Apple seeks ban on U.S. Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2012, 19:22 posted on
No sooner is the Samsung Galaxy S being pre-ordered in the States, than Apple is back in U.S. Court seeking to add the Samsung Galaxy S III to its request for a preliminary ban on the Samsung GALAXY Nexus; Apple says the Samsung Galaxy S III infringes on two of its patents including one for Siri...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
65. tiara6918 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Apple, be fair with the competition. Other manufacturers out there had their own ideas and innovation. You're just jealous because you can't create something like that anymore...
66. thnkthru3 (Posts: 70; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Apple got it's own GSIII...now they don't want anyone else to get theirs. How selfish can you get. No seriously this is BS.
67. networkdood (Posts: 4749; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I can see the ads now, from Samsung:
The Galaxy S 3, the phone that Apple does not want you to have....
171. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Thats awesome! They really need to make that into a commercial. The phone apple doesnt want you to have. I love it!
71. Cerberusa2a (Posts: 33; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Apple just wants to delay the launch so that when the iPhone 5 comes out it will have some chance to keep some of their apple fan base...just shows how far apple has fallen, from the tree. So to speak.
74. cncrim (Posts: 365; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Come on google, when will you on the offensive?
75. AndrewRamirez (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
WTF APPLE!!! Their only way of competing with other brands is by suing, which only shows the weaknesses of their darn "iDevices". As all of us can see, their technology can't keep up with others, so their irrelevant brain tells them to sue and ban those products. That's their only way of "being successful", so to speak. ):(
76. jaytai0106 (Posts: 497; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Every phone that is importing going to be banned by Apple from now (at least try). I am so sick of reading article like this. It is wasting everyone's time and money of course. At this point, innovation is going to be very similar from now either from Apple or Android. Look at cars, whoever put in the CD player didn't stop the next guy. Good feature is just going to be copied one way or the other. I really hope this madness will end soon and use the law suit money to invent something better, like 5000mA cell phone battery with the size of a current 1500mA ones. How's that??
78. BattleBrat (Posts: 853; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmmm, now when I use my iPod Touch, I feel all dirty, *Starts listening to music on RAZR* Ahhhh, all clean again.
This means WAR!!!!
83. MARKSPEAR77 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Good luck US, your always behind in EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND ASIA, supposedly your the leading country in the world.
157. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1334; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
First of all Samsung is not an American company so no reason we would get the SGSIII before other countries and it's just a phone who cares if we get it last and who the f**k says were the leading country anyway? Bitter much
89. Sniggly (Posts: 6219; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Dumbass move by Apple. The more of these bulls**t lawsuits are filed, the more tired of them the courts are going to be. It's clear to all but the most blind fanboys and girls that Apple's main and only motivation is to manipulate the court system in order to control the market.
97. cttan456 (Posts: 41; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Shame on you Apple!
Apple should spend all that legal fees on R&D and come out with a better product to beat the competition rather than this.
By doing this Apple is showing the world that they fear competition and that they are not confident that their line up of products can beat the competition on merits alone.
102. platinum27x (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
As I hold my iPhone in my hand I want to throw it across the room because the maker of this phone is Apple. I mean really; America the country founded on free enterprise and innovation. Apple is destroying innovation by taking these "infringements" of proprietary software over the top. Get a life Apple.
106. B3BLW29 (Posts: 232; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Dear Apple get a life, enough is enough. Seeking ban on GS-3 is ludicrous...
107. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
okay now Apple is just starting to look stupid.. c'mon iPeople, get your s**t together and just make a device that can compete. Innovate!!! I always heard that Steve Jobs COMPLETELY ran the show at Apple and I believe his absence is starting to show.
109. jove39 (Posts: 1132; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This is total bulls**t...I mean seriously...trying to stop s3 for having "unified search" and "links for structures" (iPhone users wont even know what it means)...well even I didn't knew...had to read :)
Apple is jealous of success sgs3 is enjoying.
110. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I wonder if Apple would still didn't file a lawsuit if the SIII didn't break the record for most pre-order sales?
111. pegasso (Posts: 129; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
the people at Apple realize they can't win against Android, so they let the lawyer out.
