Apple paid for some teens to attend WWDC 2012
some with multiple apps in the App Store. For example, 13 year old Paul Dunahoo attended the iOS developers' conference and received feedback on his 6 productivity apps from Apple engineers. Mr. Dunahoo owns Bread and Butter Software LLC and is in the eighth grade. He says that his apps have been downloaded nearly 2 million times and has just released his latest app, a grocery shopping list maker. The 13 year old says he has earned $8,000 so far, which he is saving toward the purchase of a house.
The teens are part of a new crowd in the age bracket that have left the typical summer job at the mall or cutting grass to write software for apps. And while many of the teens are creating apps in order to earn some extra spending money, many have serious designs on working in the software industry when they get older. 15 year old Midas Kwant, attended WWDC 2012 and came to the event from the Netherlands. While in the States, he visited Apple's offices where someday he hopes to work.
7. phatride4ever posted on 18 Jun 2012, 13:40 16 5
Do not worry, these kids will never see a naked girl in their lifetime.
12. EclipseGSX posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:01 7 3
What do you think he is looking at on his laptop ;)
39. xtian1103 posted on 19 Jun 2012, 05:58 0 0
kim kardashian... wearing the yeezy 2 playing one on one against kanye
13. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:11 4 3
Just like Larry Page or Steve Jobs? Eeeyep. I see success in this kid's future. Too bad he isn't making apps for Google Play Apps.
Your comment was hilarious, just a little uncalled for.
16. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:30 5 11
Yup I was going to say the same thing.
24. EclipseGSX posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:37 3 3
Ugly Nerd + $$$ = naked hookers
28. remixfa posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:52 5 3
I dont see what the big deal with hookers is anyways.. as long as u dont get the cheap ones. Instead of paying them with dinner and a movie for sex, your paying them to leave afterwards. sounds a lot more honest to me... lol
31. EclipseGSX posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:59 1 3
haha yea I guess that's true. It's honest but sad
11. sithman (banned) posted on 18 Jun 2012, 13:58 9 11
Some idiot android fan with nothing to do. My son went to WWDC via apple, and said it was a great experience for him. He also got a free iPad 3... Saved me some bucks.
33. sbr999 posted on 18 Jun 2012, 15:14 2 7
Some idiot Android fan? You must be a cretin yourself then. Why are Android fans idiots?
35. TROLL posted on 18 Jun 2012, 15:39 6 0
More like smart and clever....
Unlike stupid simple basic computer illiterates, and little kids and grannies...
37. InspectorGadget80 posted on 18 Jun 2012, 18:28 2 1
gave u thumbs up Non _sequirtur. you can thank taco and other ifans
6. tedkord posted on 18 Jun 2012, 13:40 9 1
Two million downloads, $8,000? That's less than a half penny per download. What's he charging for these?
8. networkdood posted on 18 Jun 2012, 13:52 7 0
8,000? I would have thought it would be closer to 2,000,000 - maybe he has a lot of costs....still pretty cool. When I was his age I was programming in BASIC and learning PASCAL.
27. tedkord posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:52 4 0
Ha! You're dating yourself. I actually took a college course in Fortran F77. that's like ancient hieroglyphics today.
21. tedkord posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:36 6 0
Ah, hadn't thought of that. It's nice to see enterprising kids like these. I wish them lots of success.
19. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:32 10 2
It's probably a free app. This kid is probably going to be very successful
20. remixfa posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:34 9 0
sounds like its an ad supported app.
Still, 8k when your that young? thats frikkin awesome. Go kid go!
23. tedkord posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:37 7 0
Still, he oughta put a nominal price on them, and at least bring home a dime per DL. $80,000 would be a whole lot more awesome!
26. tedkord posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:42 5 0
Make that $200,000. I was thinking he was getting a penny per download, forgot it was $0.004.
29. remixfa posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:54 6 0
oh, I totally think he should go for the 10 cent mark. 2 million downloads is pretty substantial He needs to start pullin in the G's. Its kind of odd though, since Rovio makes boatloads off of ingame advertising, and he's making so little. I realize rovio has a bazillion more downloads, but u think he would be making more per click.
Maybe his apps arent used that much after DL. Most of the advert money is made from apps that have high use statistics.
Still. again.. go kid go. :)
30. RamyRamz69 posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:57 6 0
There are three types of people who own a mac:
Engineers, Wanna-Bes and nerds who wanna make money like the guy above.
38. InspectorGadget80 posted on 18 Jun 2012, 18:28 2 0
These kids must be desperate. have they EVER HEARD OF STREAMING??