Apple ranked world's most innovative company
0. phoneArena 09 Nov 2012, 09:34 posted on
After last year it won the title of the world’s most innovative company, this year Apple not only won, but actually widened its lead…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. StreetNerd (Posts: 722; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
iPhone 5 innovating product? joke of the day :')
24. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I needed a good laugh today and this is the funniest thing I've ever heard in a while.
39. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The truth isn't funny. Apple is the most innovative company around. Why else does every other company try to copy them?
69. Aeires (unregistered)
Having a consumer base that will stand in line and buy any product that's made, regardless of the price markup and insignificance of the upgrade, what company wouldn't want that?
83. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Innovation and apple is a oxymoron... and only a moron thinks apple stands for innovation!
lol! with like 5 products and 4 of them just varying sizes of the same product, apple is a 1 trick pony and that pony is tired, broke down and just plain old
84. flamencoguy (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
You don't get it. Based on what? Patents like rounded rectangles?
91. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ahh man, seems the Apple fanboys just dont get it. Not calling you one, just saying....
2007, 2008, maybe. 2011, 2012? No. Just being honest and rationale about it.
What has Apple done in 2011 or 2012 that was soo much more innovative than any other company....in the world? This article isnt talking about all time....its about a specific year...I mentioned before....in 2012 I woulda named Google before Apple.
98. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You know what...I forgot about the iPhone 4. So 2007-2008 and 2010. I cant really say anything they did on the desktop side was innovative.
The iPad? Ok will give them that too.
The iPhone 4 and iPad....was 2010. I'm pretty sure other companies out innovated them in 2011, 2012. Basically what this article is saying is that the ppl polled dont think anyone else was as innovative or more innovative than Apple in 2011, 2012. That is flat out false...
51. StreetNerd (Posts: 722; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
explain to me how the iphoney 5 is an innovating product compared to the iphone 4S :) PLZ DO
53. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I really hope that you're actually a person with an awesome sense of humor and all you do around here is to pocking some fun, just for the sake of a few laughs... The greatest innovation of the new iphone was an extra row of icons! Really? You may find that it is not useful but the note II s pen functionality, or the pureview cameras, seems to me much more groundbreaking and interesting for the future of tech development than a brand new and fresh extra row for your fancy icons... You may not like it but this isn't even a matter of opinion, it's a fact!
147. Ivan6479 (Posts: 244; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Hey we can't forget about their ground breaking maps as well. Lol Anyhow that would be 2012 not 2011.
58. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Pretty soon they're going to say they invented pulling out and patent that too.. sadly the line between parody and truth is becoming a little skewed when it comes to Apple.
59. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I don't really know of any company (outside of GooPhone) trying to copy them. Samsung is going its own way, and quite successfully I might add, Microsoft is doing pretty compelling stuff, and Nokia's offering the most innovative production phone in the last 5 years with the Lumia 920, as well as the very innovative 808 PureView. Heck, even LG, ZTE, and Huawei are doing things apple isn't.l
72. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
iPhone 3 vs iPhone 3S - LOL
iPhone 3S vs iPhone 4 - LMAS
iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S - ROFL
iPhone 4S vs iPhone 5 - Oh look! The screen is bigger
88. Dr.Phil (Posts: 930; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Once again, when Google and Apple both release their version of Google's Project Glass, who are you going to say is copying who?
When Apple releases a native application like Photo Sphere, are you going to call Apple out on copying Google?
Is adding panorama mode to your phone years after the competition innovating? What about adding a drop-down notification bar after the competition? Is that innovating?
124. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
We all shall laugh at this for Billions of generations
127. joey_sfb (Posts: 3233; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I would like to know what weed are this lot of addict smoking?
128. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
last time i heard Apple copied samsung when they increased the size of iphone and reduce the size of ipad :D
46. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
LMFAO!!! What a joke!!! WHo did they poll, iPhone owners???
57. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
apple didn't spend anything in innovation close enough to MS , SAM , NOK .....yet they are no.1 innovaters !!!! what were ppl drunk when they did the poll ??.....& this is 2011 ..makes me laugh ...we will see in 2012...
74. saadasadkhatri (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Most probably they are voting using an iApp
110. Bernoulli (Posts: 1586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The funny thing is that Apple just got ruled against in a case regarding what supposedly was their own invention, face time! Lol yet this website doesn't post anything about it lolhttp://mblog.gsmarena.com/appl
81. cdnfreak (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
The trouble is that most of the people in management and executive positions chose to use the iPhone because that has been the growing trend for the past 6 years since the iPod grew into the iPhone. I suspect that trend to continue for the next 2 years till people realize that there are better options available.
Just like Microsoft has dominated in the PC sector for over a decade and now with tablets and mobile work spaces their dominance is starting to fade so will Apple and their monopoly over the mobile market space.
117. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I mean I really dont get who releases this kind of garbage to the press...REALLY? Apple...Most Innovative! I use Sammy by the way but how can a mobile company be termed most innovative?
