Apple reshuffles its line up: Apple iPhone 5S, Apple iPhone 5C and Apple 4S
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2013, 13:49 posted on
With today's unveiling of two new Apple iPhone models, Apple has reshuffled its line up; prior to today, the Apple iPhone 5 was on the top of the list, followed by the Apple iPhone 4S and the Apple iPhone 4 was free on contract, used as an incentive by carriers. With the new models launching on September 20th, the new line up will feature the Apple iPhone 5S at the top, priced at $199 on contract for the 16GB variant...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Never buying iPhone ever again already regret buying iPhone 4S (battery last 3 hours). Apple= Greedy. always seeking money never put all features in iPhone and always fooling people with 1 quote \"twice as fast\". The game is over Apple. For a Fact Nexus 5 is going to take over the entire Smartphone market now.
11. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
I agree that Apple\'s greedy and it saves the best features for the latest models. But how the hell are you getting only 3 hours on your phone?
26. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Two 4in screen models?! Its revolutionary!
2. mishooo111 (Posts: 30; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
come on apple iphone 5 for 0.99 would have been a much better option for me
22. Birds (Posts: 1082; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I'm just horribly mad that the iPhone 5s has a 64 bit capable CPU but only 16 gigs of storage. I mean what kinda sh!t is that. And I wish they could have given it a 4.3 inch screen with a 960 x 1720 resolution bit that might be wishful thinking. I guess Apple likes telling its consumers what they need rather than truly listening to them.
27. Birds (Posts: 1082; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I was in school so I couldn't follow this all day.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"I guess Apple likes telling its consumers what they need rather than truly listening to them."
This is what I was referring to.
30. Birds (Posts: 1082; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Oh. Well, I always give OEM's the benifit of the doubt! LMAO sue me.
28. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The 64 bit is 100% gimmick and has no gains because its only using 2GB of ram. I twill be useful in 5 years when they finally make an iphone with more 4gb of ram.
31. Birds (Posts: 1082; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Oh. Well, thanks for that tidbit. Maybe it'll actually be useful on an iPad in the future but then again, it would undermine the macbook airs.
3. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Apple iPhone 5S & 5C is a HUGE FLOP!!!
Nokia Lumia 1520 is going to destroy the market!!
8. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
please be quiet about damn nokia nobody cares!!
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The iPhone 5C alone will dominate the 1520 in terms of sales so technically it isn't a flop. Take your fanboyism out of here.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Correction: ALL Lumia models in one quarter alone.
4. ottje (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
they couldn\'t even compare the new chip to the Iphone 5 but the first Iphone from 2007..seriously Apple? A7 50something times faster than the first Iphone...
18. nodnarb (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
they compared it to the A6 as well.. isn't that the processor in the iphone 5?
5. uchihakurtz (Posts: 294; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
If owned an iPhone 5, I would be so pissed right now.
12. andro. (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Slap one of those new iphone 5s cases on it the iphone 5 and tell everyone its a 5s,nobody would hardly realise!!
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow so you get to fool people regarding the iphone, so what is next after that?...
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If there was one day I knew you would comment on this site, it was today.
What are your thoughts on the iPhone 5S and 5C?
6. theSAINTjohn (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 May 2013)
I'll give it 2 months and this phone will be totally outdated. I'll still sell a shhh ton at my work because, well, lets face it.. stupid people practically grow on trees. I'll wait for the 6.
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 1814; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You can tell a person\'s stupidity based on their smartphone choice? That\'s awesome bro. What\'s next? Telling someone they are dumb because they bought a Toyota instead of a Kia?
15. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
They're your colleagues, if they're all stupid you're probably just as dumb.
7. uchihakurtz (Posts: 294; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
If owned an iPhone 5, I would be so pissed right now.
9. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
$128 GB model isn't a surprise, I expect that to be a special order item due to the pricing. What does surprise me is how little of information on the 5C was offered, and why would anyone buy that when the 4S is available?
10. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
I see no innovation here. Beside of that, prepare to plug your phone every 3 hours...
14. PK1983 (Posts: 214; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Why in the heck would you buy a 5C over a 5?
The thing is ugly! At least with a 5 it looks premium and can pass casually for a 5S since, well most people don't know the difference between the two anyway.
19. bubbadoes (Posts: 456; Member since: 03 May 2012)
What a flop for Apple today...With competition like the Moto X, HTC One, G2, GS4 and Note 3, I would have been embarrassed to be on stage presenting this phone in 2013. Other than gold in color, nothing is new for the iphone..oh the little finger scanner...I forgot.
21. jan25 (Posts: 435; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i want to ask a question that i think i know the answer for, what does that mean for the resale value of my iPhone 5? since i will DEFINITELY be switching to Android (most likely the upcoming Nexus), i need to know how much money will i be able to get out of it.
25. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Better sell ASAP while it's still high because I'm sure it'll go lower over the next few weeks.
But I'm really surprised that they are ditching the 5 and keeping the 4S. I think this is a move for Apple to get more people to buy the 5S/C, while keeping the 5 will have an effect on that goal.
But yeah, I would sell it soon if I were you.
32. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 205; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Apple can make the 5c cheaper than the 5 and also can make the 4s cheaper than the 5, so better profit margins.
I wonder if peoples perception of Apple products is going to change after the plastic iThingy.