Apple officially announces iPhone 5 event on September 12th in San Fran
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:45
Apple under Tim Cook isn't nearly as good at keeping secrets as Apple was under Steve Jobs, so this isn't a surprise. We knew that the new iPhone was coming, and all signs pointed to the event being held on September 12th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. ZayZay posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:15 2 34
What are you talking about, it's the iphone 5G! Duh Come get your new 5G iPhone people.
84. ZayZay posted on 04 Sep 2012, 16:29 2 7
You guys do realize there will be masses going into stores asking for the new iphone 5g just like they did when the 4 came out and people said 4g and that is a scientific fact!
36. raphael007 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:47 12 1
That s the best thing I have read all day, thanks a lot for a much needed laugh
67. darkkjedii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:46 11 1
I'm an apple guy but funny is funny, and THAT was funny lmao. Good one dcgore
106. serious9010 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 10:41 0 0
Nope. Not an apple guy. Just adding weight to your comment.
77. The_Godfather posted on 04 Sep 2012, 15:32 4 2
Woooooohoooooooooooooooo.......Same phone with a different name wwwwwwwowwwwww what a innovation we are going to see on September 12th.
2. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:48 34 2
Have to say, that shadow thing was pretty smart. But that's all Apple's good at, advertisement.
5. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:55 4 17
Actually, the Genius ads did a good job of portraying Apple. Brainwashed nerd thinking he's a tech expert helping clueless dinosaurs who prioritize their computers instead of the world around them.
15. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:11 13 3
Of cause it works, who said it didn't? How did Apple even manage to sell a single 4S if their advertising didn't work?
19. gallitoking posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:16 4 17
well you have many times. saying that Apple brainwashes poeple. c'mon is 2012
27. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:32 11 3
For me it doesn't work. :P
30. gallitoking posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:37 3 13
well you use their logo in your avatar... and is either waving or pointing but can't stop looking though
32. Ohrules posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:42 16 0
it is an apple with a boner
83. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Sep 2012, 16:06 4 0
Click on my user name to enlarge my avatar. :)
105. Ohrules posted on 05 Sep 2012, 09:53 0 0
oh right, it is android eating into apple. my mistake :D
82. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Sep 2012, 16:05 0 1
1. I don't buy any Apple products.
2. My avatar is only caricature.
So, for me it doesn't work. :P
43. Mxyzptlk posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:53 2 9
Products that innovate.
65. iamcc posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:43 5 0
Products that innovate? lol.
102. Mxyzptlk posted on 05 Sep 2012, 07:52 0 2
87. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 18:40 0 1
Step 1 : Takes last years model.
Step 2 : Keep it up to date with current hardware.
INNOVATION! (Said in the same way Bill Nye says "SCIENCE!")
41. Mxyzptlk posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:52 3 12
Apple's good at many things. They don't need advertisement to sell their products. Their name sells everything they produce.
Such a wrong comment to make.
66. iamcc posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:45 5 1
Their name sells everything they produce because of advertising.
I was playing poker this weekend and my friend's girlfriend told him she wanted an iPad. He argued with her about the fact that she doesn't actually need an iPad for what she does (he does in fact have an iPad and iPhone so he's an Apple guy).
She says to him: "It doesn't matter what I do. I want a something with an "i" in front of the name and an Apple logo on the back!!!"
Talk about f**king brainwashed.
71. Jobes posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:59 2 0
Sounds like my girlfriend.. omfg some days I just want to buy one to beat some sense into her with it. She is slowly realizing the differences between Android and IOS so ill at least give her that, she loves music and went over her Apple expenses for the year she realized she has spent over 1000 dollars on music/apps/garbage. I just laughed and said that's why we will never get married needless to say ill crack that cookie someday.. someday... she does enjoy the fact that the S3 comes in white lol.
89. Peter98 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 20:05 0 0
Lol. In my country, I almost see Samsung advertising every day instead of Apple.
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:55 13 4
Haha, who needs iPhone? We have GooPhone. Boy I love the logo.
12. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:06 1 2
Good point about icon rows.
21. MichaelHeller posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:23 3 0
If a major invitation/marketing piece like this is highlighting the number of app rows rather than the name of the device itself, Apple's marketing team has obviously gone insane. No way that's the case.
25. AppleConspiracy posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:29 0 1
Exactly. It could also be number 6 and then someone would suspect that it stands for six rows of icons when counting the dock...
This is to important number to be about number of rows.
52. protozeloz posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:11 0 0
number could also imply that people can "see more" on their screen? I mean what better commercial campaign than the fact that you can now "see more do more" I mean for android is not a big deal but iOS users are looking forward it, you know how much less scrolling I need to do on a springboard when I can fit 20? icons per page instead of 16?
