Apple said to be buying The Fancy to get its general e-commerce business going
0. phoneArena 04 Aug 2012, 23:35 posted on
Apple is rumored to be ready to get its general commerce business out of the gate with a purchase of The Fancy; the company was recently valued at $100 million dollars during its latest funding round, and has backing from Facebook and Twitter alumni...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Yummy (Posts: 117; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Well yes that would be good for apple, but to be honest this isn't of much interest to me.
2. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I always felt that it was odd that people feel the need to post comments saying that the article content doesn't interest them. That's what the back button is for.
3. Yummy (Posts: 117; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Well, a major emotion in the brain is curiosity. I came here and found nothing of interest but it was still worth reading. So apple might get something new and I tamed my curiosity. Win-win bro.
4. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Agreed, however it still doesn't really address my comment.
6. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Ever consider the "interest" is being referred to the service that Fancy offers as opposed to his "interest" in the article?
10. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
If Apple bought it, then in all likelihood, it would only be offered on iProducts. But like the article says, the purchase is just speculation. Apple's not really at the stages of trying to kill Android at the moment anyways, they're just trying to wound one of it's biggest sellers
14. lyndon420 (Posts: 2134; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The Fancy takes a 10% cut. ITunes takes 30%+ right?
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
18. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I guess some people don't understand rumor
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And I think that other people understand more than you.
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I rarely use this app, and it keeps spamming my inbox everyday. I was about to uninstall it anyway.
But what's your problem about me uninstalling Fancy?
I'm free to do what I want with my phone unlike you. =]
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh noooo...i actually like this app and you know what Apple will do once they acquire it. T.T
21. MEeee (Posts: 298; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The logo looks like an upside down middle finger.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For me more like a ice cream or mushroom. :)