Apple rumored to launch 'iPad mini' this year, less than $300
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2012, 07:39 posted on
We’ve been hearing about an iPad mini for quite some time now. Just like the little engine that could, this one will not quit. Another iPad mini buzz has broken out, this time from Chinese net portal, NetEase, who is reporting that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
36. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
yeah it is pretty funny that the person pokes fun at an apple tablet being an oversized phone... when android tablets have the same concept...lol
i ask myself why dont they think before they type... why do they feel that android products dont repeat themselves...
most importantly why are they starting a samsung vs iphone war when technically its android vs iOS lol
samsung is successful because it creates business for all OS's
its exhausting trying to blow the flames out on this site... i think i'm just gonna sit in this corner davecann2 and relax...lol
44. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Great points all,
Yeah, its getting tiresome listening to all the nonsense. Its always one of these same arguments...
1. Just a large iPod
2. Samsung XXXX or the HTC XXXX will blow iPhone away when it gets released. (But never does)
3. It’s not innovative enough for them. (Kind of a valid point but still lame)
4. Don’t buy because of Foxconn... bla bla bla
49. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Up untill the release of ICS android tablets ran an entirely different operating system than android phones. Even with ICS tablets still have a lot more features than normal phones and due to their ability to run flash can be used as a laptop where your phone is to small.
38. deadma44 (Posts: 18; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Exactly the reason I own a HP Touchpad with webOS. I sold my laptop because it just bored me with the same OS on it as my desktop.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If they lose the trademark fight with ProView, a 7 inch tablet from Apple may in fact be the iPod Touch XL....
Regardless, a 7 inch tablet was only a matter of time, once the form factor got traction in the market.
21. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
If they keep the same resolution (1024x768) but in 7 inches, we are looking at about 182 pixels per inch (if I am doing my math right).
I have no idea if that is "retina" quality or not, but it would put it higher than anything out there in its class.
Current 7 and 6 inch tables are sitting at around 160 (plus or minus) pixels per inch.
If the color reproduction can be on par with the "New" it would certainly be "attractive" in more ways than one.
It would make sense to keep the resolution at 1024 x 768; otherwise, folks are going to have to redo all of their apps.
22. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
didnt the kindle fire have a 7" 1280x800? i don't quite remember and its page is to boring to check .-.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Huh, I thought they were referring to the iphone 5.....
11. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
i would think that apple lauching a mini would combat android cheap tablets not windows 8 but i guess i see android lossing sales to this rather than windows but we will see
25. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I think a cheaper tablet would pretty much kill off android tablets. Only reason anyone buys them now is if they're a much cheaper price. There's only a small group of geeks that would actually choose android.
30. bvalde09 (Posts: 181; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Not really. I like IOS but I would go through an Android Tablet as gives more options than the Ipad. I dont think a mini Ipad will ever hit the shelves as it will be inferior to an ipad. Remember the mini iphone concept? never really happen nor I think this mini ipad will happen
29. skymitch89 (Posts: 1302; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
The iPod Touch is basically an "iPad Mini", it just doesn't really have the tablet functionality of an iPad. Apple can do away with the iPod Touch by giving it a larger screen (of about 4.5-7in), giving it tablet functionality, and calling it an "iPad Mini". Otherwise they can call it the "iPod XL" with a 4.5in screen. I might be interested in an iPod that has the A5X, a 4-4.5in Retina display, and iPad like functionality.
33. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
The nice thing with the Touch though is that it can fit in your pocket. It is going to be MUCH more portable than a 7 or 9.7 or larger tablet obviously.
My work associate gave her daughter a Touch. When she is at her friends, she hooks up their wireless and the mom can iMessage back and forth, for essentially free.
52. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
how about ipad micro? 5"-5.3" and competitor to Samsung Galaxy Note
50. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ipad mini? Wouldn't that be an.......ipod?
And the sheep bleat and drool and eat it up.
53. wendygarett (unregistered)
baby ipad :D
54. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Little is the new big? It's so big it hurts I just want a small one?