Apple releases iOS 6.1; new features, kills bugs
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Jan 2013, 20:23
Apple has released iOS 6.1, the latest version of its mobile operating system and the first update for iOS 6 since September and brings a number of new features and some bug fixes as well; among the new features is LTE support for more carriers and the ability of voice-activated personal assistant Siri to purchase movie tickets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. wendygarett posted on 28 Jan 2013, 20:40 3 11
At least you should give a reasonable credit to apple tho :(
7. Nathan_ingx posted on 28 Jan 2013, 20:56 5 1
Take a joke as a joke...never meant any harm Wendy.
8. wendygarett posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:05 0 10
Ok, shouldn't take that serious tho lol :p
10. Nathan_ingx posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:08 6 0
Er...Yes, that's what i said.
50. hajyhajy posted on 30 Jan 2013, 09:37 1 3
all of you are wrong ..ios is the best best there is best there ever was
53. Nathan_ingx posted on 30 Jan 2013, 23:52 1 0
So there's more...i thought there was just one.
See comment #12. It's for you too...
63. iami67 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:52 0 1
based on what please tell
17. Nadr1212 posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:31 3 1
I don't think that I should care about this update
32. darkkjedii posted on 29 Jan 2013, 04:09 0 2
And yet u chose to find, open, read the article, or at least the heading...and post that hmmmmm.
23. idroidequis posted on 28 Jan 2013, 22:34 1 0
As nuch as I love apple... The next firmwear for android 6.0 should be Apple Pie.. Harhar. As someone who uses both devices i think it would be funny.
24. Alan01 posted on 28 Jan 2013, 23:19 0 1
Apple suggests that you have 1GB of storage for the update.
4. Mxyzptlk posted on 28 Jan 2013, 20:40 5 21
The most advanced mobile operating system continues to improve every day. Can't wait to see what 6.1 brings and then onwards to iOS 7.
6. blingblingthing posted on 28 Jan 2013, 20:48 12 3
"Can't wait to see what 6.1 brings and then onwards to 7." We just got android 4.1, you are ready for Android 6.1? Take it easy man.
9. tedkord posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:07 7 0
Yes it does. And if you think it's impressive now, just wait til key lime pie.
12. Nathan_ingx posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:13 14 3
"The most advanced mobile operating system continues to improve every day."
You do have a thick face typing and posting that...
If iOS is the world's most advanced operating system for you, you must be the most meaningless person i've ever seen here.
33. darkkjedii posted on 29 Jan 2013, 04:11 0 1
Wow Nathan, and u told me my post was irrelevant. Hmmm
42. Nathan_ingx posted on 29 Jan 2013, 08:46 2 0
And you find my comment irrelevant on the thread i'm replying to?
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:13 14 1
"The most advanced mobile operating system..."
Even without a multitasking... :D
15. Mobilephile posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:17 11 0
No, Apple has trained and conditioned their brains to think like that. They're in a happy ignorant bliss. Let them be.
34. darkkjedii posted on 29 Jan 2013, 04:12 0 3
It actually has full multitasking. I prefer it to androids to b honest.
37. Berzerk000 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:43 5 0
Are you sure iOS has full multi-tasking? I thought apps go into a suspended state after a few seconds of background time when you hit the home button to go out of the app. Certain apps can be given extensions of 10 minutes, but that's it. MacWorld did an article on that.
43. windy posted on 29 Jan 2013, 09:16 0 3
Who cares "non multitasking" when you get notifications from apps such as skype, whatsapp and mail?
Also you can switch between apps just like you get on an android.
You need to be clear that what you cannot do in terms of multitasking in android and not in ios.
44. PhoneArenaUser posted on 29 Jan 2013, 09:20 2 0
Look at my comment #41.
41. PhoneArenaUser posted on 29 Jan 2013, 08:43 2 0
Get some knowledge!
65. iami67 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:56 0 0
please explain how it has full mulit tasking especially since the website says it does not.
