Apple patent application for "iTime" from 2011 sounds very much like the rumored Apple iWatch
Last year, Apple patented the name "iWatch" in a few countries, and that is the name that it is assumed that Apple will use for a smartwatch. However, the name "iTime" is prominently printed on a drawn diagram from the patent application.
With the world focusing on a possible unveiling of the Apple iPhone 6 in September, we could see an iWatch introduced at around the same time. The latest rumor has two models of the iWatch coming, one for males and one for females, with three different models available.
Apple patent from 2011 mentions iTime
Thanks for the tip, Tony!
via: 9News (Australia)
3. FazlurKhan (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
The name doesn't ring as good as their other trademarks. Aytaym.
4. na7noo7 (Posts: 232; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Would have been called MacTime if they never used "iDevice" and made the OS:
Mac OS PC
Mac OS Mobile
Mac OS Wear
5. fzacek (Posts: 1672; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
All this iNaming is really staring to p**s me off...
7. Trolloftheyear (banned) (Posts: 66; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
They will iPatent even more iNames.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6497; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just hope the FTC doesn't kisses Apple ass this time. ipatent news is getting worse every month or week.