Apple says people do care which platform they use
Leka received a memo from Apple Worldwide Developer Relations. The memo said that "the tone of your release and your product positioning is at odds with not just our primary marketing messaging, but the entire reason Apple exists." One can get the image of an angry Tim Cook stomping his foot with his arms crossed saying "But they do care...they do care...they do care". Actually, we don't really know how high up the Apple chain of command this went, so it is possible that the CEO did not have an inkling about the letter.
Yes, Apple is known for micro managing every little thing, but perhaps criticizing a press release for an app might be taking things a little too far.
source: Forbes via TUAW
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's to migrate Wp8, iOs, BB users to ANDROID™®©
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's to tell WP8, BB, Android users never switch to iOS™®©
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
poor 5 inchers thinking that size does matter...
24. metalpoet (unregistered)
the only people that say size doesnt matter are really saying that that they are ashamed of something. are you ashamed of your whittle itty bitty tiny miniscule....phone :)
i have big hands so i need a big phone.
3. rahulz (Posts: 115; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Well actually i also cares which platform I'm on where my files are stored. I think some peoples fo care.
i frequently changes platforms and i can feel the changes
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Apple will buy and patent this.....?
Bad news for Apple.
7. jroc74 (Posts: 3449; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ok....I feel the say way. Ppl do care....look at how long WebOS, Palm had passionate users before most finally gave up a few years ago. Look at the many that gave up on BB and Win Mo and went to Android and iOS...and arent looking back. Look at the current users of WP and BB now that are happy...they dont care about market share, popularity. They just want what they want.
But why get upset about this? If ppl at Apple really were upset......I dont know what to say....
Even tho I dont think Google or MS said the same thing....isnt that the idea behind Google Docs, Sky Drive, or Drop Box, etc?
8. cybervlad81 (Posts: 83; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)
When it comes to the big picture, most don't care. Most, just want stuff to work and just listen to their geeky friends, that hang out on tech sites, to tell them what to buy.
9. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 141; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I agree, I just want to hit play and it works.
There's no greater frustration than needing to find a new app or a new codec to get something to work.
10. Shatter (Posts: 1651; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Laziness will be the fall of the human race.
11. ikkuh (Posts: 33; Member since: 22 May 2011)
"Apple says people do care which platform they use"
Thats true. I never, ever would use Apple, i'll keep my freedom.
13. jlim33 (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 May 2013)
In my experience I really don't care because I have both phones running ios and android and windows. It's how you use it.
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sure they do that's why Apple's market share is falling :D
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I am sorry, what's the big deal? As if iOS and Android and Windows don't have skydrive, sugarsync, box, dropbox and a zillion other services from which you can access your files anywhere regardless of platform.
This is 2013, not 2003..
18. Meleagru (Posts: 81; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Apple acting like they can tell everyone what to do. Reminds me of communism.
19. JunkCreek (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
they do really care... not the platform... it is THE BRAND AND THE LOGO
heheheheh... i gotcha all!!!
20. PhoneCritic (Posts: 329; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Seeems Like Apple cares very much about their brand.
22. Scorpion (Posts: 46; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Well those that buy apps care, they have to pay all over again. Other than that? It's refreshing to try something new.
23. caryhartline (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 May 2013)
This kind of micromanagement is why iOS apps are known for being top-notch. You can't get developers to always develop good apps unless you do QA on everything they code and say.