What about advancements in genetic engineering, bionic augmentations, etc which revolutionize the lives of the less fortunate and handicapped in such a way that they become more capable than us naturally fit humans???!!!!!
I mean the above is just an example and there are a lot of things on earth which is innovative (mobile tech included) but I just dont see how a phone / mobile device can be termed most innovative...PERIOD! Maybe in the future when you can project 3d real-time holograms from your phone it can be justified but at this time a device that I use in my life for downloading apps and angry birds isnt definitely the most innovative and neither is the company making them!
121. Twisted247 (Posts: 260; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Exactly why I am not even thinking twice about this article. Look at companys like Honda who have robots who can run, jump, dance, carry a conversation, do tasks by command play catch. (and these are just very simple tasks for people but for a robot to be turned on and have no further human control is amazing) And that is just one small field, add in the hydro technology they are putting into cars etc. Then their is the medical field and once you put all of these things into perspective. Then you can see how useless this "Poll" really is.
25. Bernoulli (Posts: 1586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
yet again another well-written article by someone at iphonearena.com! :)
47. Bernoulli (Posts: 1586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Funny thing I got a warning email, even though I didn't use obscenity or anything harmful to anyone :P lol oh well
52. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That's applearena for you. I got a warning a couple of weeks ago when I crushed some sheepple arguments, the funny thing is I doubt they did anything about the sheepple and their alts., probably nominated them for admins lol.
This article made my day, nothing like a good joke in the morning.
86. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Chances are the warning was for trolling in an apple article. Most of the android fans pay more attention to apple articles than android
94. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Naw, I would say they both get even attention.
Just like Apple fans paying attention to Android articles. Please dont try to act like its a one way street...
Its so bad...I can post some positive things in an Apple article...and still get red thumbs just because they know I like Android. Fanboyism is a disease. For anybody company.
Lets also not forget that Apple fanboys had a head start. It used to be Apple vs MS...now its Apple vs Google...
114. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Must have been, logic and reason define trolling more accurately than blind insults and alt. account making. Or at least on applearena they do.
106. Bernoulli (Posts: 1586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Lol um I think I missed out on what sheepple is lol mind filling me up on info man???
115. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Should be obvious why sheep describe apple's fans perfectly.
116. Bernoulli (Posts: 1586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Lol no kidding, btw do you check gsmarena.com? It's funny how here Apple is praised while there, well, it isn't, lol this was in their blog todayhttp://mblog.gsmarena.com/appl
e-loses-patent-case-related-to-facetime-asked-to-pay-368-million/when here they say Apple is leader in innovation according to people lol!
109. Bernoulli (Posts: 1586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Funny part is that this website did not post that Apple lost their patent case in regards to face time,
41. quakan (Posts: 1223; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
This article is everywhere. Don't be ridiculous.
143. flamencoguy (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
well you should have provided a link or two as proof like others did! We like to see for ourselves quickly without having to search. Convenience sir.
A lot of iFans comments do not provide any supporting evidence. Just their own opinion.
36. Cerberusa2a (Posts: 33; Member since: 24 May 2012)
wouldn't this just be a popularity contest then...seems like a wonky way to conduct a survey. Actual innovation comes from other companies, where as apple uses their "developement" money to acquire those companies and says they came up with it...dumb
37. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
We patent, we sue
We laugh at you (Samsung, Nokia...)
We tear, you stare
Cause we are but true
That's not right but we know
There are endless sh€€ps that follow.
That's innovation from us to you.
50. FAW-Q (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
Oh no Victor H. You just pissed off all the nerds.
105. metalpoet (unregistered)
The company is not becoming more innovative and is certainly not the most innovative, unfortunatley some people are just becoming dumber due to drugs, inbreeding, and poor public education. I love my Note 2 and pity the poor saps that back up Apple so passionately.
108. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 204; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
@StreetNerd These are from 2011. The iPhone 5 barely came out this year. Durrr :P
112. Bernoulli (Posts: 1586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
118. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
HEY, hey, who said that Apple isn't innovative? They can make the apple logo GLOW!! Which company did that?
They invented the whole new field of patent trolling. Who can do that huh?
119. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
You sir, just made my day. having icons on a phone that date back to the 80s sure is inovative, and i could go on for days...
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
17. LionStone (Posts: 468; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Hehe, we know who the voters were...baaaaaa...so uh yea of course...only way Apple could win!
4. abish1234 (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
i didnt know that there is an R&D dept in suing....any way.. congrats apple :P
26. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
By R&D they mean into patent litigation lol not R&D into tech. :)
5. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That study was done in Cupertino and the respondents knew they would be fired for stating anything to the contrary. Gotta' give it to snApple, though, their P.R. team never sleeps.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
6. MeoCao (unregistered)
OMG, who is Booz? what is the methodology of the reasearch?
Apple most innovative? ROFL...