Apple patents new method for unlocking iOS devices
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2013, 04:31 posted on
If the good old PIN codes or passwords don't feel good enough anymore, then probably a new method for unlocking an iOS device by Apple will soon allow you to use more creative ways to secure your handset or tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cezarepc (Posts: 564; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Looks like the verification used by Facebook in case you forget your password.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Naaah i was expecting something better from Apple where SIRI will unlock it because user will just have to SPEAK ... someone suggest this to Apple so that they make a drawing and head to US Patent Troll's Office (USPTO) :)
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Defending the patents you own isn't trolling. Unless you're abusing FRAND patents like a few articles mentioned with Motorola then I could agree.
21. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I never criticized Apple did I ? ...
I blame the U S Patent Troll's Office ... USPTO ... you know what, US takes India to WTO because India has a policy on Solar Panels that favors local brands so that goes against US made Solar Panels ... but US doesn't want to be taken to WTO on im posing 286% import duty on steel from India ...
So i blamed the US Patent Troll's Office not Apple .. :)
24. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
nyways patent is really nice...but they should try something simple as its thier core policy to make things simpler n better
9. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
After this, Facebook will sue Apple
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
So what? Facebook is also integrated on windows phone and android.... Integration =/= ownership I thought you where smarter than this
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Once FB comes out with their own phone Apple will go crying all over the place and remove FB integration also like they did with GOOG :D
26. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Ugly is integrated into YOUR FACE! HA!
4. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Doesnt sound like a cool idea, i prefer tge slide to unlock and enter my PIN, i wil pass thanx! Useless feature, we need ground breaking features, not this
8. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no, the gesture code is the best.....faster as slide to unlock stolen patent by Apple and 100000x more secure :)
dont forget, this method has only mature systems like Android:
goo [dot] gl/ja3gm
and the gesture is not necessary visible so no one could see the unlock gesture
6. Piotrek007 (Posts: 80; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Really ? This one sounds like a patent for Sagem or Alcatel... WEAK !!
7. JunkCreek (Posts: 402; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Facebook might get sued by apple... oh, not, Facebook didn't do it for login purpose, but the method... imho, it is not simple, frustated and complicated, prefer unlocking with finger print scanner by the home button. oh, wait, just that is my idea!
10. techaman (unregistered)
So basically it's Microsoft way of unlocking but apple will say they invented it windows 8 has option to use a pic that you circle key things on and that's what it will be next they will invent a way to unlock with your face or voice lol
11. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Sounds stupid and probably is.
12. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not impressed at all... I really don't see many people using this feature.
13. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Be surprised if they get this. PNC uses this method
14. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Full of iCrap !!! i would be very annoyed describing photos all day ....
17. ddeath (Posts: 161; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Patenting any ideas without a real working form is ridiculous. But the more stupid and ridiculous thing is, USPTO granting the patent.
18. lyndon420 (Posts: 1737; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Pretty lame even by apples standards. Wait a minute...
20. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1390; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
This method, along with a password is what my bank uses.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6463; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
seriously apple need too STOP BEING A PATENT TROLL now and days.
25. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Another day, another iPatent.
Cut the sh*t and build a real phone would you? Or don't, I am curious to see just how low their stock can dip LMAO!
28. saiki4116 (Posts: 351; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Windows 8 already had this kind of feature
29. reindeer_nation (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT lol. NObody's gonna use this.