Apple preparing for September 12th event
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Sep 2012, 03:43
With workers preparing for the event, Wednesday is the day when Apple CEO Tim Cook will pull the next iteration of the Apple iPhone out of his pocket; everyone will be looking at the bigger screen, two-tone backcover and smaller dock connector...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. santaclaus posted on 09 Sep 2012, 03:51 41 17
apple's innovation sinks together with Job's death...
17. aokde posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:23 31 2
dude wtf! how is one man is so innovative (besides, apple is not innovative.)! moreover, that one man being steve jobs!!!! i'm not being rude or something, but people need to get their facts right.
36. Phullofphil posted on 09 Sep 2012, 07:05 7 9
How are they not innovative. I won't be getting this next iPhone by the way but apple is definetly innovative. Just because they put there products together with components made by other companies does not make them not. Every new product so far although not new concepts are revolutionary and have all changed the area that they are in very much like no other products. Is it because the next generation of these products are just improvements on the previous and not completely different. That's wrong. I am not an apple fan but they are revolutionary and they still seem to control were the markets that they have products in are headed. I love my iPad but because of my hatred of ios I will never be getting another I product. But innovative they are and like them or not they are still the company with the big target on there back and should be for at least a couple more years,
38. santaclaus posted on 09 Sep 2012, 07:33 13 2
I am not saying Apple is not innovative because they are using other companies' parts. they are less innovative than they were before. you look at the Iphone 4s, is there any revolutionary features? No! it is just similar as Iphone 4. there will be amazing products to be announced but I doubt there will be any "revolutionary" things to be announced on that day
39. PhoneArenaUser posted on 09 Sep 2012, 07:39 25 5
September 12th - just another day of brainwashing.
86. gallitoking posted on 09 Sep 2012, 13:47 3 8
@ santaclaus...it had Siri.. and because of Apple is now a similar feauture on every Android high end device
49. aokde posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:21 3 5
i didn't say they are not because they use other companies parts, there's no single company on earth that produce their own parts.
the only innovative product was the first iphone (and i can argue also that it's not revolutionary, other companies were also developing touch screen products...). every iphone released after that is not innovative. there were phones with buttons to silent it immediately, there were phones with front facing camera (if you know, the first time apple put the front facing camera, fans were like wooooowww they have a front facng camera), etc etc etc, i can't think of a single apple product that is innovative.
also, tablets are useless. they are big smartphones and just that. until this day, i can't find ONE reasonable reason to buy a tablet. so the ipad, just like any other android tablet is sh*t (i say android tablets, not windows tablets, because windows tablets could come with core i5 processors thus be productive...that's for the mean while untill oter tablets can be powerful enough...)
71. imsickwithphone (banned) posted on 09 Sep 2012, 09:41 14 0
The title should be 'Apple preparing for another dissapointment'
Very lol and troll XD
76. rf1975 posted on 09 Sep 2012, 10:26 0 2
"but people need to get their facts right" do not foget your self aswell dude.
81. -box- posted on 09 Sep 2012, 11:53 0 2
@aokde the same reason people hate on Stephen Elop for Nokia's sales figures, or the President of the U.S. for every little thing that goes wrong in their lives, or God (or whatever a non-atheist believes in) for them not being born famous and important trillionaires without a care in the world. He was the face of the company, and a seemingly crazed bipolar megalomaniac, but folks seem to think he alone came up with every single apple product, despite the evidence of hundreds if not thousands of apple designers and engineers (or paid plagarists and copy machines, however you wish to see it)
40. som posted on 09 Sep 2012, 07:46 11 4
Apple invented metal back cover with 2 tones excellence and Apple patented hundreds of ideas that never make to the market.
50. RapidCat posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:22 0 1
i think they reinvented unibody metal back cover and now without glass
56. captn3x posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:37 10 0
I don't think you should be able to patent something you don't build. You should have a working prototype to get a patent. If I have a great idea but don't know how to mechanically make it happen, then you (w/o seeing my idea) come up with the same idea and build one yet are not allowed to bring it to market.....my point is the patent police is broken and is stopping innovation...IMO.
82. -box- posted on 09 Sep 2012, 11:54 3 0
Um, HTC has had multi-tone metal-backed covers for years... Unibody design, too.
Your argument is invalid.
66. app_droid_soft posted on 09 Sep 2012, 09:07 5 0
all ideas that came from apple during steve jobs time were'nt his.....his greatest contribution was motivating people to turn ideas into reality
58. cepcamba posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:38 6 0
I doubt they'll come up with something in the level of Nokia's superdownsampling Pureview tech but yeah, let's wait and see.
80. Savage posted on 09 Sep 2012, 11:10 4 1
I don't expect Apple to show anything more than an extra row of icons.
83. -box- posted on 09 Sep 2012, 11:57 3 0
I'm not even expecting that anymore. Allegedly leaked photos of the boxes indicate same number of icon rows
3. u-suck-more posted on 09 Sep 2012, 03:52 24 2
the colours for some reason remind me of gay pride lol
15. serious9010 posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:11 16 2
iPride :D can't wait for the new iPhone though :))
31. Non_Sequitur posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:34 14 3
Isn't a gay pride event and an Apple event the same thing? :P
65. u-suck-more posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:53 6 0
Oh im not discriminating gays btw! i support them! hate me all u want, im still gon' support them!
5. hateftotti posted on 09 Sep 2012, 04:01 29 13
Actually it is the greatest event in iSheeps history not humans;)
88. gallitoking posted on 09 Sep 2012, 13:52 3 4
humans as haters will also be watching..wont you
26. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:00 4 1
I hate to say it but there is no denying that Apple's "never apologize" policy and "reality distortion field" technique work wonders for them.
one more row of icon and it is "The Greatest Event in Human History"
27. AppleConspiracy posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:04 4 2
There was Apple reality distortion field till 2011. Then begun "Apple hater reality distortion field".
