Apple sends out iOS 6.1.3; fixes lockscreen flaw and improves Apple Maps
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:14
By rolling out iOS 6.1.3 on Tuesday, Apple fixed a flaw with the lockscreen that allowed unauthorized users to get into the phone to steal contacts, call history, photos, messages and other personal information; the update also improves the Apple Maps application in Japan by improving pronounciation of turn-by-turn directions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lovenyc8 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:26 10
i'm guessing no more jailbreaks for you guys who have IOS devices?
8. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:51 17
I always laugh at those people. "I love apple for the interface, and premium build quality and materials"
*jailbreaks the phone and puts a case on it*
17. Ninetysix posted on 19 Mar 2013, 20:18 5
That's as awesome as Samsung Galaxy S4 not getting CyanogenMod support.
Droiddoes, when is Samesung going to fix their lockscreen bypass?
What about the S3 sudden death bug? RIP S3s.
20. PhoneArenaUser posted on 19 Mar 2013, 20:42 3
At least lockscreen bypass bug in Samsung Galaxy S III was discovered not so long ago and Samsung promised that it will be fixed soon (actually there already is solution jus not official).
But what about Apple, it is already THREE YEARS (or maybe even more!) how various lockscreen bypass bugs are known in iOS, but seems that Apple still unable to fix all of them. I think that should be a SHAME!
And seems that 6.1.3 iOS update also can't fix all security holes in iOS lockscreen:
21. joey_sfb posted on 19 Mar 2013, 20:48 8
I don't understand iOS is the same app launcher program for the past 5 years and still have bugs.
Apple shame on you!
25. Nathan_ingx posted on 19 Mar 2013, 22:03 4
"'Three updates' to rule them all,
'Three updates' to find them,
'Three updates' to bring them all and in
the darkness bind them."
16. iphone5fornow (unregistered) posted on 19 Mar 2013, 20:07 2
Well same thing happens for android divices when you rooted , now the question is , when will the galaxy s3 get the same fix lol lol never it ain't going to happen perhaps .
3. oying24 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:30 1
yep thats why i dont bother updating it.. nothing huge upgrade anyway. :)
4. bojan posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:36 6
its not huge upgrade but for some people the lockscreen flaw is important if they have a password.
26. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 19 Mar 2013, 22:08 0
im going to wait for iOS 6.1.4. ...after that 6.1.5 and so on :D
5. PhoneArenaUser posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:41 5
I'm not sure if it is not fake, but look here:
9. PapaSmurf posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:54 6
iOS 6 has lockscreen flaws after lockscreen flaws... Maybe 6.1.4 will fix it (hopefully).
10. PhoneArenaUser posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:54 1
It is already THREE YEARS how various lock screen bypass bugs are known in iOS, but seems that Apple still unable to fix all of them. I think it should be a SHAME!
11. PapaSmurf posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:57 2
iOS 6 pretty much had them back to back and they were pretty bad.
6. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:44 4
It just works!
7. lyndon420 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:50 2
PA does know that Vancouver is in Canada yes?
And slow down with the map updates...we're still having fun over that one lol.
14. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 19 Mar 2013, 19:46 5
So you're saying you're off the apple juice and interested in the SGS4? That's great! Welcome aboard
27. xperiaDROID (limited) 5 days ago posted on 19 Mar 2013, 22:26 0
We don't wish, you can keep on "drinking" your Apple juice.
13. Ninetysix posted on 19 Mar 2013, 19:44 6
Fandroids ... When is shamesung going to fix their lockscreen bypass bug?
15. ramonleonjr62 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 19:53 1
same old story fix , fix fix and that what do best LOL
22. Giggity posted on 19 Mar 2013, 21:00 3
And now we wait for even more bugs and glitches to be discovered
23. frydaexiii posted on 19 Mar 2013, 21:14 5
iOS > iOS X update : Minor Upgrade
iOS X.X update : Major bugfixes
iOS X.X.X update : Minor bugfixes
Android > Android X update : Major Revamp/Upgrade
Android X.X update : Minor Upgrade & Major Bugfixes
Android X.X.X : Major Bug fixes
Pretty much everything you need to know about the update process
28. snoopy5 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 22:39 0
IMO this flaw thing was a strategic,just imagine a phone that was 100% flawless made in term of soft and hardware,which area you can think of to make an IMPROVEMENT?oh come on,people want an improvement,not perfection,THINK!!
29. gallitoking posted on 20 Mar 2013, 02:14 0
Fandroids should not even comment when topics about upgrades .. Ohh yes the Droid 4 updated to an outdated OS.... Great
31. networkdood posted on 20 Mar 2013, 05:45 0
Who cares about the Droid 4...there are dozens of Android phones far better than that phone and much better than any iPhone. Maybe if you opened your eyes and stop being loyal to a company who revels in ripping off the American people, you would realize this.
33. gallitoking posted on 20 Mar 2013, 12:12 0
maybe if you respect my decision on OS and not be trolling my comments...
30. networkdood posted on 20 Mar 2013, 05:42 1
Lol, my wife updated her 4s and told me nothing really was fixed...lmao. Of course, the apple-ites will praise their company..
32. TheKookiemonster007 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:19 0
im glad with this upgrade my ipad mini touchscreen didnt work i had to download this update on itunes