25. rusticguy posted on 28 Jan 2013, 23:38 4 1
Advanced? Looks like you cracked a joke :D
Here's the next one:
36. Berzerk000 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:36 2 0
Most advanced? Hardly. Most simple, yes. Most polished, maybe. Most advanced, no.
40. thelegend6657 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 07:01 2 1
Most fluid probably .
iOS isn't advanced at all , even my 70 year old Asian grandma knows how to use it properly . (This ain't a joke , I'm serious )
52. hajyhajy posted on 30 Jan 2013, 09:42 1 0
it is a joke ..f**k u
46. Reluctant_Human posted on 29 Jan 2013, 09:43 2 0
Further proof that you can polish a turd heheh
45. Reluctant_Human posted on 29 Jan 2013, 09:42 1 0
Did you read the article? It does practically nothing..
58. sportbiker posted on 06 Feb 2013, 08:22 2 0
"The most advanced mobile operating system"
the most advanced but can't customize, no widgets, fake multitasking.
64. iami67 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 12:54 1 0
Advanced how? Because it needs updates to correct itself on a monthly basis. 6.1 doesnt bring anything new if you read correctly all it does is fix old bugs while making new bugs
11. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:12 4 11
..... It actually takes about 4-5 minutes to download on wifi, not 30; plus it's 107 MB, not 1GB.
14. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:14 3 12
Oh come on! I get thumbed down for stating the facts?
16. BattleBrat posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:24 15 1
Because Apple is PURE EVIL And we flog evil things with red thumbs around these parts.
You're right, it only took 4 min for that to download on my 4s, Thank god I have a RAZR, if I only had the iPhone I'd hurt myself. MAN THIS Phone is BORING!
22. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2013, 22:30 1 9
Well, I had Android for 3 years, but went back to iOS and got the iPhone 5 after owning the GSII/III and Note 2. Yeah, not the most enjoyable OS, but works better for me....
35. darkkjedii posted on 29 Jan 2013, 04:15 2 3
BattleBrat has several iOS devices according to him. He likes apple more than he wants to admit. He's scared the true hardcore droiders will attack him with their vicious red thumbs of flame war if he lets on that he really prefers apple.
39. Berzerk000 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 06:16 4 0
Or maybe, he legitimately doesn't like the experience he's had with his iOS devices and thus bashes Apple for it. No one should care about red thumbs.
I've owned 3 iOS devices; an iPad 2, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4th gen. The only one I still use is my iPod, since I like to separate my music from my phone. The iPhone 4 was honestly just boring compared to my old Sensation, even the Radar (WP) I had was more enjoyable than the iPhone.
The iPad I found to be kind of useless, though I didn't really find tablets in general (regardless of OS) to be that much useful in the first place. But aside from that, the things I did actually use it for I found not as enjoyable as when I used a Xyboard 10.1 for the same tasks.
As for my iPod, I just use it because I'm kind of odd and like to keep my music separate from my phone, even though I do like the Holo theme of Android's music player better.
iOS is just boring, man. Why do you think Apple's market share is dropping all around the world, even just 4 months after the iPhone 5's release? It's kept the same basic look for 6 years, people are tired of it.
I personally do hope iOS 7 is the first aesthetic overhaul of iOS. I want Apple to do well, because that will compel Google and Microsoft to make their software even better, then the consumers are the winners. Let's just hope if that happens, Apple will actually compete back with them instead of suing for no legitimate reason.
60. nick5454 posted on 06 Feb 2013, 15:25 0 1
Their market share is dropping? You're confused with Blackberry.
Apple has a stable market share and iPhone 5 sold more copies than any other generation.
More serious apps for enterprise companies are moving to iPads...I.e, used on oil rigs, presentations. I've witnessed this on many contracts as we created software to monitor the systems via the ipad from the control deck.
The market share is one sided because most of the non-smart phones use an Android OS, so 40% of their market share is of no choice to the user and doesn't have any effect on phone sales in china.
