Apple releases iOS 6.1.2, fixes various bugs but not the passcode flaw
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2013, 14:07 posted on
In the midst of all of the hoopla surrounding the introduction of the HTC One, Apple has released iOS 6.1.2 which fixes a bug that messed with the Exchange calendar syncing and drained the battery; unfortunately, the update does not repair a flaw that allows strangers to break into an Apple iPhone even if the passcode lock is in use...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apple seems to not exactly have its act together. Serial software releases with one problem being fixed while others remain isn't exactly the best way to do software releases.
2. wumberpeb (Posts: 453; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Don't worry folks, we'll have this all squared away by iOS 6.1.8...there's nothing wrong with your device! As Steve used to say, "You're overheating it wrong..."
~ Tim Cook
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3585; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"The 12.8MP update (Build 10B146) fixes a bug th..."
Alan, shouldn't that be a 12.8'mb' update??
Oh, well...Apple did manage to put it up quick! Not bad Apple...not bad!
14. Alan01 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Now let's see..is it the P with the bump on top and the b with it on bottom?
Fingers working too fast! Thanks.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10056; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I like how quick Apple patches up any issue on iOS. Real progression.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 19152; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mxy apple needs to step it up this year bro. Great company, but they need to hit a homer dude. Phone wise the 5S won't carry them this year. They need multiple phones, and a bigger one also.
6. techtruth (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
apple didn't do anything for the passcode issue in this update.... dude i really think that you are not an apple fan.. you are just so dumb to be a real person... maybe phonearena hired you for being a troll to get more comments and traffic.. PLEASE GUYS DON'T REPLY TO MXYZPTLK,, JUST IGNORE THE PISSHEAD!!!!1
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
how is he a troll when he mostly post in Apple articles.. if you dont like Apple or his fanboys then you are in the wrong place buddy...
18. joey_sfb (Posts: 5184; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Mostly bad mouthing google while lavishly praising Apple.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Not 2, there's 4 users who are worship and are controll by Apple in here, how do pathetic and low can you go.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 19152; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No one worships or is controlled by apple, we including the android users simply buy what we like and stand up for it. So if we worship and are controlled by apple, then the droiders worship and are controlled by google. U droiders act like u can just sit there and disrespect iOS users all day long, and they just gotta take it. When gallitoking, mxy, and myself say something back all of a sudden the droiders get pissed and start the fanboy crap. What do u think, people are just supposed to sit there and let u diss them, and talk to them any way u please while saying nothing? Try that in person to someone's face, and see what it gets u. Where I come from you'd get your teeth smashed in.
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 19152; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then that makes the android users even more of a troll. They come on apple articles specifically to bad mouth iOS while lavishly praising google.
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There all in the right place, cause It's called TROLL.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Totally agree, he's just another Taco or the cmpunk or themiz.... He posts, then never replies and skives off, unlike Galli sometime he does argue, disputes...
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 19152; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Since u don't like what he has to say them maybe u shouldn't reply to him. U guys do the same thing to him from team android that he does to u guys from team iOS, yet it seems u can't take the heat, but u keep standing in mxys kitchen. He has the rite to post what he wants, just like u do. All u ever do is attack, bash, and insult iOS while disrespecting mxy at every turn...u just called him a pisshead for no other actual reason than him liking, and standing up for apple. I applaud him cuz no matter how u guys gang up on him, he refuses to back down and he always speaks his mind. Keep it up mxy it's your rite bro.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes, but their last patch (6.1.1) fixed 1 bug and brought 2 more. That's counter-productive, not progress. What's the good of having a quick patch, when it just tears more holes?
9. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Maybe they should contact Google for help with bug-fixing ;-)
26. lyndon420 (Posts: 3664; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Easy...can't have too many Google tech's walking the halls of fruit. Weren't they already trying to get help with their maps etc?
15. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Passcode byepass ... they FAILED to fix that ... Jony is busy decorating his 17 mil house i guess so no time for S/W issues ....
10. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I just installed it.... Looks and feel just like iOS 1.0
12. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
hahaha.... I'm only kidding
To be honest I was planing on purchasing an Android phone as my iPhone replacment but I think I am going to wait a little longer to see what iOS 7 brings to the table. I'm also excited to see a new design for the iPhone 6 =)
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 19152; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As am I. I do currently own an android device, but the iPhone 5 is still my main phone. I think apple needs to step it up a little bit this year. I'm waiting on iOS 7, I just hope they revamp it. By the way have you seen the Htc one?
33. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Yea, the HTC One looks awesome. Me personally... I really want to see what the SGS4 has in store. I do agree with you that Apple has been slacking off over the past few years. They really need to do something "Different" with iOS7.... In other words it needs a new UI.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Dont bother just wait for never, another Apples masia. ios6789 are all gonna be same.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Dave how dare you lol, speaking the truth.
34. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
hahaha... I guess sometimes the truth hurts... especially for iPhone loyalists like me =P
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 19152; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Whenever apple needs to respond they do. This time will be no different.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nothing new same old, same old, another joke.
25. Aeires (unregistered)
Coincidental or does it seem like since they fired the head of the iOS department and replaced him with Ive, bugs are more common now? How is a hardware designer going to address all these issues with the software?
32. neurobiologist (banned) (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Haha, iMorans always comparing apple with cars, that is so pathetic, Car, that cost as hell, has limitations, it's details are regularly falling off, engine need firmware updates, to decrease benzin consumption... Haha. How I hate apple, incompetent disaster.