Apple patent filing hints at a tight fingerprint scanner package suitable for mobile
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2013, 07:24 posted on
In the patent Apple describes an encapsulation technology that would seal off the scanner sensor, its conductive bezel and accompanying paraphernalia in a tight package, pretty enough for mobile use...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Isn't that amazing?
2. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
its amazing. but the fact that no one else should use fingerprint scanning technology other than Apple isn't that amazing.
4. apple4never (Posts: 1058; Member since: 08 May 2013)
this is what annoys me, apple patents things that are pretty cool but in doing so they hardly use any of their patents and prevent other companies from using them as well. To me apple is just being greedy now, and i would like to see them use their patents for other uses than suing samsung
8. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm just confused. Motorola Atrix has finger print scanner
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
As the aritcle states, Motorola have used this technology before (Atrix). I smell another law suit coming even if its not filed by Apple.
7. buccob (Posts: 2345; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
no law suit will come sadly, because iPhone bought Autentech which is the company that made the fingerprint scanner for the Atrix... and most fingerprint scanners for mobile...
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Who gives a damn bout their bogus patents.
10. 4stars (unregistered)
lol, that technology was on Acer FOUR Years ago.
13. welis (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jun 2013)
This news on add to Apple News Hub
More than 100 news about Apple on the HubsFeed in last month.Thanks!