112. ananya22 (Posts: 92; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Apple doesn't want samsung and htc to sell their amazing devices as apple cannot compete with them and they can only sell a crappy phone with hardware bought from samsung that is half as capable android flagships and a tiny stupid colorless screen(in comparison to super amoled) and a useless os that is nothing more than a grid of apps and they want to keep selling their crap to poor customers who dont know anything and blindly buy whatever apple produces. Apple's s**tty iphone is a piece of s**t in comparison to anything sammy or htc produces.,i hate apple. I hate apple i hate apple
113. xcasasx (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Apple is just soo ! Uhhhh like dam idk i hate them steve jobs is a stingy f**king asshoole apple would probably want a law suit cause Samsung uses the same color
114. kach22 (Posts: 99; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Taco sitting outside the court waiting for a few drop of pennyto come his way. Well he got another bag too for GK.
115. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Here's the perfect example of Apple's... "if you can't beat them fair and square, then get them banned"
116. GeekMovement (Posts: 1136; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Samsung went through countless changes into their device to avoid getting into a lawsuit with apple again and I was proud of Samsung, but apple starts it again by trying to find anything (even if it doesn't make any sense) to stop the companies from becoming bigger than it. Gross. Apple is rotting.
120. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Let the games start!
iSheeps vs Android Fanboys
122. kanagadeepan (Posts: 520; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Shame on you cr@PPLE... Looks like you want ONLY your product to sell well in this world... You can't even accept healthy competition... Don't you CR@pple...
Sorry, cr@PPLE, NOT THIS WHOLE WORLD IS
____-( " )-
// \\ // \\
126. anthony60415 (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Now I hope that my classmates know that their beloved Apple is just a crybaby who doesn't have the guts to compete with Android
129. jroc74 (Posts: 3461; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Apple spends all this time suing Samsung and HTC...yet I see now lawsuits at developers for OS X themes for Windows....OS X features for Windows....
I wonder how come Apple doesnt go after app makers for iOS themes, features, launchers.
133. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I hate u apple more than anything else,and u r getting older day after day, bcoz u dnt care abt peoples what they really wants in next gen iphone,law suit law suit what the hell,whr is ur innovation now:@:@:@
135. sdevo555 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Apple.....everytime SOMEONE makes a better phone than yours you suck your dummy.....GROW UP..... im a HTC fan.....but credit where credit is due.....well done Samsung
150. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
true ! i don't like Android on HTC or Samsung, but from this moment i pull Android over iOS, **** Apple :)
137. rob5150 (Posts: 77; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
ive been using android voice search for two years. longer than siri. and ive been using vlingo app for a year . both are aee older than siri...... and better . vlingo is the software that is running the new samsung S-voice.
how can a company that produces a new phone every 14 months claim that htc and samsung copy them..... when those two other companies release dozens of different phones in thesame time period
138. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
This is because the s3 looks like too much the same as the iphone5 maybe...
139. FoneAddict (Posts: 127; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Apple have evolved from a relatively small innovative company to a large greedy behemoth mega company bent on killing any form of competition in the market place.
I have lost all respect for Apple. Now that Jobs has gone I think it's going to be a long but gradual decline for a once great company.
151. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Like all great Empires in World History, they all fall after an era of corruption. They will no doubt leave behind a legacy that will be in our textbooks in the future.
But I expected the golden age of this great company to last at least a bit longer :/
147. jcp006 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
If there is no merit to the suit, it seems a shame that Apple has to sully its reputation to compete and seems to be an admission that their product is inferior needing legal protection to compete in a free market. Release the i5 and let the consumer decide whose device is the best.
149. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
haha Apple come on , what are you doing ??? stupid company, now you would have less customers :) the company that presents the first offend :) you are all in one offend Apple
152. lzsbleach (Posts: 154; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I think its time we as Android fans step up. I think we should go to the head quarters of apple and protest. Im serious if we dont do nothing this will continue to happen. We protest and make a big buzz that will go on the news, in the news papers and in articals, so the whole world can see Apple for what they really are. And I bet apple will back off because this type publicity would hurt them and there sales. It would bring to much attention to these lawsuits. We should just boycotting there products. This will definitely hurt apple and give Android the promotion they need to take over.
159. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
No one cares except for a few losers on the Internet.
168. jroc74 (Posts: 3461; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Count yourself as one of the losers who praise everything Apple and thinks Android, Samsing copied them.
I know Google, Samsung isnt perfect....but they way some of yall carry on Apple must have invented the world....
