Apple releases iOS 4.2.6 update to correct Verizon bug
The problem has to do with data consumption reports for users who are taking advantage of the newly added 3G mobile hotspot capabilities. The new iOS 4.2.6 update ensures that the data will be reported correctly, which is especially important given the data cap Verizon has in place.
Just as every other iOS update, all you have to do is plug your device into iTunes and hit update. It will take some time, but that is to be expected. Tell us what you think in the comments below.
source: Mobile Burn
1. skymitch89 posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:00 2 2
I personally would find it annoying having to use my computer to constantly update my phone.
6. hawk62 posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:40 1 1
Cause having the choice to plug it into your computer when you want is bad. Its much better to be forced to take the update over air ie verizon/droid.
14. applefanboy (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 09:19 1 1
Wow... What a response...
But I would hate to have to upload it over the air, that's so inconvenient. I mean, I have to hit a button and hit upload.
The speeds are so much slower, oh wait... You can use wifi to download the update, so it's faster. Hmm... Ok.. So what's the downside to the OTA update?
Not everybody wants iTunes installed on their computer? I know I sure don't.
How about the Blackberry, it allows for either OTA or USB from computer. How many people plug it into the PC to update anymore? None...
"forced to take the update over the air", haha.. You are a true Apple Fan Boy. You would buy a brick if it said iPhone on it.
16. mannyfs posted on 11 Feb 2011, 23:48 0 0
mmm it doesnt? unless you plug it in which most people dont plug it in more than once a week and its not even a pop up update notice so it doesnt really get annoying like the windows java pop ups! (damn you windows update pop ups!)
2. kevin416323 (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:08 1 0
my verizon iphone4's speker only the right hand side one have sound,the left hand side one is no sound at all is that normal or someting wrong!!!!!
13. dihce (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 08:16 0 1
you don't have 2 speakers at the bottom of your phone, that's why only one works.. the other side is the microphone...
3. lolbradley posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:30 4 1
Normally if something isn't working, that's not normal...
4. iWarsawPoland (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:42 1 1
@up - Easy Kevin. It's OK. There is a mic, not speaker.
5. Mark (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:54 1 1
One side is the mic and the other is the speaker. iPhone only has one speaker.
7. Vatsal (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:42 0 1
i have used iphone 3G, 3Gs & 4. All have same kind of only one speaker phone. The other side does look like speaker, but it doesn't actually.
12. msa1988 posted on 11 Feb 2011, 07:50 1 0
But its an iPhone! Who cares if it has a disfunctional speaker!
15. Windsponge posted on 11 Feb 2011, 16:53 0 0
I Phone is the smoothest and best use what you like . I have used all droid x , Fasinate, Droid. Increddiable( I cant spell) I am glad to have I phone now will not change for a long time. I am Happy. Hope you are as happy with yours as I am mine.
17. mannyfs posted on 11 Feb 2011, 23:50 0 0
everyone talks about the iphone 4 and nobody says DOES THIS PHONE STIL HAVE THE DEATH GRIP??!! (please only answer if you actually own a verizon iphone)
18. Ziggy (unregistered) posted on 12 Feb 2011, 10:11 0 0
I have not seen this issue with my device.... I do have a case though.