Apple says Samsung set a patent timebomb when the 3G standard was created to demand "excessive" royalties
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2011, 09:27 posted on
Samsung is suing to stop the sales and marketing of Apple's gizmos, including the iPhone 5, in the Netherlands, but Apple argues it has sneaked in some of its own IP in the 3G standard, so it can patent it later and sue...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. corporateJP (Posts: 2428; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Apple...just good wholesome fun for all.
I hope Samsung wins this round.
Apple has infringed on quite a few patents from Motorola, Nokia, and the like.
Did you know the original iPhone is a rip-off of the LG Prada?
13. corporateJP (Posts: 2428; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Your username says alot about you, friend.
By the way, go look at a picture of the Prada before you post, then go look at design, patent, and release dates.
Make sure you poor yourself a glass of that Kool-Aid on the way back as well.
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iPhone infringing on the prada is a joke. Check Pradas release date and when iPhone was announced.
17. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
So your claim is that after the iPhone was announced, LG put together the entire Prada from design to release to beat the iPhone to the market? With all the Apple secrecy and high security?
Think before you talk so you don't make yourself look silly
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Thumbing yourself up doesn't make your comment less dumb.
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it doesnt help you either, taco.
just because something is "announced" before something else is actually made, doesnt mean it was there first. It takes months and years to put together these phones, design them, have them approved and the like. If the prada came out months before the iphone, then it was probably developed a year or 2 in advance.
Your on a phone site where we see spy shots of phones nearly a year before they are released or even mentioned. you should know better.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yes because there was so much hype and expectation for the prada lol.
Aren't you the same person who says it's impossible for android to copy iPhone because the company was founded before iPhones release?
50. purple (unregistered)
Taco, all of your statements in response to others don't actually address what they were saying. When they're right, you steer the conversation into another direction and try to find something else that you can be right about. I'm guessing you're of middle-school age, because the way you're acting sure isn't demonstrating mature intelligence.
Fact - the Prada was released months before the iPhone was released, like remixfa stated. This means that the Prada was the first of the two with it's design, and possibly Apple could have taken from them since the LG Prada was first. Maybe they didn't, although it's hard to believe that they really thought up the iPhone's design and actually believe it hasn't been done before.
Accept it, and realize that you can't always be right all the time. And quit trying to insult people to make yourself seem big and bad because you're not fooling anyone.
53. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
The prada came out one or two months before the iPhone announcement. The iPhone had been in development for years. Do you really think Apple saw the prada and said omg we have to copy these guys winning design!
Come on man get serious.
151. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
can you find me a quote and a link where i ever said something like that?
quit making stuff up taco.
and quit thumbing yourself up.. its embarrassing.
28. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
I don't thumb myself up you ass, don't EVER question my integrity again.
32. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Don't be an a**hole, it is not an "or what" situation, unless you want to meet to discuss your behavior in a face to face debate. I don't like being accused of having no integrity by anyone especially someone who talks as much crap as you. And if you think I'm just an internet tough guy meet me and we will see who is an internet tough guy and who is the bitch
34. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You have no integrity and you're dumb as a rock. How do you propose we meet idiot?
35. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
I live in northern nj and work in manhattan, anytime any place. If you want to meet there is always a way to work out the logistics, but if you're afraid???????
Or will your parents not let you go on an overnight trip
36. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I live in California if you want to come here you're more than welcome. I have a gym where we can set it up.
You're a f**king joke by the way making threats over the Internet.
44. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Im going to be in Phoenix in November for 5 days the 10th thru the 14th If that's not far for you to travel, let's do it.
And by the way jr, your the f-ing joke and all these people who post on PA know it.
63. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
No prob, going to be staying at the Biltmore in Scottsdale is that a nice place, the travel agent booked me there
51. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I'm not going out of state to kick some losers ass. Come to Sacramento if you want an ass kicking. You're the one making threats. Follow through lol.
60. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Haha you're right you did make yourself look like a giant douchebag and showed everyone I really got to you.
And how exactly in your illogical fandroid mind did I back down? This despite the fact everyone knows you're an Internet tough guy and it was all empty threats.
62. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Thumbed yourself up again?! Haha you just don't learn.
87. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Crickets from darthball. You got owned here buddy. Next time it will be better to keep your mouth shut son.
195. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Ha! People talking crap through there computers is funny. We have all seen the videos of nerds fighting, it's called larping I believe.
39. mambocream (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
This might be fun. Maybe you guys could sell tickets. Or PPV?
54. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It would be big on PA for sure. Maybe PA can fly out some reporters for coverage lol.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Prada?? what is that really... if it wasnt for the iphone that prada wouldnt even be in any conversation... bottom line the LG Prada was just a phone that nobody had, nobody knew about it until the iphone..hmmm
91. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
it dont matter if the prada was not popular fact remains it came out before the iphone and maybe noy you but proves to all the idiots that believe iphone was the first touchscreen phone..also look at the lg prada and iphone 4 design..front and back is black and the sides are all silver.different material but similar right...and apple are suing for same shapes lol
118. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it does matter.. ok if.. example for people like you.... all the crazy thing you do as a teen.. doesnt matter until you become someone important... then it comes back to hunt you... the LG Prada is getting in the news thanks to the look alike to the iphone .. heck Lg is planning to bring the LG Prada 2... only because it got fame thanks to the iphone.. not the other way around...
139. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
wait how can phone that came out before the iphone be called the look a like...by logic and time itself the iphone is the look alike of the lg prada..you lot have some double standards..android comes out after iphone it is a copy but iphone comes out after lg prada but it is not a copy????
147. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow you whole arguments just focused on that?... the message was that LG has been smart and riding the Prada Brand back for a Prada 2 not thanks to the OG Prada ..is coming back because of all this lawsuits.. the Prada name is popular again.. and LG will ride the wave
153. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually it sold quite well.. like always, your an uniformed idiot. thanks for playing though.
117. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
It's a good joke too. LG Prada looks like the LG Dare. The closest thing to an imitation from any company resembling that phone would be from Sammy with the SGII.
45. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You are simply crazy. iPhone and LG Prada. Ah. you make me laugh
69. Burnab87 (unregistered)
If the iPhone doesnt take design cue's from the LG prada then there's no way in hell the Galaxy S line looks like the iPhone. Apple is only going after Samsung so hard because it has holds a real threat to apple and the iPhone and iOS because of the success it's having with the Galaxy S line.
111. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Well said man. Android fans backpedal so much that they wonder why no one ever takes them seriously lol.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Don't forgot Samsung supply APPLE with their processors
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow dude really..??/ it seems that you dont read much.. those arguments have been said 1000 times.... nothing new to the table huh... I understand....
114. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
LG Prada and the OG iPhone look nothing alike. LG Prada looks like the LG Dare. Nice try but no one believes that bulls**t you're spewing.
140. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
the iphone 4 and the lg prada do have similar style...front and back black with silver sides...or is that less of a design copy than having a rectangle as a tablet
120. downphoenix (Posts: 2816; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Would only be logical the courts concede to Samsung's request, they were more than happy to concede to Apple's based on lies and general BS. Samsung with cold hard facts should be a given. Funny in the irony that Apple's attempt to ban Samsung's products will ban their own, assuming the courts are fair and just and non apple fanboys of course.
130. JonGarrett (Posts: 29; Member since: 06 Aug 2011)
did you also know that the "iPhone" name was ripped off from Netgear who was making and selling their "iPhone" from about 1998 !!
I hope Samsung wins this lawsuit because apple is now crying foul because what they did to Samsung is now being done to them.
190. AppleFUD (unregistered)
I love apple's defense in this case.
1. We don't need a license since we get all our chips form intel. . .
2. Samsung wants too much for a license
3. Samsung hid the IP when getting the 3g standard
4. We have a license from Samsung in France via FRAND
5. You shouldn't block our devices as we are in current negotiations for a license. .
What is it apple, do you not need a license, do you have one, are you really trying to get one?
Talk about throwing #!@# at a wall to see what will stick.
Let's face it, apple thinks they shouldn't have to pay anyone else for their IP but apple will cry bloody murder is anyone makes a thin rectangular device with rounded corners.
2. Marius O. (unregistered)
I guess poor guys from Apple never heard of the verb "to backfire". Suits them well.
3. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
So Apple can make unreasonable demands, but no one else can play those games. Does Apple hold the patent on sneaky business practices?
Obviously the patents were awarded and Apple must oblige. Maybe if Apple wasn't fu*king with Samsung so hard the price wouldn't be 2.4%
20. ayephoner (Posts: 839; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
you fandroids are so dense.
every apple suit, you say "here we go again"
every suit against apple, you say "turn about is fair play" and start in on how apple threw the first stone.
you really think apple invented patent law suits? you really think these companies dont ALL sue each other ALL of the time? this has happened between all major companies since patents were first written. every time you make these posts, you just fuel the coverage.
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Thanks Ayer for bringing in some logic the conversation. Apple is not the only company suing out there and it's all part of business.
Of course you didn't say "Apple sucks!!!" so you can expect a lot of thumbs down.
38. superguy (Posts: 280; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
"Thumbing yourself up doesn't make your comment less dumb." - Taco
57. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
All my thumbs up are legit. I have a loyal following on PA. you're not even on my level.
82. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Looks like for taco his following and his hopes of ever having a woman are both in his imagination....LMFAO
89. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Didn't you just learn your lesson? You just made yourself look like an idiot and now here you are a few minutes later doing it again.
You're just going to pretend like it never happened right? Lmao.
119. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
hey Taco makes more sense than Ilia and his crazy Star Wars stories.. more sense then Peter and his Bada taking over the world....so yes he does make sense.. of course you Fandroids will never recognise.. but rather hear Peter and his nonsenses and Ilia and the world freedom...
127. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You pray for something bad to happen? You sound like the typical christian
170. i'm christian (unregistered)
heyy, don't bring religion into this argument.. have your debate but leave the religious alone and don't badmouth them, ppl out there are being martyred for their faith and that's honourable and respectable..
180. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
turn the other cheek and shut up
128. Heatfan316 (Posts: 512; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
@ bluedroid I think your statement is ridiculous I don't care if taco is in love with apple and I'm an android fan, but wishing death on him, that's wrong. You can't possibly mean that.
156. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
taco, you have a loyal following of red thumbs and people reminding you that you have no idea what your talking about and smacking you with ACTUAL logic, not the crap u call logic.. lol