Apple pulls "Sweatshop" game from the App Store
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2013, 17:21 posted on
We're not exactly sure why Apple would do something like this. It would seem that the last thing the company would want would be to have its name in headlines with the word "sweatshop". But, news has broken that Apple pulled a socially-aware game called "Sweatshop HD" from the App Store about a month ago...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Why aren't they banning Cooking Mama? It was one of the first physical labor games on iOS. Hell, that b*tch was making me cook stuff I didn't want to. I don't want to put no damn scallions in my omelette.
Why not FPS games? They're quite graphic and shows violence.
3. DarkShadow (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
it about time thier to pull this trash ,And why so long hummm
4. lyndon420 (Posts: 2715; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
It's wrong. I'll give Apple credit for that.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
But it did it's job: gain the attention of people and raise awareness of what really happens. Apple is scared because they pull the same practices.
6. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Hipocrisy explained, or trying to saving face?
7. techloverNYC (Posts: 504; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
This main goal of this game is to develop management level slave labor executives.
8. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Looks like what really goes down at Foxconn. Probably why Apple pulled it. Its so sad what happens at that place.
10. Aeires (unregistered)
Bigger question is why was it allowed to begin with? Their approval process is supposed to be near perfect, some say. Appears it's not.
11. ZeroCide (Posts: 714; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
This was pulled cuz it hits to close to home.