Apple said to be buying The Fancy to get its general e-commerce business going
valued the company at $100 million. Kanye West recently opened an account and sent a tweet picturing a visit he made to The Fancy's New York offices. Apple CEO Tim Cook also opened an account and has spoken with The Fancy's CEO Jim Einhorn. Often compared to Pinterest, The Fancy doesn't have as many users but the 20-person startup is further along when it comes to getting users to make a transaction. The company takes a 10% cut out of each purchase.
While an acquisition of The Fancy by Apple is pure speculation at the moment, Apple has successfully purchased startups and integrated them into its devices. One example of this is the purchase in 2011 that led to Apple's acquisition of the Siri Voice Activated Personal Assistant, a major feature on the Apple iPhone 4S.
1. Yummy (Posts: 117; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Well yes that would be good for apple, but to be honest this isn't of much interest to me.
2. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I always felt that it was odd that people feel the need to post comments saying that the article content doesn't interest them. That's what the back button is for.
3. Yummy (Posts: 117; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Well, a major emotion in the brain is curiosity. I came here and found nothing of interest but it was still worth reading. So apple might get something new and I tamed my curiosity. Win-win bro.
4. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Agreed, however it still doesn't really address my comment.
6. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Ever consider the "interest" is being referred to the service that Fancy offers as opposed to his "interest" in the article?
10. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
If Apple bought it, then in all likelihood, it would only be offered on iProducts. But like the article says, the purchase is just speculation. Apple's not really at the stages of trying to kill Android at the moment anyways, they're just trying to wound one of it's biggest sellers
14. lyndon420 (Posts: 2134; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The Fancy takes a 10% cut. ITunes takes 30%+ right?
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
18. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I guess some people don't understand rumor
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And I think that other people understand more than you.
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I rarely use this app, and it keeps spamming my inbox everyday. I was about to uninstall it anyway.
But what's your problem about me uninstalling Fancy?
I'm free to do what I want with my phone unlike you. =]
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh noooo...i actually like this app and you know what Apple will do once they acquire it. T.T
21. MEeee (Posts: 298; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The logo looks like an upside down middle finger.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For me more like a ice cream or mushroom. :)