Tables: using Air share, docs to go, jump etc you can link real documents to your work and home pc to actually use a tablet as it was intended ( a portable laptop ). And games for the kids. It just takes the vision
66. iami67 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 13:01 0 0
What in the world are you talking about nick5454 go to wallstreet check it out. Apple has been on a decline while android has been on a climb. This holiday android tablets outsold apple tablets more then 3to1 check you facts before you post. Ill gladly go to wallstreet page and post a link here if you to lazy too
59. nick5454 posted on 06 Feb 2013, 15:16 0 1
Your on drugs, right. Razr is the best phone for grandpa's like you to use. Get a real phone instead of last years news...oh and stop sleeping in your bob shelter and get off your anyone copr is evil crap...
If it took 4 mins, get a real connection or a router. Oh year you have the $8 bucks a month data plan
61. BattleBrat posted on 07 Feb 2013, 22:05 1 0
1. One year I buy a Phone, the next year I buy a tablet 2011 Phone (RAZR, 4S) 2012 tablet (Sony Xperia Tablet S, iPad 4, worthless giant ipod touch AFAIC) 2013 (Moto X and ?) Got it?
2. I gave Apple a fair shake, it let me down. Apple did innovate, until about 2010, then Android got BADASS. Android got stable, then Android got smooth. People are now starting to notice.
3. I'm 27 My Grandmother uses an iPad, my Dad uses an iPhone and an iPad. I bounce between the iPhone and the RAZR, but I usually stick with the RAZR the OLD people I know use iOS, my friends are about 70% Android packing (GS3's mostly) , because iOS got BORING.
4. I have unlimited data on Verizon, but I used the Wifi router at work with the iPhone plugged into the wall, If 4min is slow than blame Apple, We have Fiber here at work and it is FAST.
27. 9thWonderful posted on 29 Jan 2013, 00:15 2 2
There's no rhyme or reason to the thumbing down in this place bro...you'll find that android users show up to more Apple articles than their own just to share their empty sentiments.
28. 9thWonderful posted on 29 Jan 2013, 00:19 0 1
Oh yea...& if you're not saying you hate Apple at every turn then you are pretty much a citizen of the damned
57. sithvenger (banned) posted on 02 Feb 2013, 13:20 0 2
Well spoken words bro.
20. quakan posted on 28 Jan 2013, 22:15 1 1
The whole process took about 30 minutes for my phone.
18. pccapso posted on 28 Jan 2013, 21:50 2 0
And there is a large chance that the 6.1 jailbreak will be out this week also. if not i will be soon after. A jailbreak does make owning an ios device slightly more practical.
67. iami67 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 13:03 0 0
The jailbreak is alright out. And honestly jailbreaking your iphone just makes it work more like an android. Apple doesnt let you do all the features jailbreaking does because it makes the iphone unstable and use more battery which it can not handle.
29. dkreventon posted on 29 Jan 2013, 01:12 0 0
It requiers 1GB to extract and install, then delete any temporary files.
31. neurobiologist posted on 29 Jan 2013, 03:43 5 0
Apple is a mess. Products line and software. Most users do not use their products as they supposed to be used. A lot macs do have windows, iToys has jailbreaks. Thats ridiculous. All that wrapped by public margin, so users do realize they pay so much to get a mess and do gift the rest money to greedy apple. They have old computer games, and happy with being in past :\ Here in Europe, apple slowly becoming a joke and looser sing, if you wanna do mock somebody.
38. takay0 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:53 0 0
what about the poor battery life? is it last longer with this update
48. bransablan posted on 29 Jan 2013, 09:47 0 0
to me IOS is not the best operating system, atleast on ice cream sandwich all your apps can work together and are given functionality such as sharing to all apps on facebook twitter instagram and many others.... Rather than just put on home screen, or email, or message, or just facebook and twitter... Another thing too is widgets, without widgets youre missing something