Apple sends out iOS 6.0.2 to fix bugs, but some are unable to close the deal
0. phoneArena 18 Dec 2012, 14:31 posted on
While Apple has sent out iOS 6.0.2 to fix some bugs including one that plays havoc with Wi-Fi connectivity, iOS users are having a problem connecting to Apple's servers for the update; the update isn't working for a number of Apple devices, so it is not a problem limited to one model although some are having no problem installing the update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ckoch125 (Posts: 187; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Got the unable to connect at first then finally let me install
16. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Apple messing up AGAIN...why am i not surprised?
27. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
almost like having to replace my SIM card before my GS3 would recognize that there was new software available. chill w/the thoughtless comments. issues happen all across the board.
31. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
sheesh byt he size of your comment and your going out of the way just to prove your point...i think you're the one buddy who neeeds a chill pill man! and yeah one more thing why did you have to take tghe example of a GS3 only :)
anyways calling my comments thoughtless isnt cool bro...especially if you're an apple fanboy...we all think and are entitled to our opinions...so thoughtless is akin to name calling and you dont wanna go down that road on PA...trust me!
so unless you've a valid point or just a genuine opinion which I respect...dont bother to troll on my commetns!
2. Insignificant (Posts: 189; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Knowing Apple, they'll soon send out 22.214.171.124 with the advertisement: "With a new and improved update, you can now update your update to update! This changes everything again!"
5. Razorback556 (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I created an account just to thumbs up this comment!
19. quakan (Posts: 1135; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Isn't it funny your username is Insignificant and your comment was...well I think you get what I'm saying.
26. Insignificant (Posts: 189; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I am insignificant! What about the comment?
20. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Best iOS 6.0.2 update since 6.0.1 or Best thing happened to iOS 6 since iOS 6.0.1
3. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
The update is only for the iPad mini and the iPhone 5.
7. big.e927 (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
If it truly were only for the iPad mini and the iPhone 5, why did the article have to mention the iPhone 4&4S? Oh, that's right, because they can receive the update too-- that's why.lol
11. gravityron (Posts: 20; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
go to support.apple.com/kb/DL1621 ... pay attention to the right-hand side, under "system requirements."
18. quakan (Posts: 1135; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Post Date: Dec 18, 2012
Download ID: DL1621
Just in case you didn't find your way over to Apple's website. :-)
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2813; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Goes to prove that they are either bigger or smaller version of the same thing packages as something different :)
4. visor (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Download first time via Settings and install ok for me.
6. Synack (Posts: 658; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I used to enjoy getting updates when I had an Android, there were IMPROVEMENTS and fun stuff. iOS updates are bug fixes and boring s**t.
10. scorpio1646 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Grrrrrrr....this update does NOT fix the problem of not being able to send images through SMS!
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5517; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Get a GS III. I can send photos by SMS message all the time.
15. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
yeah, its great that pictures on my gs3 come as videos multi media messages.
17. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
So can I on my ip5, and I can even edit the vids and preview what I edited it to before I send it.
13. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I wish samsung would push these updates so quickly. Too many bugs after jellybean.
24. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
And let's not even mention what their ICS update did to our Epic 4G Touch's (it shuts down a lot. Apparently it's a bug in the software that reads the battery level. It thinks the battery level is low and shuts down the phone. It won't restart until you stake the battery out and put it back in)
14. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
People bash apple for these updates, but hey, at least ios receives updates.
21. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
What matters to you? Getting these updates or features which are far better than included in iOS. I would choose Custom gingerbread/ICS or Stock Jellybean over iOS 6.
29. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
"far better" isn't factual buddy...its opinion-based so asking a person a question then answering that question w/a response about something you prefer was kind of pointless.
30. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Irony buddy. You didn't back it by fact either. Fact and points, you have it. Now give me your PoV, and I hope you reply to this one, with fact. Except for smoothness (my 2.3 custom ROM was smooth enough for me), give me one thing that iOS does as an OS and ecosystem. iOS 6 features reject and sms, I had it on my desire 2.3, MIUI Rom. I didn't even notice it. And it looked similar to what it looks in iOS 6. Maps? You tell. Extra row of icons? Nah. An advanced notification center for iOS 6? Nah. I had swipe to remove individual notification in 2.3. Toggles? Slider for brightness or volume? Customizable Homescreens? Resizeable icons? (i think iOS hides the wallpaper and its beauty with its icons). I could have that shiny bulky icons on my droid, in fact I did, chose not to continue.
28. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
just dl'd & installed as i was reading this article. seems like my chips fell on the "it worked fine" side of things.