153. iami67 (Posts: 300; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Apple is a horrible company. For garbage like this I dont care if if the new iphoine si the best phone every made I will never buy anything apple. They are like little children when they here the next store neighbors kid is getting the newest video game system and his mommy wont get him it so all he does is make fun of it to the neighbor and talk bad about it. Apple just takes it one step further with threatening lawsuits that the courts keep dropping and laughin at. And how come you never hear samsung suing htc or anything other companys its always apple picking on everyone else cause they know they cant compete.
158. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Hahaha laughing at all the fandroids in here.
Samsung stop copying please!
162. tedkord (Posts: 3418; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If Samsung were copying Apple they'd be putting out barely more than feature phones.
167. jroc74 (Posts: 3461; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
They copying Apple...and yet they have phones with bigger screen sizes....phones with Amoled screens....
iFans are some of the most blinded ppl I have ever met....they give normal iPhone, Apple, iPad users a bad name....
161. nodnarb (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I have an android phone and I am not some Apple fanboy. But I don't see how android fans have to constantly scrutinize Apple for every action they take. This is a free competitive market here, so IMO what Apple may be doing here is cheap, but smart as well. Companies like Samsung and Android are here to make the most money, and Apple is doing whatever it can to keep itself on top (who doesn't want to be #1). If everyone is so upset about this, why don't they go petition to Samsung to do the same thing to Apple? Needless to say, although Apple may not be responsible for creating many different features on their smartphones, they sure have revolutionized and popularized them. The success they have seen in implementing these features has forced all the competitors to also implement these features in order to be appealing to customers.
163. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 884; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This is why I dont like Apple!!!! Apple is one of the most successful "start from stratch" companies in the world and revolutionalized the way we look at smartphones!!!
you want to prevent samsung from selling a phone that has a similar qualities to yours like the physical home button?? In the words of ESPN Analyst Skip Bayless
"Thats as-i-nine, as-i-ten, as-i-eleven, as-i-twelve, as-i-thirty"
WHY do u feel that you should be the only company in the US to have a successful product. If samsung wants to copy what you're doing...............THEY WOULDVE DONE IT ALREADY!!! Let them have their phone come to the US and see if it will outsell yours. this is what Amerrica is all about..........capitalism and competition!!
164. ZayZay (Posts: 533; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I think my biggest issue besides the obvious is Apple is actually hurting people who work in the industry. Let's say a customer walks in and asks for the new Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have to tell them "Well Apple had to ban that phone" the customer isn't going to purchase because everything else is lacking what the customer truly wants. What happens to me? I get paid less. I look at it that way and it seems a lot of people who work in this industry are going to be effected because they don't want the Iphone or any other phone. Less sales to me = I can't continue to feed my family.
And this is why I can't handle Apple. They only care about themselves. Not saying all companies aren't greedy but this is a button to far.
165. virparam01 (Posts: 16; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Pathetic.At first i didnt liked apple much but now it is
forcing me to hate it.......i dont know the manufactures but
this way apple could be sued copying the handheld mobile copying the call making feature,display,camera,music player in mobile....etc etc...
And if apple is that much innovating why didnt they came with aall diff features in iphone dat didnt existed b4...
may be itelepathy to make calls:-P:-P
174. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Feeling a deep anger towards apple at this moment. The comments above about them getting lazy is spot on. If the courts continue to enable them, they will continue to act like idiots.
By the way, im pretty sure they are going to start bribing the judges if they havent already. They have all this money and are looking to spend it and i dont mean on r&d!
176. nagabiru003 (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Apple purchased a Samsung Galaxy S III? To examine it or to reverse engineer it?
177. Stickem (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
1) Droid has been coping apple since day one of the very first iphone. Slide to unlock Pinch zoom and other stuff, Watch the keynote on youtube
2) who cares about a removable battery? Why would you need to remove it unless you keep a spare cause your phone dies every 4 hours (DROID)
3) Removable storage? LMAO! Please let me find your stupid no battery life droid on the floor so I can take the SD card out and look at your naked girlfriend. I love when that happens. Cant do that with an apple
4) I've own the first Iphone and the HTC evo and I must say Droid Sucks! Freezing all the time, Battery dying for no damn reason. I really dont care about open/close cause Im not a nerd and I dont need to ROOT my phone to clock it out if I really wanted a custom phone, Ill jailbreak a iphone.
As soon as SIRI Launched look how many of you Droid Nerds copied it. Lets be honest here. Droid has been sucking apples stem from the very first Iphone... They should have stayed in their own lane, Thats why they keep getting sued