Apple seeks U.S. ban on Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1; tablet could be pulled from stores next month
0. phoneArena 19 May 2012, 04:52 posted on
After winning an appeal from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Apple is once again asking for an injunction on the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1; Samsung could be forced to redesign the tablet as it did in Germany as the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1N...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Bulls**t crazy Apple why don't you just ban all tablets and touchscreen phones not just Samsung.
39. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Or they could jus stop copying apples greatness and majesty
47. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
samsung phones and tablets are nothing like apple stuff? tell me sithman hows the 10.1 tab copying apples greatness? the tablet i saw was thinner and lighter and had more options and was faster? looks to me like apple is trying to keep up with samsung.
41. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If Apple is granted an injunction, expect Sammy to just ship the N series tablets to the U.S. They have been down this path in Germany already. It probably is time to just switch to the N series and clear inventory of non-N series product wherever Apple does not have sales injunctions in place.
No big deal.
62. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Steve Jobs and Apple Team Definitely require a Blow JOB!!
Always PATENT PATENT PATENT WTF CHEATERS.. THUGS & Looters
2. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
The know that the Tab 10.1 is much superior than the ipad, so might take some market share of ipad :P so they are scared and seeking a ban on 10.1
32. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Even though I extremely hate Apple and how they deal with patents, I have to disagree with that.
The only thing the Galaxy Tab is better than the iPad at is the software which is Android. Again, that's thanks to Google not Samsung.
In terms of Hardware the iPad beats the Galaxy Tab having a longer battery life(Even though it has a lot of issues), better screen and a better processor.
Yeah I know I will get dislikes for criticizing Samsung...so be it
35. tedkord (Posts: 11893; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've gotta agree. While Android has surpassed iOS on the smartphone, tablets haven't gotten there yet. The iPad is still the best in the market. And, I despise Apple's business tactics.
46. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
And oh I forgot to mention that The Galaxy Tab still runs on Honeycomb, not the promised ICS update...
3. medicci37 (Posts: 1282; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
PA should stop quoting Florian (Apples bottom b*tch) Mueller. That just confuses things further.
10. Fireball (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Androids are taking blows because apple is afraid of a little friendly competiton...Androids are the best...I would take an android any day over apple...apple is too restricted and corny...
17. pongkie (Posts: 582; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
don't take it as im an apple fan. im just trying to say that apple and MS is hitting android at the same time. I currently have a SGS2 so I also use android. the problem with you is that you jump on conclusions too quickly.
60. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't think he was implying it as sort of a 'comeback' to your comment. Though you never know with some of the people here, and it's hard to sense someone's tone over the internet. But yes, he is right. Apple has been suing Android manufacturers left and right because instead of releasing products that can actually match with the competition (not including sales) they just try to bring the manufacturer down by suing and banning their products to make themselves seem better. A select few of their lawsuits were actually legitimate, the rest are just ridiculous.
5. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
So Apple is trying to stop Samsung while Microsoft is trying to stop Motorola. :( not much room for growth in the Phone and tablet market thanks to these two .
8. Fireball (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 May 2012)
So what ...what company isn't...it is nice to have choices...apple is greedy and is monopolizing the market...I don't know if you noticed or not but greed gets you no where...watch the news!!!
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the news sensationalizes everything. If greed got you nowhere, then Steve Jobs wouldnt have died a super rich multi multi billionaire head of a company with more money in the bank than the entire US government. He did it by being an ass, stepping on people, stealing from other companies and then suing them into submission, and violating human rights the whole way.
Moral of the story.. in real life greed gets you everywhere if you know how to play the game.. and he sure as heck did.
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Reminds me a story about Steve Jobs daughter.
31. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh you mean the one he refused to admit was his for like decades until the last few years of his life?
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
36. tedkord (Posts: 11893; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That, to me, defines the man more than anything else. I disliked his ego and vindictiveness toward other companies, that's just business. His treatment of his daughter was truly awful, and was his greatest sin.
25. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
BOO HOO.. Apple is just scared of losing in the Smartphone and Tablet market. Why don't you go home and hug ur little iPhone 4S toy and cry like a boss. Hasta La Vista, Appleboy.
7. Cosmo (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont like Samsung nor Android but I dont think it would be called "Success" if you wont even let the competition join in the fight.. i mean, i love Apple and all but stopping the competition would mean no competition at all so there would be no room for innovation.. imagin if everything was just made by Apple.. sounds too boring.. i know Apple would still win no matter what Android gadget comes along so they dont have to do all that patent crap..
9. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
I'm sick with you, APPLE!!!
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Well Samsung, you're paying for your past mistakes. Hopefully from now on you've change. Galaxy 3 is an example.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Since samsung is already producing the 10.1n models, they should just switch them out for the american models and make it the value priced Tab 10.1 since the Tab2 and Note 10.1 are just bout here.
14. tiburonpineda (Posts: 40; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Apple is gonna go down, just wait I know is coming.