37. joey_sfb posted on 09 Sep 2012, 07:30 2 1
The hate start will apple choose to ligatrate over innovate.
Apple Reality Distortion is fading as many of my apple friends agrees with me that they are no longer the same company.
41. AppleConspiracy posted on 09 Sep 2012, 07:50 4 1
They were the same company from the start - from 2nd Steve Jobs' Era in 1997.
What has changed is the conciousness of trends - it's trendy now to hate Apple, because this hate has been accumulating for 3 or 4 years now.
For instance, I was having a very bad time trying to convince my friends that Apple is evil company, however they only saw Microsoft as evil. Now, they are too convinced. But that still doesn't comfort me, because they still don't understand the true problem, they merely took over the growing trend.
Now, Apple haters are true sheeps. They don't actually know what is Apple, but they hate it nevertheless. Because now it's good thing to hate Apple.
It's a classical dichotomy between high culture and mass culture that follows it when it's already late.
54. joey_sfb posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:29 3 2
Steve Jobs reign ended with his death. The new apple under Tim Cook is inconsisent.
He spoke of peace and cooperation yet we see a lot of lawsuits popping out like mushrooms.
Steve Jobs was outspoken against Android but he still choose to compete with it in the marketplace.
Samsung Galaxy S outer shell has the resembles of the iphone 3GS and did he choose to sue Samsung in 2010, no. He came out with the iPhone 4 which is a better design than both 3GS and Galaxy S.
Innovate Apple! Innovate!
55. AppleConspiracy posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:31 4 3
Please, not "suing Samsung" argument again...
102. joey_sfb posted on 09 Sep 2012, 19:13 0 1
whats wrong with reciting the facts! For me and a lot apple fan that action is unwarrented and illogical. Apple devices will get ban eventually. Its now 6 apple devices vs the world.
Its not that hard to get all apple devices banned.
Keep up the good work, Tim Cook.
106. AppleConspiracy posted on 10 Sep 2012, 02:31 3 0
Nothing is wrong with reciting the facts, but those are wrongly interpreted facts. The only fact here is that Apple sued Samsung, but everything else is an interpretation based on mass trends without knowing even the most fundamental reasons for suing, not to mention that society and mass media completely misunderstood the whole problem and by making Samsung the good guy and Apple bad, made one of the greatest misinterpretations of 21st century culture.
So, to be even worse, everyone use this misinterpretation as an argument to legitimize any kind of expressing hate or at least deprecation towards Apple.
So please, make better arguments. Your own for start.
93. abhijeit posted on 09 Sep 2012, 14:04 1 0
God!! u talk so much sense!!! cool man!!!
6. lyndon420 posted on 09 Sep 2012, 04:13 9 4
Don't forget htc's LTE patents. Would be nice if karma kicked in and hampered the fruit company's sales in a big way.
11. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:01 5 4
Let me take one 1st before its get banned :)
12. u-suck-more posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:06 3 2
imagine if LG sued them over LTE too lol. they'd be toast hahaa
94. abhijeit posted on 09 Sep 2012, 14:05 1 0
But they wont sue, coz LG has better things to do!! apple has one full year of doing nothin but make a new disappointing phone during the year, so they have a lott of tymm...
104. u-suck-more posted on 10 Sep 2012, 01:25 0 0
8. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Sep 2012, 04:54 8 5
Yep I'm preparing it... Oh well... Iphone still awesome :D
13. u-suck-more posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:08 8 0
lets hope it doesnt turn out to be as big a disappoint like the SGS3 (rmb e initial reaction?)
19. zuckerboy posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:33 6 6
sgs 3 big disappointment ? LOL take look at 4s biggest fail of human history :D
45. u-suck-more posted on 09 Sep 2012, 08:08 5 0
can u read? i said INITIAL REACTION. bitches here need to read
20. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:34 3 4
Lol nobody leaks the spec recently... Just the design that change from Steve jobs style to Tim cook style... Two tones of colour which is pretty nice actually... So there will be like 'meh' situation rather than disappoinment...
32. Non_Sequitur posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:38 4 2
It'll be pretty much the same iPhone except with the stupid taller design and LTE. They'll probably boost the processor to a 1 GHz A5X and the RAM to 1 GB. Something that Androids have had for years now.
Apple is REALLY predictable.
33. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:43 5 11
Something that android have had for years now... Yet none of them can barely beat in term of satisfaction... Shame on you androids :p
72. matrix_neo posted on 09 Sep 2012, 09:42 1 2
For now miss Wendy... If they lost in market shares next is costumers satisfaction. Samsung is gaining now, maybe next year apple falls to 3rd place, I'm hoping lol
73. u-suck-more posted on 09 Sep 2012, 09:44 2 0
i hope samsung falls too. much rather have HTC, Moto, Sony, LG up on top. they are more deserving imo.. esp HTC.
89. gallitoking posted on 09 Sep 2012, 13:57 3 2
"Apple is REALLY predictable"
you sir are so wrong,,,, unless you know for sure what the iphone will look like,, which you know just as much as everyone else... so dont lie
95. Non_Sequitur posted on 09 Sep 2012, 14:32 0 0
No, actually, I'm not wrong.
Also, why did you just use four commas? Does your iPhone lag so much that you had to keep pressing the comma, then it put in four?
21. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:36 7 5
24. zuckerboy posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:42 5 0
25. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 09 Sep 2012, 05:51 4 4
Oh ok :)
+1 for you...
Feel better now??