost 99% of its value. $5.38/share sounds more accurate for such a low-volume company, even with their insane markups.
11. Hemlocke (unregistered) posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:29 0
Look at their P/E and P/E/G and say that with a straight face. Apple made more than Microsoft, Google, Ebay, Yahoo, and Amazon, combined, in FY12.
5. jroc74 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 00:05 4
Where are all those folks that bragged about Apple shares being over $700? Like I said before...Google shares were on a steady rise while Apples was up n down. Now its down again from 700. Still wish I woulda got stock in Apple years ago tho...lol.
15. networkdood posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:26 0
My grandfather has APPLE shares from the thirty years ago....not sure how many.
14. networkdood posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:26 0
'Apple Senior Vice President of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue just sold 15,000 shares for $8.76 million shares.'
Does Eddy know something that others do not? Inside information?
17. networkdood posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:28 0
Oh, and phonearena....you mean 8.76 million dollars...
19. rusticguy posted on 06 Dec 2012, 18:50 0
Forstall also sold good number way before departure from Apple.