Apple revises the iPad, aims to prevent overheating issues
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jul 2012, 02:32
It is believed that the new iPad has been revised by Apple in order to help the device run cooler. That is what sources within the supply chain claim. The revised versions should be released in time for...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 02:39 14 0
They said nothing was wrong with it, now they're trying to fix it. Just like the whole iPhone 4 antennae debacle.
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 05 Jul 2012, 08:11 2 0
NO!!! NO!!! It is not Apple's fault, it is due to Global Warming!!!
2. clevername posted on 05 Jul 2012, 02:39 2 5
there IS NO overheating issue! i swear it! seriously i wouldnt lie to you!
3. IamYourFather6657 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 03:09 3 0
If a patient shows all of the symptom of dengue fever yet the patient claims its not dengue fever .
So as a doctor , do you think it's dengue fever ?
4. mas11 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 03:21 2 0
Shouldn't this thing shutdown when it gets too hot? Kinda a big mistake on Apple's part. And if it's going to take them that long to fix the issue why don't they just release the iPad 4?
7. frydaexiii posted on 05 Jul 2012, 06:45 0 0
lol, I was kinda expecting Apple to do that. "The revolutionary iPad 4! Now 100 times cooler than the New iPad due to a special cooling system! No nothing else has changed."
5. andro. posted on 05 Jul 2012, 03:49 4 1
A significant fault that doesn't exist now is being fixed,the world of apple is full of paradoxes!
6. roscuthiii posted on 05 Jul 2012, 05:25 1 1
There is no overheating issue. Your'e all just a bunch of jealous Apple haters!
Sent from my Apple iPa- Ow!!! Ow!!! Hot hot hot! Damn it!
8. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:23 0 0
Can you say "underclocking?" Saw this a mile away, only a 4 core gpu pushing that many pixels, what were they thinking? In comparison, the Asus Transformer Prime has a 12 core gpu, and doesn't suffer heat problems.
11. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 10:40 0 0
I never understood that... Why did Apple push the quad-core GPU so much, when there are GPUs in other devices with 8+ cores?
13. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2012, 13:38 0 0
It was a marketing ploy that tons of people bought into. Apple didn't say it was a quad core gpu, just made the claim the tablet was a quad core tablet. The reality is it's a dual core tablet with a quad core gpu. By calling it a quad core tablet, they appeared to be on par with the Transformer tablets. The reality was far different though.
14. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 20:09 0 0
I'm pretty sure they said quad core graphics multiple times in the new ipad release, and not just quad core
10. sorcio46 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 09:00 0 0
It's simple phisics man... if you put in a tablet an SGX 543-MP4 (4 units GPU) even with 32nm litography, you will have:
- High power draw (see iPad battery that is a record for a tablet)
- High temperatures
Apple done it wrong, but it was the only GPU that can work good even at its extreme resolution.
12. naveedpaen posted on 05 Jul 2012, 13:07 0 0
plz someone answer me.
>. is it sure that apple will fix this heating problem.
>. when wiil holiday season start