Apple said to use thin-film touch panel in the rumored 7.85" iPad, making it thinner and cheaper
0. phoneArena 15 May 2012, 04:36 posted on
The sources even went so far as to name the suppliers of the innovative G/F2 touch panel, which will shave off thickness and make the panels cheaper. Nitto will be making the thin-film materials, while Nissha Printing and TPK will be laminating them in the screens for the iPad Mini. Wintek, which has been a traditional touch components supplier for Cupertino, apparently hasn't built thin-film capacity yet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Apple buy cheap components and sell higher price for bigger profit.
7. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Apple biggest client is Samsung.. just so you know...
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
samsung is apples biggest supplier. . Samsungs biggest client is apple .. chicken head.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
spin it any way you want.. the result is the same
14. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yep, Apple uses Samsung's cheaper hardware and marks up its devices to make huge profits while Samsung uses its top of the line hardware and sells it for the same price as Apple.
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1171; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah whatever win8 is the one for me
4. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
the funny thing is these things will sell it would all but destory the android tablet share the only one that can compete is nokia winodws 8 tablets so come on nokia let me get a lumia 900 style tablet.
5. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I don't understand a 7.85" tablet for apple. The normal ipad is 9.7", so there's only an inch saved diagonally in both directions. 7" or 6.85" would make more sense for a smaller tablet
6. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple doesnt know what cheap is
10. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Oh well, still going to buy the Nexus tab, then a Win8 transformer-like x86 tab for good measures
12. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So, this will break as easy as the iphone 4 and 4S?
13. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
We see® Apple making economical products.....!? We say®.....!?