Apple raises the minimum price for an app in Europe from €0.79 to €0.89, adds new currencies
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2012, 07:20 posted on
In an effort to adapt the App Store to the constantly changing economic climate in Europe, Apple has decided to bump the price for the lowest-tier apps. Until now, users in the EU could buy apps that cost $1 in the U.S. for €0.79, but now those apps will have a price tag of €0.89...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3023; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wow!! Apple still not satisfied with their profit!!
And all those ifans will buy it like it's nothing...cause it's meant for Apple by Apple.
"For the Apple, with the Apple, by the Apple!"
6. Topcat488 (Posts: 1170; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
After living in Germany for almost 30yrs now, i can tell you Nathan, Apple has been taken advantage of these Europeans ever since they existed. For example, if an iMac cost $1499.00 in the USA, it cost 1499.00euros here. Even when 1 euro is worth $1.30, stupid ass Europeans. Typing this from a $1499.00 iMac that costed me $1948.70 on the German market. Ok call me iStupid too... :/
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3023; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
There's so much a simple windows PC can do what an iMac can...why are people so bent on the half eaten fruit logo???
10. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I think for the best Come to the US for a vacation and buy from US which is benefit two items at a times. Buy a Laptop free vacation.
2. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
why they increase the cost of apps .........they already got billion from samsung............
9. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Because they greeddy don't you know????? Why don't you ask Steve Job did he take money along with him when he die. NNNNNNNNNO human intend to be greeddy like many leaders.
4. kirholstov (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
why?((((((( originally it was just 0,59 and now 0,89 (((((
8. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
EU guy you got Rob and most of the app on Andriod it is free any way. Why buy from Apple which is apple make so much for doing nothing. App developer is get so little and Apple get all the buck just place you app there.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple is pissed off with loss in UK (against Samsung) so basically this is new TAX slammed on EU :)
12. breathlesstao (Posts: 77; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
"constantly changing economic climate" ... So, I have to believe that us Europeans are doing better than the might USSA, I mean, them f×××ers say we can easily spend ~$1.15 on apps that cost just one buck on the other side of the pond. That's good to know, paying the bills and all for a living, I sure as hell would've thought the situation's just getting worse.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Good ole apple - ripping people off for over 20 years...
14. ghost7787 (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Apple is like an ex-wife, they ninja f**k you over even after you get rid of them.
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 3116; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I move from symbian bought about 2 paid apps to iOS bought less than 20 apps to android bought more than 30 apps. I will stay with Android. Feel like coming home.
One thing I learned in life is don't use good money to chase after bad money. One day I might leave android but right now that where I feel at home.