Apple says purple tint on Apple iPhone 5 pictures is the camera's normal behavior
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:39
In a manner suggesting the way that the late Steve Jobs told Apple iPhone 4 users that they were holding the phone the wrong way, allowing the left-handed death grip to cut signal strength on the phone, Apple told iPhone 5 users that the strange purple tint seen in the corners on some photos is normal...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:42 89
OOOOOOOOOOOO lord this going to blow up! hahahaha
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:54 75
Oh Apple, you never learn
You can say it a new feature as well, LOL
12. CX3NT3_713 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:58 68
Lol " your taking pictures , the wrong way" ,, and how is that normal??? LMAO
14. Jelly_Bean posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:04 49
WoW what a innovation. Way to go Apple :p
64. Pings posted on 01 Oct 2012, 22:26 29
Now that's the Apple we all know and love. You see it's your fault the phone is not working as it should. Apple admitting that they screwed up with maps was just a one time thing. Their normal policy of denying and blaming the problem on the user is back in full swing.
88. b.positive posted on 02 Oct 2012, 01:41 21
Apple should to patent this feature!
89. sudhar131998 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 01:55 1
dude the iphone 4S had the Hybrid IR filter as you can see above iPhone 5 did not have enough place for it to be fitted
And it is being used in many DSLR cameras and the camera unit on iPhones is from SONY
Therefore Apple cannot patent it
111. gregoryyy3 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 10:29 1
Haha I'm totally an iPhone fan but that was funny!
97. PhenomFaz posted on 02 Oct 2012, 06:31 16
This is really good!
Purple tint is normal, scratches out of the box is normal, wi-fi bug is normal, light leakage is normal, static lines are normal...the list just goen on and on to at least 12 defects out of the box I detected!
And of course the Apple sheep are normal :)
Then what are we...OMG its the end of the world!!
Here are some upcoming titles :)
1) Attack of the Killer Apple
2) The Sheepish Apocalypse
3) The Walking Sheep
4) Dawn of the Apple Sheep
66. smartphone posted on 01 Oct 2012, 22:31 20
This is just sad apple fans blindly trust their company and this is the reward. Apple thinks them as fools and blames every iPhone fault as theirs or normal phenomenon.
Purple fringes are a genuine defect in a camera, may be the sapphire crystal lens is scattering light with some abnormalities in some devices.
78. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 01 Oct 2012, 23:41 23
Yo dwag ...we heard you like instagram filters , so we added a free filter to your camera now
109. smartandcool3 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 09:15 2
Ha ha, lol!!!!
You just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!
79. androidrockzz posted on 01 Oct 2012, 23:50 11
is this the best phone ever for the people ?? or is there yet to come?
no wonder why apple dint make any screen bigger than 3.5 ( if i am right) they just don't have what it takes to make the best phone....
4. wendygarett posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:44 5
Oh Apple... Please give me the iPhone 5 already :D
20. SERGEANT (banned) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:12 21
I've seen it and played around with it, it's surely is a bit faster, but the looks is kinda off put, due to the feel and touch of the phone dosen't feel solid like the iP4s. It's to long and it should ev stayed at 3.5 inches.....!
23. wendygarett posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:19 2
Because it is lighter, that's why you can't feel its solid :)
And agree it should stay at 3.5 inches because it started uncomfortable to operate with one hand...
85. joey_sfb posted on 02 Oct 2012, 01:01 4
Just join the iPhone 5 queue for your priviliage to buy the iPhone 5. You can then thank Apple later for selling you one.
5. tbacba posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:46 15
Well perhaps Apple considers it "normal", but if the owner didn't experience the purple tint on his previous iPhone, then that explanation won't wash. The least they could do is explain WHY it's considered normal.
84. Stoli89 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 00:53 0
The most popular working theory is that it's caused by refraction from the sapphire glass. But this has not been commneted on by Apple to date. Nokia apparently uses Gorilla Glass, not sapphire glass, to protect the lens on the 920.
