Apple reports better than expected profit for Q2, raises dividend 15%
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 15:54 posted on
Apple reported its second quarter earnings and came in nearly 10% above expectations with earnings per share of $10.09 which is 10% above Wall Street expectations, at the same time, the company raised its dividend to $3.05 for a 15% increase; Apple sold 37.4 million units of the Apple iPhone in the quarter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ideal_josh (Posts: 33; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
who cares about analysts expectations. 2013 compared to 2012 is bad. Apple better wake up
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3297; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hurray! Tim Cook's chance of remaining as the CEO of Apple just shot up 15%.
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Do we really need too know bout apple stocks?
4. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Okey,they have alot of money,but where is the innovation?
5 rows of icons?
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 2058; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
1st quarter 2014 profits.
Apple = 12.5 billion
Microsoft = 6.06 billion
Google = 3.35 billion
Samsung = 7.7 billion
Apple is dying? LOL.... Love to read the comments from the fandroids.
16. Hollywould (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
I will admit, I HATE Iphones. Therefore, I have my Note 2. Sure, I may see some reds but think about their computers, ipods, laptops, iTunes. Dont tell me android users that iTunes isnt installed on your computer. Just wanted to clear this up.
-From, an Fandroid.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
iTunes isn't installed on any of mine computers.
22. tedkord (Posts: 8006; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not on any of mine. It was years ago for my daughters iPod. It totally gummed up my PC. I'll never install it again. Besides, I upgraded her to Android.
20. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
no he's pretending to be a analyst.
7. MikeG77 (Posts: 397; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
No Apple is not dying but for a company the size of Apple to have earnings for the last quarter drop by 15% form last year and a 43% drop in share value in 3 quarters is def not good. I think once they release the new iPhone they may make up some of the loss from this quarter but it may be tough even for Apple.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"1st quarter 2014 profits."
"LOL.... Love to read the comments from the fandroids."
LOL! I also love to read Apple fans comments especially those in which they talk about 2014 year Apple profits when we are still in 2013. :D
12. Ninetysix (Posts: 2058; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
No you missed mine. Apple has been dying for over 100 quarters. They are not going anywhere. They'll be alive and well and hated by fandroids in the next 25+ years.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...and hated by fandroids in the next 25+ years."
Since you say that Apple will be hated by "fandroids" in the next 25+ years, that's mean that Android also will be here for the next 25+ years? :)
10. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I have to agree.... 2013 is shaping up to be a really bad year for Apple... If all the rumors come together for the iPhone 6 Apple will surly make a come back... And don't call me shurley =P
24. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The profit was 9.5 billion, not 12.5 billion!
Also you're wrong about Google.. it's 3.9, not 3.35.
14. cocote177 (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Apple should actually buy my country or rent with cash my country for almost 3 years... Come to Dominican Republic and do some investments Tim
18. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
quote from tim cook:
"- Most important objective is to create innovative products."
This is why apple is failing and their stock is crashing. They've stopped being innovative and have turned to lawsuits and copying.
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Guess who needs to blame for that - Steve Jobs!
According to Apple cofounder, Steve Wozniak, "Steve didn't ever code. He wasn't an engineer and he didn't do any original design..."
Daniel Kottke, one of Apple's earliest employees and a college friend of Jobs', stated that "Between Woz and Jobs, Woz was the innovator, the inventor. Steve Jobs was the marketing person."
23. gallison1983 (Posts: 47; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Erm... not sure why there are so many conflicting reports on Apple's earnings call. I've seen all over the internet where Apple is either winning Q2 or still slipping. I guess it's all in how you color and slice the pie charts up.
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
145 billion in cash is the most money any company had.. ever.
So yeah, I wouldn't be worried if I were Apple's chief
26. Trex95 (Posts: 846; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Apple still doing well. ppl forget that Apple has the best notebook in the market today the Macbook pro.
27. martinlosha (unregistered)
Nobody wins forever.
Success comes and goes,
You can see that with tech ginads like Sony,Toshiba, Panasonic, Dell and HP.
Apple will eventually lose ground.
It's part of life.