Apple revises the iPad, aims to prevent overheating issues
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2012, 02:32 posted on
It is believed that the new iPad has been revised by Apple in order to help the device run cooler. That is what sources within the supply chain claim. The revised versions should be released in time for...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3263; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They said nothing was wrong with it, now they're trying to fix it. Just like the whole iPhone 4 antennae debacle.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
NO!!! NO!!! It is not Apple's fault, it is due to Global Warming!!!
2. clevername (Posts: 1378; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
there IS NO overheating issue! i swear it! seriously i wouldnt lie to you!
3. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
If a patient shows all of the symptom of dengue fever yet the patient claims its not dengue fever .
So as a doctor , do you think it's dengue fever ?
4. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Shouldn't this thing shutdown when it gets too hot? Kinda a big mistake on Apple's part. And if it's going to take them that long to fix the issue why don't they just release the iPad 4?
7. frydaexiii (Posts: 1132; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, I was kinda expecting Apple to do that. "The revolutionary iPad 4! Now 100 times cooler than the New iPad due to a special cooling system! No nothing else has changed."
5. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A significant fault that doesn't exist now is being fixed,the world of apple is full of paradoxes!
6. roscuthiii (Posts: 1602; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
There is no overheating issue. Your'e all just a bunch of jealous Apple haters!
Sent from my Apple iPa- Ow!!! Ow!!! Hot hot hot! Damn it!
8. Aeires (unregistered)
Can you say "underclocking?" Saw this a mile away, only a 4 core gpu pushing that many pixels, what were they thinking? In comparison, the Asus Transformer Prime has a 12 core gpu, and doesn't suffer heat problems.
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3263; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I never understood that... Why did Apple push the quad-core GPU so much, when there are GPUs in other devices with 8+ cores?
13. Aeires (unregistered)
It was a marketing ploy that tons of people bought into. Apple didn't say it was a quad core gpu, just made the claim the tablet was a quad core tablet. The reality is it's a dual core tablet with a quad core gpu. By calling it a quad core tablet, they appeared to be on par with the Transformer tablets. The reality was far different though.
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3263; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm pretty sure they said quad core graphics multiple times in the new ipad release, and not just quad core
10. sorcio46 (Posts: 390; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
It's simple phisics man... if you put in a tablet an SGX 543-MP4 (4 units GPU) even with 32nm litography, you will have:
- High power draw (see iPad battery that is a record for a tablet)
- High temperatures
Apple done it wrong, but it was the only GPU that can work good even at its extreme resolution.
12. naveedpaen (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
plz someone answer me.
>. is it sure that apple will fix this heating problem.
>. when wiil holiday season start