Apple recaptures top spot in the U.S. in September, dropping Samsung to number two
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2013, 13:12 posted on
Analytic firm Counterpoint Research has released a report that shows strong sales in the U.S. for the Apple iPhone; led by the launch of the Apple iPhone 5s and the Apple iPhone 5c, the iPhone had 39% of the U.S. smartphone market last month, up from 14% in August. That was enough for Apple to leapfrog its top rival as Korean based Samsung saw its U.S. share tumble from 37% to 29%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. datphoneguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Wow, what a shocker! It seems like Apple may have released a new handset or two in September........
57. joey_sfb (Posts: 1477; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Congratulation to Apple and their manufacturing partners such as Foxconn, LG, Sharp and Samsung... who could forget you for all the parts.
Maybe can congratulate all the off shore banks that Apple going to invest in as well..
A lot of people don't like to hear from me but know that i speak the truth.
69. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
And this is only in U.S.
70. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
A few non-Samsung suppliers include Broadcom Corp. BRCM +0.59% , which provided Bluetooth and Wi-Fi chips, Maxim Integrated Products Inc. MXIM -0.16% , which provided a power management chip, and Triquint Semiconductor Inc., TQNT +2.78% which provided some wireless chips.
Everyone has partners
79. quakan (Posts: 990; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
A lot of people here are thinking to themselves, " Who is joey_sfb?"
63. javac (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Dude verizon reported that they had no increase in iphone sales from before the iphone release... im just wondering if these numbers are purely what the carriers bought. cause i can say we sat on all of them for 2 weeks before we sold 1 of them and then about 1 month till we reached 6 sold. im going to say that these numbers are incorrect
65. javac (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Alan your graphs and what your saying dont even add up dude. i would say your credibility took a hit by making this post. at least in my eyes i can't trust what you say now. Verizon said they didn't see any growth at all in iphone sales but yet your posting very biased about this topic and twisting the facts. i work for Verizon so i can attest that the facts that your giving are extremely false. It might be carrier bought but those are not the real sale numbers for the iphone. You should post more unbiased because it hurts your credibility when you do this. -1
60. Tommy1960i (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
If Apple will release a bigger screen iPhone next year many of the best android handsets will die. iOS 8 will of course have something new.
62. Finalflash (Posts: 438; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is already too late for Apple to move into that space successfully. No note 3 user or the like will go to an Apple product with less functionality (at least not many) because the phablet really does need that extra bit of software flexibility to really be useful. Plus, we will see how well Apple does in designing their phablets without ruining their "fragmentation" advantage next year (always next year). The iPhone 5 launched to several apps putting black bars above and below to make it not stretch badly, now add two more to the sides.
As for Apple's current advantage, they have gone uncontested in the small, powerful phone market, but thanks to Sony, that will soon change drastically. Most likely we will see a flood of powerful small phones and that race will begin (smaller and powerful). The Z1f already has better specs than the iPhone in most regards, when the rest of the Android OEMs join in, it is likely that Apple will lose some market share because they have dominated that market the monopolist way, not the competitive way.
Good thing Apple hasn't learned from its past behavior and is still crippling their older phones with software updates that don't help. That was a good enough reason for me to choose Android, probably will be again for a lot of old Apple customers (those without short memories anyway).
67. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
"It is already too late for Apple to move into that space successfully. No note 3 user or the like will go to an Apple product with less functionality "
74. iGeek (Posts: 40; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Sorry to tell you that you are a blind fanboy. The iPad Mini wasn't the first 7 inch tablet and yet its now the most popular tablet. I think you just need to calm down and stop acting like a philopsher as if you know something.
And hey fragmentation definition is not about Apps support !!!
I'm serious, android fans stop giving fragmentation a definition that fits your mood ! Get over it !
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1476; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well it was expected....iOS7 is something new and people always want to try something new!!
3. NexusPhan (Posts: 294; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Nothing to do with iOS 7. Has all to do with the timing of different manufacturers phone releases.
31. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 39; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Lol the Galaxy Note 3 was just released. Try again NexusPhanboy.
58. tedkord (Posts: 3413; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The Note 3 is a niche product. It was like when the GS4 was released.
68. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
"The Note 3 is a niche product."
LOL. We remember, how 5" was aslo "niche product" not long ago.
4. alaw.14 (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Congradulations phonearena your favorite company is back on top!!!!.......Alot of people dont care!!
5. HASHTAG (Posts: 386; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
*A lot. And once Apple is #2 again, what is your response going to be? And apparently a lot of people would care if their sales top at #1.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You began a sentence with the word 'and' two times in a row...
On topic: Apple takes the month of September, and Samsung will step up and take the lead for the rest of the year.
33. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 39; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Wow he should have a perfect writing style in all his comments. How dare he use "and" twice? Why didn't he spend half an hour preparing his comment which is obviously one of the most incredibly important sentences he will say in his life? Honestly PapaSmurf... why do you feel the need to do that.
34. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 39; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
It's grammatically correct to use and twice and hashtag u dont need to be nasty either ... seriously guys just stop.
46. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Actually, it's grammatically incorrect and an abomination of the English language. Doesn't really matter because this country is quickly on its' way to hell in a hand basket. And, Apple allegedly being on top (probably another one of their marketing ploys), even for a brief stint, will do absolutely nothing to change our iLL-fated destiny. But, at least have solace in knowing that your English is deplorable.
72. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 39; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Actually it's gramatically correct and by that logic you made a mistake in starting your last two sentences with the conjunctions "and" and "but."
If you really want to start correcting people's grammar here are your corrections:
*its not it
73. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 39; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
*its not its'
You should never put a comma after starting a sentence with a conjunction so it's "And" not "And," and "But" not "But,".
Your second sentence is not a complete sentence.
Unlike Hashtag, you probably should take the time to think about what you write...
77. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Being a Grammar Nazi is my job around here, so try looking for something else to do.
76. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You forgot a comma in one of your sentences just wanted to let you know.
48. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Ok Mom. Anything else you want me to do?
49. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
What's so hard about forming a proper sentence? I said something because he had the time to correct someone when in reality his grammar was horrific. If you don't know me, now would be a good time to do that. ;)
75. iGeek (Posts: 40; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Seriously if you believe this why you keep coming to PA? Go to Androind Central or Android Athourity, this will make you feel better and make us feel better so we don't see these pathetic comments just to get thumbs up !
Its ironical how you mock apple when PA posts something against it and when the PA says the truth ... Ohhhh Apple Fans !
I just don't get you android fans
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why is this surprising? Apple always has September due their latest flagship.
50. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yeah let's call people hypocrites and not provide any details as to why you put labels on them. Yep.
Pot, have you met my friend kettle?
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good job apple, you released a great device in the 5S, and a very dependable and great as well 5C only strengthens the lineup. Bring on the iPads tomorrow baby, I am ready for you to take my wife's money.
10. kozza3 (Posts: 524; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
im not trying to be rude or anything but you sound like a tool
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm not trying to sound like I care, cuz I don't. Now when/if you respond...see post #11. Enjoy your day
17. Doakie (Posts: 594; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hey darkkjedii, not trying to troll here I swear. But didn't you used to be an Apple fan? What happened?
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Still an apple fan, android and wp8 too. The platforms I'm not that familiar with, I don't judge. iOS remains my go to OS. Copy and paste that last part, to make sure everyone's clear
15. greathero1 (Posts: 402; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Tool? In what way? We all use "take my money" when we see a device we would like to purchase. Please elaborate!
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
GH1, I couldn't care less. I can't wait to get my mini, my wife wanted a 5S and I got her one. I want a mini2, and she's got me covered. All smiles bro.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Haters going to hate. Just get the Mini 2 and be happy. :)
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smurf exactly dude. I love that jealousy at ones happiness though bro. They flock to my posts like a moth to a flame, proving that they are the ones that care. I stay so far away from their stupidity laces posts, yet they continue their obsession with the jedii. Hey papi, eclipse, kozza, and roldefol. Apple launches the new iPads tomorrow, and my beautiful sweetheart of a wife is getting me a mini2. Eclipse, apple is beast lol joke. Also see post #11
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Your welcome, since I see you're here only to troll and get attention, I'll make sure to prove your point every time. You suck dude, and need to get a life. You troll, just to get a response outta people? I'm gonna give you one every time LOL. Even the android guys on here want you banned, that speaks volume about you dude. SMDH.
30. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Couldn't care less yet you always respond, LOL JOKE
23. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I assume he meant the whole "my wife's money" thing.
28. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
He is a tool, always says the same stuff "Apple take my money" My wife blah blah blah" "Can't wait for next year Apple, you're a beast" etc...etc...
42. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1476; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
why cant you just be banned again.....your a waste of posts...
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man it'll be nice when PA tires of him, and gives him the Troll, Dorothy69, GoogleSafariFox treatment. What can I say though WH1, eclipse is my biggest fan/troll. I'm gonna email him my autograph.
51. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4210; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He'll have his time again don't worry. Half the users on this are like ex-convicts, they never learn their lesson.
64. javac (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Man these charts and what he was saying dont even line up right. besides Verizon actually said that they didn't see any growth in iphone sales. something doesn't add up. besides that that graph he shows is saying that the chinese handset is controlled by apple... there are some wierd things going on in this post.
9. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Motorola's Droid got my money this quarter. They lag far behind Samsung of course, but it's good to see them on the upswing after struggling for years.
12. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Me too, I don't care which one of those two companies are on top. iOS and Apple products still do not do what my "mid range" Motorola does, and they're still inferior to Androids. :)
13. Sniggly (Posts: 6204; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hmm, Motorola, who everyone thinks hasn't been selling worth a damn, has actually increased its sales relative to its competitors. Tales of its death are greatly exaggerated.
14. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
After using the phone for a few weeks, I'm glad I wasn't swayed by the spec wars. The G2 and S4 may have faster processors and higher density screens, but the X/Droid user experience won me over. It's clean and simple and the added features (active notifications especially) actually add something. The phone ends up being greater than the sum of its parts.