Apple releases new ad: "More people connect face to face on the iPhone than on any other phone"
The commercial basically shows all sorts of people making that hugely important connection with video, and contains little narrative. It fits well the Apple idea of ads highlighting all cool uses of a certain feature in a calm tonality without bashing other companies.
Of course, Apple takes great pride in what it does with the iPhone and it just has to underscore this in the closing line:
“More people connect face to face on the iPhone than on any other phone.”
1. McJobs (Posts: 106; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
But at Nokia, they prefer to build for quality, not just quantity.
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 1503; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
not really those blokes flooded the market with every type of phone and guess what the still do, just a bunch of hypocrites
21. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but no one wants Nokia, it's just some Windows with the backdoor from NSA
and exactly, quality of iOS is very very poor....iOS is just a BIOS for every Android user, see here:
37. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
So when Nokia once dominated the phone market, they weren't building for quantity??
7. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 196; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
From personal use. Face Time actually works way better than Skype. If the other person doesn't have an Apple device, then Skype is definitely my second choice though.
13. Tcool (Posts: 39; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Skype is better because you can use it in almost any brand and OS.
You can call your family and friends even you have different units and brands.
29. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Having used Skype and FaceTime ... the quality of FaceTime has ALWAYS been MUCH better. Same network, same location ... Skype will be blocky and the sound choppy. If I switch to FaceTime, video is perfect and sound is clear.
I travel a lot and hence I video chat a lot with my family. For me, it is about what works best such that I can see my family.
FaceTime has never let down.
14. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
it certainly doesn't work better if you still need a second choice. make skype your first option, then you won;t need anythin' else....
18. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1250; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Sure, then you get to connect face-to-face-to-face with your NSA analyst and your friend/loved one, since Microsoft was kind enough to build a back door for everyone's favorite intelligence agency. Who needs silly end-to-end encryption, anyway?
30. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
You did not read his post. If the other individual does not have an Apple product, then they use Skype. Apple to Apple though ... the quality of FaceTime is always better than Skype.
34. true1984 (Posts: 593; Member since: 23 May 2012)
what about google hangout? the quality is pretty good on that too
15. Trex95 (Posts: 569; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
you can use it on PC or mac works better. BTW Skype works better on IOS specially Ipad than other Os's including WP8 the owner of Skype Lol.
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
dont reccomend a system with NSA back doors:
all the Windows with the backdoor from NSA
3. ZettaiRyouiki (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
Nah. Many smartphone users stare at their phones when on a date or an outing - with little socializing and communication. Face to Face my arse - it's only virtually via an app. And there is this thing called Skype.
4. iushnt (Posts: 724; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
now apple cannot say anymore about the most sold smartphone or the most profitable. This is their new marketing trick now
19. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1250; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It is the most sold and most profitable, still. Been living in an RDF?
5. Dr.Phil (Posts: 919; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I find it a little bit creepy that Apple somehow knows that statistic. I mean how else would they know that unless they know what you are doing on your phone which means they aren't exactly respecting your privacy.
6. skyline88 (Posts: 340; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
wow, they're getting more and more desperate now to beat Android and Windows
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 12285; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, actually they're just marketing their product. Kinda like Pepsi, coke, Chevy, and every other company on earth does.
38. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No. Actually the refuse to shed their ego and want to live with the idea of being #1 so keep coming up with these stupid (irrelevant) numbers in my opinion and that's why i don't buy APPL stuff.
8. mas11 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
These commercials are so annoying. Apple has fallen so far behind (iOS 7 is just now catching up with ICS) that they don't talk about unique or innovative features to sell their phones. They just pretty much say, "Everyone else has one so why don't you?"
11. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Just lay down and die Apple, stop embarrasing yourself...
12. androiphone20 (Posts: 1503; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Seriously is anyone going to bash apple for making an ad??? okay, so you're going to stop them? if you have an iphone with facetime problems then you really desrve to say something if that's not the case then get real. androiphone out.
17. fanboylemonkiller (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
dont you need wifi? so how can they talk next to the beach or in the new house and so on? busted!!!
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1250; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No, you don't. It works fine on cellular.
23. SIGPRO (Posts: 495; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Hahah when Facetime was introduced Apple made it like they invented video calling!
Well i could make Video calls more 10 years ago with my Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones!
Apple you suck!
24. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
pff i can do that with several people at once with google hangout
27. Mass88 (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
People need to remember, Apple is hands down the best at marketing its products. They have a knack for making pretty compelling commercials showcasing the features of iOS, the iPhone, iPad, etc. It's too bad Google doesn't spend as much to showcase the features of Android and the Nexus phones. However I would suspect in doing so might trash other OEMs that license Android for their handsets.
28. bubbadoes (Posts: 345; Member since: 03 May 2012)
sad day, when the only thing Apple can come up with is how many pictures a day the iphone takes and how much face time they share.
31. Jklaz (Posts: 124; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I go face to face with more than one person on Google hangouts how they know I haven't been face to fave with more people then? Lol
32. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, notice something guys?
1st wave of ads : "Apps, we have all the best apps", then Samsung came along and out featured them.
2nd wave of ads : "Camera, Our iPhones take the best photos", then Nokia came along and kicked their butt.
3rd wave of ads : "Facetime, people use facetime on our devices alot", lets see who takes this round.
33. nothingmuch (Posts: 181; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Apple is just digging up the past and flaunting its pull with capitalism on this market with this ad!
36. NE_BE (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
seriously... skype is great. but facetime kicks it's butt in performance. Since everybody in the family is all Apple, we've ditched Skype all toghetter. Facetime is more reliable.
39. Tcool (Posts: 39; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
In order to use Facetime, one needs to have an Apple gadget, not all people can afford Apple gadget, but most people can afford other brands supporting Skype video call. Lucky you, your family is rich enough to avail an Apple brand for each member. But for less fortunate people Skype will do and there are more less fortunate people than rich people like you!