Apple mulling three flexible display sizes for its iWatch, 1.5” prototype already in the lab
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2013, 03:29 posted on
Apple is apparently testing flexible OLED displays in various sizes for its upcoming iWatch accessory, Korean media reports, which means that the maker of those screens is either Samsung, or, more likely, LG, given that both companies can make bendable OLEDs now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. verbalize (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 May 2013)
It's nice to see a company that takes it time to produce a perfect device . Size, look and the smoothness of a operating system. I can't wait for it.
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yeah, 2010 takes super long to finish for Apple, but at least they are utilizing WebOS & Android inventions and Samsung 64bit chips & flexible displays that coincidentally go into production this month.
8. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
No. You are wrong.
12. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1577; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You are right, it's a good thing Steve Jobs was on the Google board so he had access to the company's trade secrets to create the first iPhone and iPhone OS.
As for the A7, it is no more Samsung's, who couldn't even legally design a chip like the A7, than the Snapdragon 800 is TSMC's.
Flexible OLED? Since Samsung neither invented current OLED tech (Universal Display and others) nor were they first with flexible OLED (Sony and various research institutions), then I guess Samsung is just as lame as Apple, in your eyes?
9. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I totally agree. Its worth spending some time longer in order to provide one's customers a superior product. Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch looks like a stone on my one's wrist that has only power for 10h. LOL. Some companies still haven't understood yet how to make great products.
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 4089; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
nope the gear look premium to me that why I bought it.
if the iWatch is nice I would buy it too. I have Sony smart watch 1, hot watch and agent watch on the way. Smart watch 2 if good I would buy it too.
10. willard12 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Yes, it produces a perfect device. So, what version of IOS 7 are we on over the last 4 days?
14. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1577; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
What percentage of Android handsets are on 4.3, which is two months old?
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't play that card bud.
-Sent from S3 running 4.3
21. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
like they slapped together the rushed mini with pathetic 1024x768 display, and the ipad 1, and all the S hits? please... apple rushes just like everyone else, they are rushing here too, just apples move like worms...
3. Captain_Doug (Posts: 906; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Where's my pipboy 3000? I want like 2 or 3 inches.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They have a lot of patents on it already. Google is your friend.
11. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
I'm sure it would be better than any smartwatch out there!
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
except it cant be because it will need a smartphone to work...
22. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 396; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
apple or not... that thing is MO-FUGLYYYY