Apple radio coming in 2013, causes Pandora stock scare now
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2012, 16:11 posted on
We originally hear the rumor that Apple was getting ready to launch its own streaming radio service back in the beginning of September. Now, the rumor is back and the new info claims that Apple will be getting ready to take on Pandora, Spotify, Songza and the rest as soon as Q1 of 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Huh? Ask them to excel in one field first...
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wow u really think apple doesn't excel in mobile. Answer this then...why does everyone try to make an iPhone killer, why does everyone compare their flagship to the iPhone, why do accessory makers cater to iPhone more than any others, why is apple #1 n market cap value, why do android users come on apple articles to hate, and bash all day long?
6. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I agree you because they are good in mobile market, I'm talking about excel you know star in their OS are they?
Everyone compare their flagship to iphone?
Yes we do to check where iphone is really down.
why do accessory makers cater to iPhone more than any others?
Because people like you are more, its because of marketing.
why is apple #1 n market cap value?
Lets see how long, because they pulled their gun very long and still surviving in the same, whereas other OS's using advanced techs. Its because of their over priced systems.
why do android users come on apple articles to hate, and bash all day long?
Trying to make you people to understand, world is not only in the hands of Apple, come out and see the world.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
First of all I shoulda said some android users, not all. I'm not sure what u meant by star in their OS. Where u said they pulled their gun very long and still surviving in the same whereas other os's using advanced techs. I assume but don't quote me that u meant that apple isn't advancing enough? If that's what u meant, then my response is as follows. Apple doesn't get into the spec race, they instead go for a more complete, and thorough user experience. Apple relies heavily on software/hardware fusion thru optimization. Google has followed in apples footsteps with project butter, which is why ics, and jellybean r so smooth. If u check the reviews of the iPhone 5 you'll see that it's at the top of the benchmark tests across the board. iOS is actually quite powerful. Is it as powerful as android? No, but its not designed to need to b either. Apples appeal and strength is simplicity, and great user experience. This ensure a reach to a vast amount of people. If u notice with each version android has gotten easier to u use also. As a result android has grown big time.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx serious +1 rite back at ya. Plgadio post wasn't bad it's just pointing the finger too much. I know there's more out there than apple. I just choose apple as my go to OS, but I don't hate android or windows for a second. iOS is simply my fav OS
17. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Hmm since Apple's iOS is your favourite list, Android is my favourite.
They can do more good (I mean more), if they are not fighting for each and every thing. There are lots of patent's which they are not worth for but they took ownership and fighting with other companies. That is the one hurting me a lot.
10. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Since the amount of brains cells apple users have is in the negatives, I'll try and dumb it down as much as possible.
No one tries to make an iphone killer, that's just a marketing strategy that apple uses to make its crap look more appealing by making it seem that its garbage can compete with true technology.
Android users compare their superior technology to the iphone because they want to show its users they can get more for less instead of the other way around. We're trying to help but you're too ignorant to pay attention.
Accessory makers can make the most money off it and they know it'll sell since the iphone is made from leftover scraps and can break if you happen to poke your screen too hard.
The company is strictly for-profit, greed is the only thing driving it now, shouldn't be surprising that it's the most "valuable" (money wise) company on the planet.
Last but not least: to mock you ignorant as hell apple lovers that, for a reason that's beyond our intellectual understanding, can't seem to realize that Android is the future in technology since it doesn't focus on adding useless features half of its users won't use and allow for several more customization and improvement options than apple will ever offer.
11. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
1. I think you have just described yourself
2. There is no such strategy from apple's side, it is widely known companies want their devices to hold the title "iphone killer"
3. If you purchasing an android device was such a great thing for you, you wouldn't feel the need to reassure yourself about that by proving it to other users... it's as if u don't even believe it yourself.
4. i5 did the drop test better than the s3, where is your logic?
6. Profit? So Google, samsung and others are charities? its called business.
7. You sound more like a religious fanatic than a phone user... a life is what you need.
13. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
1. In what way?
3. I'm not reassuring, just checking where people call iPhone is great, I just want to show that Android device is far better in specs.
4. S2 did better than iPhone 4, where is your logic?
I'm not comparing any mobile here, if I do surely you guys (Apple boys) will fail reason we have n number of devices out there.
5. Where is 5 in your comment?
6. Every one looking for profit, I'm telling a tomato costs $1 Samsung sells for $1.5, Google sells for $1.2 whereas Apple sells for $5. This is what I'm talking about.
7. Describe a phone user and a smartphone user.
Phone user: check my mobile what I'm using.
Smartphone user: He needs everything in his mobile. I mean everything..
16. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
1. the amount of brains cells apple users have is in the negatives (put your name where it says "apple users").
2. your problem
3. You did not get my point. I meant, if you're beloved android was so great, you wouldn't be trying to "enlighten" apple users how their devices are the wrong choice, you'd just shut up and be satisfied with android.
4. My logic is that nowadays, every smartphone needs a case, because they can all break, and thats not only true for iphones anymore.
5. to err is human
6. again, why do you care if you are satisfied with android?
7. ups, I meant "smartphone user" not "phone user". You sound like a religious fanatic because when talking about smartphones you sound like you're defending your religion lol.
20. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Hey @serious9010: seems you are so confused, actually two person were replying your comment, you take one from me and one from other person.
We are satisifed with what we have and so you guys are.
To be frank I really hate religion, but I love technology a lot. You don't know how much time I spent in reading and investing in tech's..
25. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
And actually, you're the confused one since I never replied to YOU. I was replying to the other guy and then you jump in as if anybody asked you anything.
27. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Haha yes I jumped because the questions you posted were little common. :P
21. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yeah, my bad... but you android fans share the same ignorance, so it doesnt really matter to whom I reply to... guess I replied to both ;)
15. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
1. Ignorance, no surprise.
2. More ignorance, again no surprise. apple has done a great job in conditioning its users to see it as an untouchable entity.
3. I don't know where "you wouldn't feel the need to reassure yourself about that by proving it to other users" came from so I'm going to take a guess and say you pulled that out of your as* since I said that we try and show you that Android gives you more for less as opposed to apple which does the opposite.
4. I could ask you the same question. Several users from both sides see those tests as pointless but since you want me to crush your so-called "logic", the SGS3 is one phone, I'd love to see them test it against one of HTC's or Motorola's premium devices.
5. Oh wait, turns out he can't count.
6. Ignorant again. For-profit means the company's sole goal is to get more and more money from its products. Google and phone manufacturers that support Android aren't like that, they want to improve the experience of its users at a high rate, not give them 1 new feature every year.
7. Ignorance yet again. Sorry but ad hominem doesn't help make your case.
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"they want to improve the experience of its users at a high rate, not give them 1 new feature every year."
not only was that statement dumb but add a few drops of denial.. but is ok your hatred towards Apple makes you the ignorant..
29. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It seems that that "darkkjedii" person is making alts or something. All they're (or maybe he's) doing is trying to insult me and thumb me down thinking it's a good way of refuting. At least that proves everything I stated was fact. Oh and by the way, that was a hyperbole. Look it up on Google...or ask siri what it means lol.
G'day sheepple. You're not worth my time in this article anymore.
31. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
or maybe ur the one making alts? yeah, you should probably go, since you haven't said anything worth reading.
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He came on to insult apples users, then got mad when no one gave him props for doing so. Negative brain cells, dumb down the conversation...really?!!
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good day to you too. All the bashing and insults aren't necessary dude. Sorry we're not worth your time, but I'm not looking to trade jabs with u. I'm looking to talk to other techies about the experiences of their chosen platform. Doing that doesn't take insult, negative brain cells, or dumbing down the conversation.
12. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
This. Market is controlled by money. For some reason people with apple products are willing to spend more money on.....stuff. whether that is because apple users have more money, less intelligence or more options of things to purchase is up for debate. No one can deny apple does,in fact, excel at certain strategies, but also is lacking on others. Ultimately though, apple cars about apple customers. Not so much taking customers from other ecosystems, but enhancing their current ecosystem. They also had a little head start onto mobile industry. That does not hurt either.
Fact is, apple is very good at pleasing its customers. And very good at pissing off others.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude that's not even needed, all the stuff about brain cells n the negative is childish at best. The insults show the count of your brain cells. Companies have been trying to kill the iPhone, just like coke tries to kill Pepsi...it business. Android is superior to android users, as people choose what's best for them...best is subjective. iPhone being made from left over scraps is simply a weak thing to say, apple build quality is not only premium but also legendary. All companies r for profit, u don't think google, Samsung, Pepsi, Chevy,Sara lee, Kellogg,and every other company operate for loss? Also apple adds feature that are practical like the do not disturb feature that Samsung, and lg has also added, but hey thank u for dumbing it down for me. My brain cells are all better jus bcuz of u :)
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Read my second post which is full of intel, and compare it to your post which was meant only to bash, and insult apples users. Your post was not the way to do it.
33. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I find your comments adorable, like if don't spend most of your time bad mouthing everything that isn't apple... I would applaud you if for once you would assume that the other companies also have nice things. Apple as nice products, I could even recommend them to most of my non tech expert friends and family but I don't because of people like you, that are arrogant and act like if they know better than everyone else, and I'm quite sure you're aware that most of the apple gang is like that, the thing is there isn't a best, the best is what suits you better than the rest, and because of the irrational behavior of some, I already prevented a lot of people from buying apple helping them to find the best alternative, and I'm quite sure that in the end they made a even better buy.
39. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
the iphone is just the flagship for apple. why would you not compare flagship v flagship?
and the term iphone killer is outdated. it was used when android still sucked, but that time is long gone
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 16919; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Android never sucked, it just needed to get its legs. It's got em now.
2. e.wvu (unregistered)
Apple is wanting to take over everything it seems.
4. hcbarclay (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
no google is and it will turn into SKYNET...but i love my android devices
8. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Yes actually Google wants them in all rational..
5. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
>Apple "invents" streaming radio
>Apple patents streaming radio
>Pandora is sued and shut down
>Millions of ifans praise the move and demonize Pandora for "copying" apple
>Everyone else dies a little inside
9. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
anything with an 'i' in it will be purchased in mad quantities by the iZOMBiES.
28. GeekMovement (Posts: 2021; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
So much for diversity. Apple is going to try to take over everything. And they will fall.
34. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I wonder if it's safe to assume that once iRadio comes out, they will remove all other Radio streaming from the App Store.
35. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Probably not since Apple didn't remove any Maps apps from the App Store
43. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Ya. This is true. But, Apple Maps is not very good atm. So, they would have just pissed off a good bit of their user base if they would limit them to just their mapping app. I think I remember reading some where that dose not allow apps that give the same function as a Apple stock app. I could be wrong, but I remember reading it.
41. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
So Apple is trying to copy and steal PANDROA radio stocks and features please com on
42. webOSlove (unregistered)
"The iTunes / iOS advantage can never be taken lightly either"
Yeah well neither can Pandora Media's be taken lightly.