59. AppleConspiracy posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:32 0 0
This is not in the spirit of Apple's invitations.
You must understand their practice of visual meta-language to decode how deep are they hiding the meanings in graphic design. There are not so deep and they are never redundant or complex whatsoever. Their graphic design is suggestive, but never of substantial content, nor layered or ambiguous. This one clearly shows number 5 and 12. The message could hardly be any more elegant and clear.
62. MichaelHeller posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:36 0 0
I definitely expect that there is double meaning there with a reference to the 5 app rows, but I reject the idea that the 5 is only referring to that and not the name of the device as well.
47. protozeloz posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:04 0 0
well the look of that invitation itself is a downgrade from what apple is used to have
for example last year
It gave us a clue about Siri, but this? this is not much
50. protozeloz posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:06 0 0
same with iPad
but this new one has No meaning at all? iPhone name revealed? there was always something extra thrown in there
48. Sniggly posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:04 0 0
In light of the Apple Genius ads, you're completely discounting the possibility of Apple's marketing team being insane?
61. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:35 0 1
Yes, but it would be whimsical - which is exactly the sort of thing I would expect.
10. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:04 1 3
Nice. Looking forward to this, it would be nice to see the return of "One more thing..." as well. A good opportunity to announce the iPad Mini. I'd love a Nexus 7 but won't make any decisions while the shadow of the Mini looms.
34. downphoenix posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:44 2 1
Oh come on, you're an Apple fanboy, at least be honest and admit that you didnt buy the Nexus 7 because you wanted the Mini more and knew it was on the horizon.
53. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:11 2 2
What it must be like to live in your black and white world where everyone that likes or wants an iPhone/iPad is an Apple fanboy. Sad.
A waste of typing I know... but, I almost purchased a Nexus 7 and hesitated and they went out of stock. By the time they came in stock again there were rumors of the Mini. Since I have more investment in iOS than Android (excluding a brief period where I had a Galaxy S2 last year) it makes sense for me to get a mini - rather than to buy a Nexus 7 and then re-buy apps.
63. E.N. posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:41 3 1
Yup, their world is black and white indeed. I owned a GSIII for a while and all the crazy Android users refused to believe it. Its like they can't think outside of Android vs iOS.
91. downphoenix posted on 04 Sep 2012, 20:35 0 2
actually you'll have to rebuy your apps, a lot of the ipad and iphone apps are separate purchases. On android though, you rarely ever have to worry about thiat :)
11. Tre-Nitty posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:05 8 7
And again the android faithful flood the iPhone section. Obsessed much! Get over it, the iPhone 5 will obliterate any other manufactures device in sales and contrary to idiots beliefs, that's all that matters.
16. Sniggly posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:12 2 1
I dunno. Apple's "record sales" with the 4S barely managed to budge its market share versus Android.
28. AppleConspiracy posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:32 3 0
Android doesn't stand for some particular products, it could be poorly sold HTC or strong sales Samsung, so marketshare is not the category to compare. Meanwhile, iPhone (iOS) is an actual product and nothing can go near it for now.
35. zibbyzib2000 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:46 2 4
Well no shiz...
There's only 1 iPhoner per year versus 100+ Android phones.
55. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:14 3 2
First you guys say iPhone is the top selling phone and that no manufacturer comes close...Therefore iOS is the top mobile OS.
So when we say Android has higher marketshare, you say it's a hundred phones vs one.
We just can't beat iFan logic lol
92. joey_sfb posted on 04 Sep 2012, 22:06 0 0
Another sign of brain wash apple cult follower.
Everyone holds the same phone and think that they are damn unique.
"Oh my uniquely design phone just for me!"
Paying more for a phone does not make it better or unique. :eyeroll:
98. E.N. posted on 05 Sep 2012, 01:20 0 0
Who said anything about being unique? I swear you guys are deranged. I go for what I think is the best phone, not what is the most unique.
20. andro. posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:19 1 0
Apple is still fairly strong in the US market,ridiculous court rulings have made sure of this,however worldwide apples market share has been 'obliterated' with android nearing 70% market share.
Ps. Apple make sure this isn't streamed live in China,goophone are ready!!
13. BDW2008 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:07 7 5
Stop the hating on Apple, because they are great and even if they lack features that people think they want but wind up never using, they still make one of the best if not the best smartphone. iPhone 5 is on the horizon and I can't wait. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14. sudbury78 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:09 6 3
Tre-Nitty, you beat me to the punch. Isn't it just glorious how obssessed these apple haters are that they literally within minutes flood apple stories. Get a life haters and watch the sales BLOW AWAY and and all phones in its way. APPLE FTW.