Apple patent could allow companies and the Gov't to shut down your smartphone in certain areas
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2012, 07:59 posted on
Apple has just been granted a controversial patent that would allow the Government and companies to shut down services on our phone in a certain area…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
49. flamencoguy (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
So what else is new? All of their patents are about locking up any possiblity of competitor's being able to use any feature to compete against them.
50. lyndon420 (Posts: 4464; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
If someone doesn't want you talking on your phone during some event, then they need to incorporate a jammer. Messing with each other's phones like what they are implying is just wrong. Can't see Google trying to licence a BS patent like this from apple.
55. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Why would Apple want this "feature" on their devices?
"iPhone. The next big thing is Big Brother."
Doesn't sound like a successful marketing campaign to me.
57. bluexperia (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
the rotten fruit who wants to rule the world.... seems legit...
60. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
I don't think you guys are grasping the idea for this. I honestly agree with the government to be able to shut down service in certain areas for security purposes. The only reason I say this is because in Iraq and Afghanistan, terrorists are using cell phones to detonate explosives. Gorvernment yes, but other companies I would say no. That's just my opinion on the whole thing, they aren't trying to control you, it's to keep you from being bombed and what not.
61. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
apple want to control the world!!! i hate it! i dont eat apple!
62. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Apple is worse than the CIA in so many areas. and talk about restricting freedom. Apparently, the nazis are back.