Apple releases new ad: "More people connect face to face on the iPhone than on any other phone"
0. phoneArena 06 Aug 2013, 01:59 posted on
Apple has just released a new TV ad for the iPhone touting its FaceTime application and the smooth and easy face to face chats it allows…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
But at Nokia, they prefer to build for quality, not just quantity.
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
not really those blokes flooded the market with every type of phone and guess what the still do, just a bunch of hypocrites
21. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but no one wants Nokia, it's just some Windows with the backdoor from NSA
and exactly, quality of iOS is very very poor....iOS is just a BIOS for every Android user, see here:
37. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
So when Nokia once dominated the phone market, they weren't building for quantity??
2. Tcool (unregistered)
Who cares for Face Time when you have Skype?
7. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
From personal use. Face Time actually works way better than Skype. If the other person doesn't have an Apple device, then Skype is definitely my second choice though.
13. Tcool (unregistered)
Skype is better because you can use it in almost any brand and OS.
You can call your family and friends even you have different units and brands.
29. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Having used Skype and FaceTime ... the quality of FaceTime has ALWAYS been MUCH better. Same network, same location ... Skype will be blocky and the sound choppy. If I switch to FaceTime, video is perfect and sound is clear.
I travel a lot and hence I video chat a lot with my family. For me, it is about what works best such that I can see my family.
FaceTime has never let down.
14. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
it certainly doesn't work better if you still need a second choice. make skype your first option, then you won;t need anythin' else....
18. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Sure, then you get to connect face-to-face-to-face with your NSA analyst and your friend/loved one, since Microsoft was kind enough to build a back door for everyone's favorite intelligence agency. Who needs silly end-to-end encryption, anyway?
30. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
You did not read his post. If the other individual does not have an Apple product, then they use Skype. Apple to Apple though ... the quality of FaceTime is always better than Skype.
34. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
what about google hangout? the quality is pretty good on that too
15. Trex95 (Posts: 926; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
you can use it on PC or mac works better. BTW Skype works better on IOS specially Ipad than other Os's including WP8 the owner of Skype Lol.
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
dont reccomend a system with NSA back doors:
all the Windows with the backdoor from NSA
3. ZettaiRyouiki (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
Nah. Many smartphone users stare at their phones when on a date or an outing - with little socializing and communication. Face to Face my arse - it's only virtually via an app. And there is this thing called Skype.
4. iushnt (Posts: 1748; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
now apple cannot say anymore about the most sold smartphone or the most profitable. This is their new marketing trick now
19. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It is the most sold and most profitable, still. Been living in an RDF?
5. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1218; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I find it a little bit creepy that Apple somehow knows that statistic. I mean how else would they know that unless they know what you are doing on your phone which means they aren't exactly respecting your privacy.
6. skyline88 (Posts: 458; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
wow, they're getting more and more desperate now to beat Android and Windows
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, actually they're just marketing their product. Kinda like Pepsi, coke, Chevy, and every other company on earth does.
38. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No. Actually the refuse to shed their ego and want to live with the idea of being #1 so keep coming up with these stupid (irrelevant) numbers in my opinion and that's why i don't buy APPL stuff.
8. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
These commercials are so annoying. Apple has fallen so far behind (iOS 7 is just now catching up with ICS) that they don't talk about unique or innovative features to sell their phones. They just pretty much say, "Everyone else has one so why don't you?"
11. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Just lay down and die Apple, stop embarrasing yourself...
12. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Seriously is anyone going to bash apple for making an ad??? okay, so you're going to stop them? if you have an iphone with facetime problems then you really desrve to say something if that's not the case then get real. androiphone out.
17. fanboylemonkiller (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
dont you need wifi? so how can they talk next to the beach or in the new house and so on? busted!!!
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No, you don't. It works fine on cellular.
23. SIGPRO (Posts: 1474; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Hahah when Facetime was introduced Apple made it like they invented video calling!
Well i could make Video calls more 10 years ago with my Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones!
Apple you suck!
24. ph00ny (Posts: 1246; Member since: 26 May 2011)
pff i can do that with several people at once with google hangout