Apple reveals the prices for unlocked versions of the Apple iPhone 5 in the U.S. and Canada
Actually, there is even an easier way to unlock your Apple iPhone. You can buy it unlocked directly from the manufacturer. Apple's U.S. and Canadian sites are pricing the unlocked variant of the Apple iPhone 5 at $649, $749 and $849 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models respectively, in the United States. In Canada the pricing for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models are $699 CAD, $799 CAD and $899 CAD respectively.
Pre-sales start in just a few hours for the Apple iPhone 5 in the U.S. and Canada, so brew up that pot of coffee and get comfortable behind the keyboard because pre-ordering the iconic smartphone has often been a long affair with servers crashing, nerves getting frayed and tempers flaring. Good luck! Let us know if you were able to reserve your new Apple iPhone 5 by dropping us a comment in the box below.
source: Apple via AppleInsider
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
No thanks, I'll buy the 920 with my money. If someone is giving it for free then I wouldn't mind having a nicely designed toy as well.
4. Phonesarecool (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
Ok just preordered mine. No problems. Can't wait to see it. Good bye Android. I'll miss you.
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
in my country the 16gb iPhone 5 will cost $900 !!
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
at that price range i would indeed buy a high end android phone or a f**king new laptop!
no way in hell would ibuy an iphone!
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh apple... When will you take my money XDXD
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So when are you getting your iPhone 5? Orders are being accepted now.
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
To be honest... I never bought every single of Apple product...
I just collect it from my neighbor relatives and friends once they tired of it...
I'm waiting someone here to give me tho :) really cannot afford it
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
LOL ok wendy........ok :)
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
o lord two faced wendy when will we see a "stable" side of you?
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh dear, I just sarcastic XDXD...
13. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
But I will keep my ANDROID galaxy note 1. No way to sell my android phone.
18. Muche (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
with that kind of money,, i can buy the LUMIA 920 and a midrange android to play with and tweak
20. fsnas (Posts: 101; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
i'll buy an iPhone once it gets these features:
- bluetooth file transfer
- wireless charging
- pureview camera equivalent
- puremotion HD+ screen equivalent
- SD card
- solid quality (no breakable glass)
otherwise, i will definitely go with nokia lumia 920!
23. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
are u trying to mix in android with nokia and buy if that mixture is from apple :\
21. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
if someone dont have any iphone then yes its good if he she buys if someone already have 4/4S then to buy this will be foolish move
24. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Almost 1000 dollars for the unlocked version of a 4 inch phone. Pretty much is a mini computer but not sure on the cost above that of a tablet.
26. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The iPhone never appeal to me, it is not that I don't like, it just it doesn't attract me. I don't find anything attractive and value for money for it.
The only things that's very appealing to me, Nokia Windows Phones and Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
27. JDMC..SmartphoneFan (Posts: 8; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
A lot of money to a regular features smartphone...
28. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I find it rather interesting that the Canadian dollar is currently worth more than the U.S. dollar, yet the Canadian versions cost more.
32. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
import tax and the cost of shipping, simple as that. here in aus we pay close to $800 for a 16gb iphone 4s. a samsung galaxy nexus is $496 and a samsung galaxy s2 is $538. current flagships (one x, s3, note) are still cheaper than the base iphone 4/4s/5
30. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Who pays that much for an Iphone that are missing several features that the Android now has, OMG Greedy Bas#$@*DS, I'm so tired of Apple. Thats like rent money, a car payment, a trip I could be taking. I'm sorry I would not be paying that much for no damn phone that's ridculous & who ever goes out & purchases it for that much are stupid themselves
33. Muzhhur (Posts: 258; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
its so expensive, Mexico doesnt have lte network, I think its just a waste of money for an unfashion device, I want the Lumia 920.
34. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
LOL thanks but my sensation and my Gnex still working.