Apple sends out iOS 6.1.3; fixes lockscreen flaw and improves Apple Maps
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2013, 18:14 posted on
By rolling out iOS 6.1.3 on Tuesday, Apple fixed a flaw with the lockscreen that allowed unauthorized users to get into the phone to steal contacts, call history, photos, messages and other personal information; the update also improves the Apple Maps application in Japan by improving pronounciation of turn-by-turn directions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
i'm guessing no more jailbreaks for you guys who have IOS devices?
8. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I always laugh at those people. "I love apple for the interface, and premium build quality and materials"
*jailbreaks the phone and puts a case on it*
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 2314; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
That's as awesome as Samsung Galaxy S4 not getting CyanogenMod support.
Droiddoes, when is Samesung going to fix their lockscreen bypass?
What about the S3 sudden death bug? RIP S3s.
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
At least lockscreen bypass bug in Samsung Galaxy S III was discovered not so long ago and Samsung promised that it will be fixed soon (actually there already is solution jus not official).
But what about Apple, it is already THREE YEARS (or maybe even more!) how various lockscreen bypass bugs are known in iOS, but seems that Apple still unable to fix all of them. I think that should be a SHAME!
And seems that 6.1.3 iOS update also can't fix all security holes in iOS lockscreen:
21. joey_sfb (Posts: 5249; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I don't understand iOS is the same app launcher program for the past 5 years and still have bugs.
Apple shame on you!
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"'Three updates' to rule them all,
'Three updates' to find them,
'Three updates' to bring them all and in
the darkness bind them."
16. iphone5fornow (unregistered)
Well same thing happens for android divices when you rooted , now the question is , when will the galaxy s3 get the same fix lol lol never it ain't going to happen perhaps .
3. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yep thats why i dont bother updating it.. nothing huge upgrade anyway. :)
4. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
its not huge upgrade but for some people the lockscreen flaw is important if they have a password.
26. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
im going to wait for iOS 6.1.4. ...after that 6.1.5 and so on :D
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm not sure if it is not fake, but look here:
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iOS 6 has lockscreen flaws after lockscreen flaws... Maybe 6.1.4 will fix it (hopefully).
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is already THREE YEARS how various lock screen bypass bugs are known in iOS, but seems that Apple still unable to fix all of them. I think it should be a SHAME!
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iOS 6 pretty much had them back to back and they were pretty bad.
6. Droiddoes (unregistered)
It just works!
7. lyndon420 (Posts: 3714; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
PA does know that Vancouver is in Canada yes?
And slow down with the map updates...we're still having fun over that one lol.
14. Droiddoes (unregistered)
So you're saying you're off the apple juice and interested in the SGS4? That's great! Welcome aboard
27. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
We don't wish, you can keep on "drinking" your Apple juice.
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 2314; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Fandroids ... When is shamesung going to fix their lockscreen bypass bug?
15. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
same old story fix , fix fix and that what do best LOL
22. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
And now we wait for even more bugs and glitches to be discovered
23. frydaexiii (Posts: 1425; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
iOS > iOS X update : Minor Upgrade
iOS X.X update : Major bugfixes
iOS X.X.X update : Minor bugfixes
Android > Android X update : Major Revamp/Upgrade
Android X.X update : Minor Upgrade & Major Bugfixes
Android X.X.X : Major Bug fixes
Pretty much everything you need to know about the update process
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And wait for the news on what this breaks :D
28. snoopy5 (Posts: 7; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
IMO this flaw thing was a strategic,just imagine a phone that was 100% flawless made in term of soft and hardware,which area you can think of to make an IMPROVEMENT?oh come on,people want an improvement,not perfection,THINK!!
29. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Fandroids should not even comment when topics about upgrades .. Ohh yes the Droid 4 updated to an outdated OS.... Great
31. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Who cares about the Droid 4...there are dozens of Android phones far better than that phone and much better than any iPhone. Maybe if you opened your eyes and stop being loyal to a company who revels in ripping off the American people, you would realize this.
33. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
maybe if you respect my decision on OS and not be trolling my comments...
30. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Lol, my wife updated her 4s and told me nothing really was fixed...lmao. Of course, the apple-ites will praise their company..
32. TheKookiemonster007 (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
im glad with this upgrade my ipad mini touchscreen didnt work i had to download this update on itunes