Apple may be looking to add public transit to Maps
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No need to wait until September 2014, because Google Maps and Nokia Maps is HERE.
2. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
But anyway, I agree. I have an iPhone and there's nothing Apple can do that will make me use Apple maps over Google maps. I've been taken to the wrong location way too many times for me to give them another chance.
8. Sauce (unregistered)
I don't see anything special about Google Maps.
My choice over Apple and Google Maps is Waze.
The app is amazing and the police notifications are very handy/convenient.
11. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
It's not that there's anything special about Google Maps, but the fact is I can actually count on it. I know when I type in an address I'll actually end up at the proper location. I've been directed MILES in the wrong direction with Apple maps. I haven't tried Waze I have nothing to contribute - I'm sure it's very nice ;)
12. Stuntman (Posts: 809; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I use Waze as well. It has many advantages over Google Maps such as better overall route selection and more detailed traffic information.
However, Waze does not offer navigation via public transit. If you take public transit, you need to use a different mapping app.
18. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
There you go...
@ #8 Sauce
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9382; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wait... Apple Maps still doesn't have Public Transit? It's cheaper to ride public transportation in Chicago than driving. What a shame.
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It doesn't have native public transit, but you can hook in 3rd party apps to get directions
13. JC557 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Thankfully there's Google Maps to the rescue... though their 7.2 update is a bit laggy and too focused of form over function. Still better than what Apple has put out so far.
It would be nice if Nokia would be able to export Nokia Maps to other ecosystems.
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3436; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I bet that Nokia will put their maps on other platforms too. Since Microsoft only bought their mobile phones department, they still have the maps stuff.
16. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
imagine using apple maps on a Speed bus.....
6. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Why does the piece of art known as 'Crazy Stairs' spring to mind when i hear this?
7. jacko1977 (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
now want to ride on a bus to take u to the middle of nowhere apple will have that soon
15. dspkblympkbl (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 May 2013)
FYI, apple supposedly bought hopstop app, so what they're probably looking for is a person to integrate the code from that app into maps. It used to be on android but since the apple purchase it's been taken off from the play store. That had me mad cause the app even told you how much the cab fare would be, in addition to driving and public transit directions.
17. wilsong17 (unregistered)
there google map for that
19. NorCalNokia (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Jun 2013)
Nokia HERE for WP8 has had this since since day 1 of Lumia 920 launch,keep innovating apple