Apple outs iOS 7.0.3; update fixes accelerometer calibration issue and more
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 16:54 posted on
Apple not only introduced the Apple iPad Air and the Apple iPad mini 2 on Tuesday, it also rolled out iOS 7.0.3 which includes a number of changes; one of the issues that is fixed by the update is the problem with the accelerometer that causes the readings from the gyroscope and the compass to be off. The update adds a password generator for Safari and repairs a lock screen bug...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder when Apple is going to remove the stupid parallax 'feature'? Almost everyone I know who took the plunge on iOS7 have been complaining of getting headaches from looking at the screen for an extended period of time (as in playing games). Disabling the function really doesn't provide relief, because the function is not truly disabled.
I suspect 7.1.# (maybe 4 based on how long it took with iOS 6) is probably going to be the stable release.
38. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
1. It only does anything on the homescreen... Unless your friends consider staring at the home screen a game, I do not see how it effects them
2. It can be turned off in the settings per ios 7.0 (yes it does turn it off)
2. stealthd (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The iCloud Keychain feature can be huge. This isn't anything new if you're familiar with apps like 1Password, but no need to buy such an app anymore if you have an ios device or a Mac.
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Hopefully they don't break more things. Apple's software development team is pretty incompetent.
15. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
That's why the biggest companies always want to do what Apple is doing, right? Both hardware and software.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I noticed the note 3 has the reader feature in its browser now, yet they say only apple copies. All these companies at one point, or another borrow. +1 RP.
21. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Well, their software is indeed very buggy. For example Maps, now IOS 7. And don't forget iTunes for Windows. I can't think of a single piece of software Apple has released in the past 2 years that hasn't been buggy.
26. RoboBonobo (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
Pretty much all companies have their growing pains when it comes to product launches and software upgrades. It's a good thing most of them bother to fix the problems at all. There's been times when companies didn't fix bugs and it ended up in the courts. At least Apple is one of the companies that's pretty proactive when it comes to fixing problems with their products.
4. uchihakurtz (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Hmmm.. I wonder what new bugs they'll bring. LOL, JK.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes! Apples on the issues at hand. I like this new aggressiveness from them. A few enhancements too...cool yo.
9. bucky (Posts: 1597; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I love the fact that I know have the choice to speed up the animations! It's what I have been waiting for
13. bucky (Posts: 1597; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
It takes the animations and changes them to more of a fade away. It's not exactly the perfect solution but the phone feels much faster not waiting for the animations
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
True it does. The zoom effect is sooo cool though dude.
24. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
But its SOOOOO much faster. Animation seemed like it was a bottleneck on opening apps even on the iPhone 5.
36. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Love the effect but not if it means I have to wait for an app to open every time. If I didnt notice a difference in app load time Id have them on.
34. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Long animations annoy me too. First thing I always do if its not already done on android is set the animations to be as fast as possible. It just makes the device feel much snappier and it saves you precious milliseconds.
6. Yubnub (Posts: 100; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Just updated to 7.0.3, and the problem with the accelerometer is still not completely fixed...
7. xDrizzyXx (Posts: 62; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Apple is on the ball!! Just got my update right now! :)
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My 5S is updating now, about to hook up my iPad.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Update is cool, but what I don't like is with reduce motion on, now you get the fade effect instead of the zoom in effect, when opening apps. Fade looks cool, but I like zooming better.
19. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Same. I had that on just to remove the parallax effect, which I found a bit distracting. All the other animations I was totally fine with.
14. bucky (Posts: 1597; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
It's nicer to see the zooming in and out but hopefully apple speeds up the animations in a future update. For now, this is great for me
18. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Nice updates. So far so good, though am not liking the change to Reduce Motion. I would like a way to turn off the parallax effect - but keep all the other animations on.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly, me too. Turn off parallax, keep on the zooming. Otherwise it's a sweet update, loved that they brought back web search and wiki to spot lite search.
33. blingblingthing (Posts: 462; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Why all the paralax hate? Love seeing it in my brother's iPhone 5
22. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
The fix is simple - use Android.
Sorry, just felt like trolling.
23. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I find navigating the software to be MUCH faster with motion disabled.
25. liiikiii (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I need help! I just bought 5s 32gb gold.. When i want to add fingerprint it open and it says "operation failed" ? Hard reset not working
27. RoboBonobo (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
Sounds like you need to take it back to the Apple store.
29. azafirster (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 May 2012)
There isnt anything in the changelog that mentions the most obvious problem, the BATTERY LIFE. Sheesh, fix it already. That issue has been around since day one of iOS 7 availability. Hate having to bring around an extended battery all over the place.
35. RoboBonobo (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
Turn off Background App Refresh for everything you don't need constantly running in the background... and turn on Reduce Motion.
30. deathbydesigner (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
This fade effect with the "Reduce Motion" setting set to on is horrible. It seems more sluggish with it turned on in my opinion.
32. merdoc87 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
I like the fade effect it's way better then the zoom crap
37. Taters (Posts: 3653; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
5s still stutters more than the 5. Try again Apple.