Apple may release iOS 7 gold master to partners September 5th
0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2013, 10:07 posted on
We're less than one month from the expected announcement of the iPhone 5S which will bring with it the official release of Apple's new iOS 7. Apple has kept on a pretty strict schedule with the iOS 7 beta releases, with a new version coming every two weeks. iOS 7 beta 5 came last week, and iOS 7 beta 6 is expected next week, and the new word is that beta 6 will be the last one before the software goes gold master (GM)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 20009; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sometimes your comments make about as much sense as gadget80's
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
OTA updates doesnt come from Apple servers. They come from the partners'.
2. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
iOS lost its originality
iOS7 = Jelly Bean + WP8
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11797; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Android ICS/Jellybean = Linux + webOS + iOS
Don't act like android is so original.
15. blingblingthing (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
IOS isn't either. All modern OSes will have something that was seen is an older OS, not like you expected smartphones with no dialers, wifi, color screens etc.
If we are talking solely iOS vs Android; in my opinion, Android has been the more ambitious OS bringing features at a faster pace than iOS.
16. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
i dont agree, we could get these features in a jail broken iphone earlier , i would rather sat that apple is just a doing a favour by making it official
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 20009; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And you know what happens after that. Lets rock!!!
17. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yep, you can be a pretty, pretty princess with all those colorful icons. It's what girls like you dream of!
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 20009; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Insult all you want buddy, I'm all man, just look at the profile pic, I keep it real. Silly insults won't stop my wife to be, son, and myself from getting our new shiny 5S's. also bud, as soon as Samsung releases that huge, powerful note 3 I'll be getting that too. Those two top notch devices will replace my ip5, and note 2. Pwned boy
18. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
iOS 7, brought to you thanks to MS Paint
4. ChafedBanana (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Maybe iOS7 will make some Android users switch to iPhones. The iPhone won't seem like such a dumbed down smartphone anymore to people that are used to Jelly Bean. I have never considered an iPhone for myself. I've tried one as a secondary phone but always stuck with Android. iOS7 has me excited though and has got me thinking.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"The iPhone won't seem like such a dumbed down smartphone anymore to people that are used to Jelly Bean."
What exactly was changed that iOS 7 makes Jelly Bean users think that it is not "dumbed down smartphone" anymore?
11. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
'What exactly was changed..'? Everything, dude. EVERYTHING!
12. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Everything?! Please...still the same app launcher, still the same rows of icons, just more colorful. Not to mention the drop down notifications stolen from Android
10. dorianb (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Yeah. The 'new' quick control center appears to be integrated pretty well. Took awhile for notifications. They just need to jump on the widget/live tile bandwagon to get me to switch. Right now if I left Android I would probably go Windows 8. Even with their small ecosystem.
7. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
oh my god holy poop balls, i wonder when a jailbreak will be available