Apple: more than 25 countries to see the release of the iPhone 5s/5c on Oct. 25
0. phoneArena 09 Oct 2013, 08:17 posted on
Apple has just sent out a press release announcing its plans to spread the joy of its new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c duo to over 25 new countries, starting October 25th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 9276; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Roll em out apple. As I've said, 3 device lines really matter, iPhone line, note line, and galaxy s line. The rest fill in the pie.
3. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 127; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
3 device lines really matter, iPhone line, note line, and Nexus line. The rest fill in the pie.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 9276; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol ok, you got me there. Nexus is a very strong brand too...my bad +1
2. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 127; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Oi!!!! Apple!!! Sort my order out first!! Still waiting!!
4. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Great........India is there in the list for 1st November release.........
5. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
This is great news for all those people who couldn't legitimately by iPhones before in their own countries and this at least affords them the opportunity and luxury of being able to walk into a local store and walk out proudly with their new purchase, without having to travel to another country and smuggle it into their own. Interestingly, of all the official countries and markets listed above, sadly, there are no plans for any countries in Africa - one of the largest continents in the world with many emerging economies, maybe they're "racists" because, they obviously don't want to include any country in Africa. And upon researching Apple's website, the only official African country listed for the previous iPhone 5 is South Africa. See here:
hmmmmmmm - must be that these phones are too good for those people in those countries.
8. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Oh HARK, who goes there? Why, it be ....
9. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Here in ethiopia iphones are everywhere, but nearly all of the people who own iphones have relatives abroad especially in the USA or the middle east.
10. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Yes, it's really not fair. I have a friend from Nigeria and anyone with an iPhone there purchased it abroad. It really speaks to an unspoken bias that the company has about where it wants its product sold.