6. Non_Sequitur posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:46 20
This really sucks, lol
18. SERGEANT (banned) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:07 4
We all know, but what nothing can be done than them explaning to every1 this is normal, how weird!
43. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 01 Oct 2012, 21:13 0
yea but they know like we know......so what are they possibly going to explain?
7. prd2bsrb posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:51 20
I need one NOW. I want to see purple and i want to get lost ;)
9. jan25 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:53 13
"we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source" what in the world! Apple completely lost it
50. frydaexiii posted on 01 Oct 2012, 21:34 1
That's about as stupid as "Your iPhone is a phone, you can get a decent alarm clock at $20."
11. ilkinandr92 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:56 10
People bow down to APPLE THEY ARE GODS w/e they say is the law and you have to obey ROFL. I love apple for their stupidity and stupid people still follow them doesnt anyone have brains these days
16. mambocream posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:06 8
I didn't realize that Jimmy Hendrix was a prophet. "Purple Haze" was about the iPhone 5!
17. matrix_neo posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:07 8
"we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures. The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5′s camera.". What?? Still normal? Can software tweaks can solve the problem? I don't think so, maybe the new sapphire covered lens is the main cause of purple tint. They did a mediocre upgrades of their product but it brings a lot of major issues. Ifans still called it a luxurious premium product, are they still blind that apple now obviously misleading/fooling them? So sad...
19. jroc74 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:08 7
Of course its normal.....
I wonder how many other camera's dont have this feature... :)
And.......this is typical Apple...lol@ you're shooting it wrong....
21. prd2bsrb posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:14 5
What really is amazing to me is how people feel privileged to own a new iPhone model shortly after it comes out. Especially after waiting in line for hours or calling every single store in the city for days to check if they have iPhone 5 in stock, they look so proud once they actually get it...As if they acomplished something great. As if they are the first and the last person to ever own an iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 and I won't be upgrading to 5. Screw it I won't be brainwashed.
24. Ravail posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:23 11
This is what happens when apple actually tries to innovate things.
101. jroc74 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 07:05 1
So true...lately anyway. The other time they tried to innovate recently....the iPhone 4 antenna.....
28. samdsox posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:36 8
be calm my isheep...it is just a new feature /end sarcasm
30. bayusuputra posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:38 7
it's called purple fringing, due to lens, but can be eliminated with a proper software..
so apple, yeah it's normal, but it's normal to use software and other preventive measures such as coatings and special element glass to reduce that..
I got a feeling that if there is another problem, it will be deemed normal, or that's a feature..
44. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 01 Oct 2012, 21:14 1
Waiting for a minor software update. Do you think, would you think will they update all their faults? Personally they might not, we shall await and see!
58. bayusuputra posted on 01 Oct 2012, 21:55 3
even if there is a software update, they shouldn't have told the customers that these problems are normal..
why can't they just admit?
remember when the HTC One S has some build issue? They admitted it.. and the Wifi deathgrip of some of the older models..
why can't they (apple) for once admit their mistakes?
Map was so obvious they can't lie about it anymore..
we shall wait and see..
31. mmarceau posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:38 9
I wish my Galaxy S3 had the purple tint feature. Apple just Samsung'd me. Ha!
33. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:41 5
back buy a vacation buy PhoneArena..... So will they not fix this issue, or it remains as it is? The new iPhone has quiet few draw-backs!
35. redrooster13 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:46 4
Apple: "It's normal for our products to suck."
42. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 01 Oct 2012, 21:10 2
That was funny. You made me so laugh..... o boy.
38. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:57 3
I also read an article that a customer had the same issue and the rep responded to him saying that he was holding the camera wrong. Lol. I just love the way Apple addresses its issues.
54. MartyK posted on 01 Oct 2012, 21:44 3
Hey everyone Apple added a new feature, they added this :