Apple patented a camera remote control with notifications and photo editing
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2014, 06:25 posted on
Apple has filed a patent application for a camera remote control. The possible product looks unexpectedly basic for something designed in Cupertino, but it has powerful functionality. What we have at a glance is a little rectangle with a touch-screen display, playback buttons, power buttons, and four additional hardware keys that connects to the iPhone via Bluetooth...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 396; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
So they're getting a patent for something Oppo is already doing.
3. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I don't think it's the same thing at all. It's more advance and I think it'll probably be a function shows up on the iWatch (or whatever they call it).
9. JC557 (Posts: 1520; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Along with those in the action camera market, namely GoPro, Drift and Sony.
2. Finalflash (Posts: 3104; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Hmmmm, yes, this should definitely help the selfie crowd...maybe even cause the creation of selfie movie.
7. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
A series called selfie is actually coming to abc I kinda missed the date part though
4. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
So if your holding the remote.. Who's holding the phone?
This seems useless, idk.
5. Sauce (unregistered)
I don't think this would be for consumers, I think this remote would be for Apple themselves, with all those commercials they make using their products lately (5s).
6. linaresx (Posts: 101; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
I already use WirelessMobileUtility by Nikon to do this. If I have to carry 2 gadgets anyway, then I might as well use a real camera.
8. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Cameras have been remotely controlled for ages and ANYONE should be able to do this ANY industry including mobile phones. Why is Apple getting away with patenting everything? This needs to stop.