Apple patent looks to solve problems inherent to OLED displays
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6877; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
How can they solve OLED displays, when they can't fix their own iwatch problem that suppose too have a OLED screen. Apples patent is getting ridiculous.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Better yet: how can they solve OLED problems if they don't make OLED screens?
9. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
well they solved the 'bad reception' problem by just increasing the sensitivity of the 'signal bar' display... the average level is *still* 2, it now looks like 4 - so apple customers are happy.. :-~
16. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 335; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Don't confuse production with engineering. They don't mass produce OLED screens, but the math, chemical engineering and lab-scale prototyping required to prove out their design and theories is certainly within their ability.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
By understanding the technology, what weaknesses are in it, and having a way to remove said weaknesses...that's how.
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 3703; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Therefore i can patent faster than light space travel base on the theory i so painful thought off... in this diagram you can see...
Just need to theorize than patent,
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple has the technology to do so, you don't.
35. joey_sfb (Posts: 3703; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You are right! Let look at the stake holders.
Goverment; Multi-millons dollars corporation; small time business and start up,
See the big picture! Please use your thinking ability from time to time.
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As I said "apple has the technology to do so, you don't". Hit me up, when you patent "faster than life safe travel" fool...
43. joey_sfb (Posts: 3703; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I am only a fool for believing that Apple fans could be reasonable to simple truth that allowing big companies to pay government millons for dubious patent will do more harm than good in the long run.
Anyway enjoy hating the 80% of the world that are now enjoying the most advance mobile experience in android.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6877; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I understand that Apple likes too patent THEN SUE others. Then they say we invented OLED SCREENS.
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6877; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
everyone knows it and agree whit it. APPLE doesn't WANT TOO COMPETE cause they are afraid too loose their CONSUMERS and any money. THEY PATENT and SUE companies. so WHY DON'T U STFU.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Whit should be "with". Too should be "to". Too loose should be "to lose". So should be capitalized, since it followed a period. FYI of course...
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
FYI, never start a sentence with "so" though.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9366; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Your comments are so repetitive. "Apple gets _____ patent and will sue others!"
I'm sure there's more words in your vocabulary other than Apple, patent, and sue.
15. Tazer2365 (Posts: 46; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
How can you make a comment, if you can't use proper grammar? LOL
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LOL should've been followed by an exclamation point, since it came after a period and you used all capital letters.
2. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Better question is: with Samsung owning some 99% of the world's OLED production, why would Apple go that route? They seem to be doing well enough for themselves with LG displays.
31. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So when Samsung ACTUALLY creates it, because face it, Apple hasn't innovated since 07, Apple will whip out the ban hammer claiming they did first in a drawn out, waste of time, expensive trial.
27. a_merryman (Posts: 744; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I thought they were supposed to be in the 5s? At least thats what i heard for the rumors. I wish they would go in more phones...
5. Zeus.k (unregistered)
It's more than likely that this patent would exclusively be used against Samsung in court because Samsung owns majority of OLED R&D and production. That might or might not happen but apple has done this before. They have million patents which will never even go to R&D. Sure other companies do this too but they don't sue others. Pathetic.
6. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Then they said , Apple is just a fruit with no innovation .
11. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
nobody cares for your s**t
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
This is just them trying to make sure Samsung don't make it for their own devices and only for the screen they're about to get Samsung to manufacture for the iCraps...
10. Diego! (Posts: 523; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Didn't Samsung patented and produced AMOLED and SuperAMOLED displays with this 'idea'? I'm 100% sure I read it here!
21. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Can someone explain to me how this is different than automatic brightness on android? Sure, this may be specific to OLED screens....but it sounds like the same thing to me.
28. NE_BE (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
Auto brightness looks outside to see if your in the dark or in the sun and adjusts the brightness accordingly. this would check the display itself for faults ;)
29. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Was the body image comment necessary? Whoever is writing the articles needs to be unbiased what a freaking joke
33. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Awww did that comment hurt your feelings? Even though Apple is an insecure little girl who keep making their phones smaller and smaller but offer nothing to the software side.
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9366; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Actually, the iPhone 5 is longer than the iPhone 4 and 4S so technically it's bigger.
37. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
OMG. They might use these OLED Displays to Sue Samsung again, that Samsung copied this,those from them. Pathetic Apple. Please just stay with those LG Display.
41. vijaysivakula (Posts: 171; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Since when are we having grammar lessons on Phonearena? Damn! I might have missed some important classes.