Apple patent allows iOS devices to share content by pouring it out
0. phoneArena 08 Jul 2011, 09:58 posted on
According to Patently Apple, the tech giant is working on a feature that would allow content to be shared among all iOS powered devices; using gestures, files, web pages, contacts etc. would be wirelessly sent from, say, your Apple iPhone to your iPad using a motion similar to "pouring" a glass of water...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. android_hitman (Posts: 592; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
probably in iOS6 or even 7 we will see this feature..
sadly useless for me because i don't own an apple device and probably never will
15. cheetah2k (Posts: 803; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
So Apple are investing in patents that "pour", rather than revamping iOS which is as boring as fcuk after 4 years....
16. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Boring? Yet it's still selling millions and millons. Also, how can you say that iOS is boring when you don't have it :)
22. cheetah2k (Posts: 803; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
I've had every iphone version over the last 4 years, and iOS is as boring as fcuk... Got it?
19. Penny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Ummm...not exactly an Apple fan here, but I think this IS what you would consider investing in making an OS less boring...
2. Cvballa3g0 (unregistered)
Almost like bump?
9. iwebdroidberry7 (Posts: 230; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Bump required contact of the two devices. Or has the meaning of the word "bump" been changed recently?
11. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Probably why he said "almost" unless the meaning of that word has also changed recently?
3. G-reg (unregistered)
5. WDBJ (unregistered)
Very similar to bump haha. I think they Apple should focus on perfecting the notification bar first before adding another Android feature to an Apple device...ZzZzZz
13. E.N. (Posts: 2275; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Seriously, you guys need to realize that no matter how open Android is, it will always be platform of second choice to developers. This is why Android fans are super annoying. Will talk just to talk. Why did Hallucinator get a -1?
6. Markman2012 (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Crapples at it again being a patent Junkie
7. stealthd (Posts: 948; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Companies that don't patent everything they can get screwed.
17. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Bummer, I guess they can't copy this feature now :)
8. Markman2012 (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 May 2011)
i understand that fact but ...nvm no need to debate this on PA cause everyones a fanboy
12. WoW (unregistered)
Markman2012, or you just don't have any good arguments to come up with. You people can be such dumb@sses it's not even funny. If you had half the business brain that Apple has you might be able to understand why they do what they do. You say the company is greedy when you would jump at the first opportunity to make some sort of money. You think Google respects privacy when it comes to monopolizing the search engine industry? Come on....
14. Markman2012 (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 May 2011)
first i dident say anything about google,nor did i say anything about apple being greedy but since you bring up the point yes they are,second welcome to the cullt of jobs,FYL
21. Robert235 (Posts: 50; Member since: 30 May 2010)
apple should patent a iphone that not the same thing from last year.
23. iosmaster (Posts: 115; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
To the cheetah crap up there how can ios be boring if it has tons of games and i mean good quality games, i cant find entertainment playing with my task manager or widgets, or do u??
25. WDBJ (unregistered)
"iosmaster" you should probably start getting used to widgets ;)
26. CLINTONW25 (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Jun 2011)
i think this is real creative..good job apple