Apple may be crowd-sourcing ideas for iPhone 4S battery problems
0. phoneArena 28 Oct 2011, 18:27 posted on
There have been widespread reports of Apple's new iPhone 4S having trouble keeping a charge, and now it seems that Apple may be reaching out to users to find a solution to the problem...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
116. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
he likes being slow and having to hold his phone a certain way to make phone calls?
maybe he also has a dominatrix (his mom) beating him for his pleasure too..
83. bigboss (Posts: 78; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
But only 4% of battery life is left after 9.5 hours of usage? That is not something to show off.
84. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Regardless.... 3g.. Lol I ran 4g 27 hours with a good bit of use take into consideration I'm using a bionic with live background on "4g" full brightness and all notifications on what's the point in having a phone unless all the bells and whistles are full blast :) abuse that phone or don't use it at all.
86. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
1420 mAh battery, SGS2 1650 mAh battery !!! SGS2 is better than the 4S ! hope people understand that :)
89. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
And removable ya lol.. my phone has never even been plugged in to charge.. Beauty of removable batteries is you can do as you wish... Drain the hell out of one battery playing games or watching Netflix then just switch batteries and head out to work without having to hang around an outlet. My whole family loves Apple and I did at one point but I could never go back to it :/
91. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Apple is too constrictive - you cannot:
1) download apps off the internet or other app stores
2) remove battery
3) remove memory card
4) choose which cloud program to use for backup
5) use SPOTIFY
and the list goes on......(sing that to the Sonny and Cher classic)......lol
92. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
And that's why I'm an Android guy now lol tried to go back when the iPhone 4 came out but just couldn't stick with it... I love my bionic.
88. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
wow, with 43% of my battery used I am past 15.5 hours of moderate use.....I get at most 1% drain on idle...I will admit with any of these phones, when they are used, they drain faster - but, Android phones, the high-end variety, are like PCs running on the inside...so what do you expect?
97. Nachoz (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Samsung infuse. Unplugged for 18 hours as of now with live wallpapers active, wifi, email sync, moderate web browsing, heavy text usage, ringtones and notifications on full blast.... all with 40% left... SUCK ON THAT!
98. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Very bad phones from apple.
Apple is good at marketing only.
They are going to suggest to buy 2 phones ?
99. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Such an easy fix just make the phone with a removable battery so its easier for power users to swap on the go. Than again you can always break the warranty on the 4 or 4s and pull the back cover up and the battery is fuly exposed or just buy an extension. Battery, it just makes the phone longer. Def a deal breaker no removable batteries. Maybe on their next marginal upgraded iphone 5 they will fix the issue.
101. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
You know Apple will never do a removable battery.. Who wants to walk around with a battery pack?
159. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
By battery pack I mean one of those huge on the go chargers... I keep a fully charged extended battery on me at all times encase I am not near my dock for a few days.
105. belovedson (Posts: 986; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the reason why there's so many problems is because they are first series of the phone and first real os update. im sure they will improve over time
but sweet taco
iphone screen is 3.5 right?
android is usually 4 inch and bigger for android equivalent.
until we see the iphone 5 there's really no comparison between android and 4 right now.
especially considering samsung, htc, motorola, lg are all coming out with either 2nd to 3rd gen dual cores and 1st gen quad cores.
the efficiency should be much better for the dual cores as well
apple hasn't show anything that they are even close to building a quad core cpu, a bigger screen let along high def. i mean the next iphone is a big question mark when it comes to tech
apple had the same issue years ago during the powerpc chips or whatever they were called. they were superior initially then intel and amd powered over powerpc quickly. same thing might happen with the iphone only you have to these three things correctly
and focus on
hdmi or something equivalent.
108. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
No problem at all really
Bumper + charging all the time + one extra cheap phone to make calls
And you are ready to exhibit your iphone S to everyone around
"woaw what a nice phone"
109. maoten (Posts: 13; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
isn't that one of new IOS 5 FEATURE?! LOL LOL LOL
110. srk_srinivas (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Dec 2010)
LOL, Apple users are like that, they depend every thing on apple to do, they dont want to change even single setting in it.
117. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Only one phone to propose
And as usual it's faulty
121. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
I find it amusing that you guys rip Taco for being a troll and misinformed yet you guys do the exact same thing. Which technically makes you worse because you acknowledge it is wrong and still do it. You will argue that he started it and that is nothing more than a 3rd grade mentality.
136. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Majority of Fandroids come from using Apple products and atleast maintain knowledge of Apple products.. Apple sheep on the other hand don't keep up with Android tech after all they use their IPhones and actually believe that it is "the best". Majority of Fandroids actually research.. compare.. And figure out where their investments in phones will go Apple fans just wait for Apple to tell them what to buy..see the difference?
156. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Again your comments that generalize without proper knowledge make you ignorant.
160. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I come from an Asian family.. Nearly all of them an iPhone.. Which translates to 120 of them using IPhones.. None of them care about specs.. battery life lol they just care its Apple.. Same hours for any of my friends I know who use Apple.. Same goes for me when I used Apple. My knowledge of both Android and Apple are just fine. Generalizations I came to being an iFan.. Having a huge family and large friend base to back my comments on. My observations. My opinions based on seeing people with IPhones and Androids.. Please tell me how I'm being so off base.
144. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I personally said that he lies in two things
-he does not now about android
-he reads halfway
I was not planing on posting until I saw he said android can't last a day, just prove him wrong
126. Packer29 (Posts: 56; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
Wow its funny fandroids just jump on anything negative going on with Apple and the iphone! Get over it the iphone will continue to sell like crazy and is still the best and most premium built smartphones out there!
134. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
The sheep goes...BAHHHHHHHHHHHH "the best and most premium smartphone" seems like your misinformed aswell.
135. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Maybe cops other law enforcement should start wearing iPhone glass rather than kevlar ya? This is a part about the IPhones battery... Not how amazing it is but how its faulty... Yeah Android fanboys are going to jump on a topic like this just like Apple sheep jump on Android topics but for someone to say iPhone 4s is the best.. even Apple doesn't have the balls to say that.
143. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I guess you haven't seen this video? That doesn't look like great build quality to me. LOL
You have to be honest with yourself, which most iTards are not. Apple is falling behind and that's all there is to it. The Galaxy S2 blows the 4s away!!
147. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
To be honest most all of the high end Android blow the 4s away.
149. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Apple has invented the wire bound cellphone. Attached all the time to its charger. Patented
165. denmcdon (Posts: 90; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
hey puto madre guyate la voca puta e traga=shut your mouth bitch and swallow.haha i can speak it but cant spell spanish too good but you get the meaning.
154. denmcdon (Posts: 90; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
Hey heatfan316 go screw yourself you little punk you just showed your age hurry up i hear you mother calling you. Hahaha
155. denmcdon (Posts: 90; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
My android phone is better han your iphone blaa blaa blaa give me a break i use both and i will say games on ios are way better than android cant deny it. Dont even try.
161. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Have you not played any game loft games? Lol
166. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
because gaming is the primary use for phones...
167. felix9 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
A law firm is looking at a potential class action against Apple regarding the reported battery issues: