Apple says court is being misled by Proview's claim of iPad trademark ownership
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2012, 20:12 posted on
Apple has filed a statement in Chinese courts accusing Proview of intentionally trying to mislead the court with its claim of ownership to the iPad trademark; Apple said it was tricked into signing a document that would later be used to cause confusion in Chinese courts...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
if they paid for the rights then they paid for the rights… if they didnt they didnt… someone must have kept a record i hope…
there needs to be more coordination between countries on things like this
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but mainly Im misled because I ve bought Samsung Tab 7.7 instead of iPad :)
2. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I sure have been reading Cupertino a lot these past few weeks....
3. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Humm looks like somebody is paying Patent Troll in their own coin..
4. breathlesstao (Posts: 78; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
Oh, look who's talkin' about misleading the court... COUGHphotoshoppedCOUGHimagesCOUGH 8)
5. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I'm considered an iFan, but really come on now, can't we go at least 24 hours without any Apple useless article?
Like really now.
8. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, man.. an apple a day keeps the doctor away.. but 10 apples a day keeps the diarrhoea with you..
9. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
In the case of APPLE itself just on bite could prove fatal!
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Someone should hire the Proview analysts, consultants, and strategists for this diabolical plan. What foresight they must have had to lay this trap for Apple back in 2009 over the word "ipad" and to spring it now considering Apple's position in valuation.
As far as "misleading" goes... what of Apple using a dummy corporation in the first place to try to obtain the trademark?