Apple pegs price, release date and availability for the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 14:09 posted on
Hey ho, Apple just announced the lightest 10-incher and the most resolute mini tablet out there. The iPad Air is incredibly feathery for premium slate, and the 326ppi on the iPad mini with Retina Display speaks for itself. What, when, where, how much? Chill, it's Apple, so availability is shortly after the grand unveiling, right? Wrong...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 8962; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hello mini2. Retina, a7 64 bit, gig of RAM, I'm officially in love.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6054; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iPad 2 is still being sold for $399 lol. Typical Apple.
5. Commentator (Posts: 2103; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I hadn't noticed that.
Wow, that... I don't know what to say. I wouldn't pay $3.99 for the iPad 2, much less $399...
And with the Mini 2 costing the exact same... wow...
10. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
donno about ipad 2 , but mini 2 is too good for 399$ .
13. Finalflash (Posts: 932; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They just pulled another iPhone 5 move to once again force the idiots to pay more or get the F out, hopefully more choose the latter.
4. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
IPad mini 2 only has 1ppi more than the 2013 n7. 323 vs 324 not the 326 mentioned in the article.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6054; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Those are Apple's figures. PA just simply copied and pasted.
7. Chris.P (Posts: 174; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
We did run a quick calculation, actually.
I attribute the difference to the likely fact that the iPad mini's display is actually 7.85-inches or so.
12. PBXtech (Posts: 483; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Seems like Apple went all in with the features on their tablets this year. Sure beats the incremental updates that normally occur.
14. Finalflash (Posts: 932; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
The only thing that changed this year that didn't last year is the look. So I don't know how this is any less incremental. As for the mini, it just got brought almost up to par in terms of what was expected.
15. PBXtech (Posts: 483; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
A lot of people didn't expect to see a Retina display on the Mini, it was still on the fence for many on whether it would get it or not. 64 bit processor as well. And more surprising, a lot of software offered for free now. Add in the price drops on the Mac series and my take on this is Apple is making a big grab to get new customers, and once they make the purchase, lock them into the Apple ecosystem.
17. Edmund (Posts: 634; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
hmm... lumia 2520 : 32 gb, LTE, GPS with GLONASS, 6.4mp camera, quad core processor, MS Office, Nokia build quality, and finally, a $499 price tag (probably even cheaper on a subsidized plan).
Metrosexual yuppies in the US might be stupid, but I don't think the average consumer is.