Apple sends out its first OTA update for iOS 5.0.1-it's to fix the battery and more
0. phoneArena 10 Nov 2011, 17:15 posted on
Apple has sent out its first OTA update and it is to replace iOS 5 with 1OS 5.0.1; the new software not only improves battery life but improves voice recognition for Australian users, adds multitasking gestures for the original Apple iPad and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _TheGreatIam (Posts: 16; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Adopter!!! lol. I want a power adopter.
9. Venuramax (Posts: 17; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
Power adopter is only for the save battery
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
OTA doesn't seem to be working on my iPad 2.... It is still on v. 5.0 as of this post (I am typing the post on my iPad 2).
4. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I'm glad idevice users can finally update OTA. It took a long um..... 4 years I think to get this nice feature. I wish my ipod 80gb could update like this. Hell I wish apple would allow u to sync to more then 1 computer without erasing all my music.
5. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Hmmm...at least iOS actually gets updates. Last time I checked most manufacturers stops supporting their Android phones in less than a year...
Let's see how many people can take a joke...
6. bucky (Posts: 1909; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Agreed. If its broke, make the exact same thing with a new ffc!
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Jeff, that wasn\'t a joke...it was a shot. But isn\'t multi gesture for the iPad supposed to be in this version. Been eyeing that feature for about a year now and I\'m getting antsy. Pretty cool feature so it\'s worth the wait, but com\'on!
13. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Forgot my lol and smiley, so here it is Jeff.
...it was a shot. Lol! :)
7. JLyc1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
OTA iOS 5.0.1 downloaded into my iPod4.....all went smoothly.
OTA .....very fast and easy.....good feature of Apple products.
If Apple is generous enough to update every available technology, eg SIri, to all adaptable sets..... Apple will be unbeatable.
8. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1703; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
why would they, its basically the ONLY thing that makes the 4S unique compared to the 4
14. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Um... 4s also has a dual core processor, better antenna, faster internet speeds, and a wayyy better camera with 1080p hd video recording, ect, get your facts straight ^^
15. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Yeah, it is. It baffles me why Android OEMs havent figured out how to make a camera that can compare with the iPhone's camera. They're decent cameras but why not go that extra mile?
16. LionStone (Posts: 547; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Well hTc cameras have been all over it for a while now.
17. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I will admit the My Touch camera surprised me, and I'm glad to see the Amaze is about equal. But I would like to see these kinds of improvements across the bord as far as 8MP shooters are concerned.
18. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
The camera is made by sony, its the same one thats in the xperia arc s
12. deckelpc (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
Just tried to get the update in the UK OTA to be told i need a wi-fi connection!! Being wi-fi the update is over the internet and nowhere near a real OTA download using your carrier as so many other phone companies do
19. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Pop up came up on my phone yesterday and it let me download and update without asking to plug into a power supply...
Have to say that I am noticing the battery lasting much longer so far!